No announcement yet.

Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did you do a double stroke France, I hope it was an honest mistake.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cheat.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	9095026

Comment

• Originally posted by Holy Roma (DoB) View Post
      Why did you do a double stroke France, I hope it was an honest mistake.
      Why did you say 50 turn NAP and then betray that NAP? If that was a mistake, perhaps a reload back to before the war you started is suitable?

Comment

• Don't know if you guys made some agreement in game but double moves are ok. Lord knows I've done that to France plenty of times.

Comment

• I really suggested to France NAP but I did not get anything in response and I thought that there was no agreement. As for double moves if they were allowed that probably only Pitboss which are allowed.

Comment

I really suggested to France NAP but I did not get anything in response and I thought that there was no agreement. As for double moves if they were allowed that probably only Pitboss which are allowed.
            From the rules of DoB:

- Double Move (DM)
            Civilization is a turn-based game, like chess. Players play their turn in a certain order. First Player A, then Player B, etc. Because of the nature of a multiplayer-pitboss game, set to allow simultaneous turns, all players are able to login and play whenever they want. This means that the turn order will constantly be broken during the game.

When a player plays twice in a row without another player playing his turn in between, it's called a double move. Example: During Turn 80 Player A plays first, Player B logs in to the game 3 hours later and plays his turn. Then the game proceeds to turn 81, PLayer B logs in first and plays his turn. Now Player B has played 2 turns in a row without Player A playing in between. This is called a "Double Move"

Double moves (Doublemoves, DMs) are not bad or evil or wrong, unless they are done in a way that is against the rules. Again, Doublemoves will happen constantly in this game, and only a very specific kind of Doublemove is against the rules in most Pitboss games.

Note: In "Domination of Barbarians" there is no Host/Administrator enforced Wartime turn order. That means that double moves are technically allowed in War and no one will be given reloads if a war opponent uses a doublemove against them. Players are encouraged to make turnorder treaties or agreements if they want to want to follow strict turn order with war opponents.

For example: A group of Civs might agree that they will follow the Turnorder/Doublemove rules from DoE, none of them will invoke Measured War or the No-Login Defense, and they will all refuse to trade with anyone who refuses to join their agreement. This is perfectly fine, but their agreement will not be enforced by the administrator. If someone violates their agreement, they must punish the violator, or not, on their own.

Comment

• I do not want to replay or anything, just my personal opinion is that the double moves are a little tricky way of waging war. But if there are no rules for double moves I guess everyone can play well.

Comment

• Hi Sommers,

I have a question about the turn timer.

The deadline for the turn seems to move forward by hours and small minute increments as the deadline approaches.

Just wondering what is going on here, for instance this turn timer was due at 8:15pm then I noticed it moved up to 9:43pm, now it has bumped up to 10:00pm.

I have noticed this many times before. Some times up to 5 hours are added to the turn timer. Is there a rhyme or reason for this? It's a bit of a pain as you can imagine when you plan to take your turn at x time and the turn has moved by 5 hours. Hard to plan around that.

EDIT: according to civstats the turn took 21 hours not the 17 hours that it's supposed to run.
                Last edited by Arabia (DoB); April 2, 2013, 22:18.

Comment

• The turn actually turned at 10:05pm EST.

Next turn at 3:05pm EST tomorrow....

Comment

• The clock stops everytime someone is logging in or out and the timer stops when the pitboss CPU is trying to sync with the actions that are being done by the player(s) who is(are) logged in. What this means simply, is that the turn would roll in roughly 17 hours if no one ever logged in or did anything. But everytime someone plays their turn, it adds time to the turn. I have found that a good rule of thumb is to expect a pitboss to add about 1 hour for every 6 hours of clock time. So a 17 hour timer will run about 20 hours in RL time.

Comment

• HRE has accepted DMW and made peace with France in advance of the 10 turns required.
                      This means that Portugal must agree to Peace on their next login.

6.7. Defenders Measured War (for all defender Nations) - Any turn after a Nation is attacked, they can call for Defender's Measured War- War may continue for 10 turns. After 10 turns, a 10 Turn peace treaty must be accepted, and the attacker must give 3 (if available) of defender’s captured cities back to the defender. The attacker chooses which cities to give.
                      The return of the three cities will take place on the next HRE login, in accordance with the DMW rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by France (DoB) View Post
                        HRE has accepted DMW and made peace with France in advance of the 10 turns required.
                        This means that Portugal must agree to Peace on their next login.
                        That is not correct. Portugal is free to continue war with France for the full 10 turns if they choose.
                        Originally posted by France (DoB) View Post
                        The return of the three cities will take place on the next HRE login, in accordance with the DMW rules.
                        Just to be clear. HRE only has to return 3 cities if they captured 3 cities. If they only captured 1 city they only have to return 1.

From the story thread, it seems like they only captured Rome. If that is correct, then they only have to return Rome. If what is going on is HRE captured Rome and Portugal captured some other cities, then HRE only has to return Rome, and Portugal has to return a maximum of 3 cities whenever they give France a Peace Treaty (turn 467 at the latest).

PM me if anyone has questions.

Comment

• Ah, thank you for clearing that point about Portugal Sommerswerd.

HRE has captured 3 cities before Peace was declared. Rome(Holy Roma/Wall of Louis), Valley of Kings and King's Crossing.
                          It is however, a part of the DMW that the 3 cities are to be returned on the next turn after Peace is made, and not delayed for many many turns?

Comment

DMW is hereby declared on turn 457 (785AD).
                            I do not understand what you're talking about, we have more moves to war.

Comment

Ah, thank you for clearing that point about Portugal Sommerswerd.

HRE has captured 3 cities before Peace was declared. Rome(Holy Roma/Wall of Louis), Valley of Kings and King's Crossing.
                              It is however, a part of the DMW that the 3 cities are to be returned on the next turn after Peace is made, and not delayed for many many turns?
                              No, this is also incorrect. The rule is
                              After 10 turns, a 10 Turn peace treaty must be accepted, and the attacker must give 3 (if available) of defender’s captured cities back to the defender. The attacker chooses which cities to give.
                              HRE does not have to give the cities back until ten turns have passed, and HRE does not have to give cities back unless the DMW is in effect. The DMW loses effect once France and HRE make peace.

You can have the DMW or you can make a seperate deal. You can not use the DMW to enforce your seperate deal. Once you accept peace from HRE, your DMW with them is over and you cant get it back.

If France chooses to enter into a seperate peace deal with HRE that involves the return of cities and HRE agrees to do so then that is between France and HRE but this WILL NOT be enforced by the admin... Even if HRE accepts the Peace Treaty and then fails to deliver the cities.

So be careful France. I suggest waiting for the normal DMW process ie., getting the cities back as part of the DMW Peace Treaty, in one transaction, rather than signing a Peace Treaty now and then demanding the cities after 10 turns because I will not enforce that. There is too much opportunity for abuse or miscommunication.
                              Last edited by Sommerswerd; April 3, 2013, 15:58.

Comment

I do not understand what you're talking about, we have more moves to war.
                                HRE is correct. DMW was declared turn 457. War lasts until turn 467 unless you come to some seperate deal (which the admin WILL NOT enforce).

Comment

Working...
                                X