No announcement yet.

Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQRK... Copy that China,down-game confirmed, reboot initiated and gameiiisss back up... New month thread in progress... expect completion today, Over.

Comment

• Thank you Sommerswerd, Over!

Comment

• Game back up! Thank you Sommerswerd!

China, excellent post! I am on edge waiting for the next one.
        http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/r...psddd79ffc.jpg

Comment

• Now is the time to vote for the September Diploscore winner.

You can send your vote to me by PM or use this program to vote
          http://www.warner-home.com/DoB/ , but please dont use both as it is a little confusing to sort out.

Each Civ has 5 points to allocate anyway you choose, except you can not vote for yourself. So you can give 1 point to five different Civs or 5 points to one Civ or anything in between. If you don't vote there is no penalty, but you can't use the votes later.

Remember don't be a scummy double voter and please don't vote for yourself if you are subbing for anyone (for example, if China is casting votes for China and Japan, then Japan should not be voting for China, and China should not be voting for Japan).

As usual, we will leave the voting open all month, and announce the results at the end of the Month at the same time that we open the voting for next month. That way everyone gets plenty of time to read, catch up, notice that voting is going on etc. I will send everybody a PM.

Happy Voting

Most Importantly, Here is the current Leaderboard:

Japan = 50

Netherlands = 35
          France = 33
          China = 23
          England = 15
          Arabia = 13
          Celtia = 12
          Rome = 11
          Byzantium = 10
          Ottomans = 10
          Vikings = 8
          Spain = 7
          Persia = 3
          Portugal = 6
          Russia = 2

Greece = 1
          Holy Roma = 1

Here are the Final Results of the August voting:

China = 8
          Portugal = 4
          Japan = 3
          Netherlands = 3
          England = 1
          Ottomans = 1
          France = 1
          Russia = 1
          Greece = 1
          Holy Roma = 1
          Spain = 1

As a recap Here are the Final Results of the prior voting:
          July: Japan = 14, Netherlands = 12, China = 6, Byzantines = 5, France = 4, England = 3, Ottomans =2, Celts =2, Rome=1, Russia =1
          June: Japan = 24, Netherlands = 6, Rome = 2, France = 2, Portugal = 2, Arabia = 1, England = 1, Vikings = 1, China = 1
          May 2012: France = 15, Arabia = 9, Rome = 8, Celtia = 6, Netherlands = 6, England = 4, Byzantium = 4, Japan = 5, China = 3, Persia = 3, Vikings = 2
          April 2012 - France: 11, Netherlands: 8, Ottomans: 7, England: 6, Spain: 6, China: 5, Vikings: 5, Celtia: 4, Japan: 4, Arabia: 3, Byzantium = 1

Congrats to Japan, the score leader . Well done everyone and keep it up!

Comment

• Turn 267 France declares DMW as England sneak attacks France for the second time, without so much as a courtesy post so that he can sneak in a double move at the beginning of the war. Legal but dishonorable.

Comment

• Game is down.

Comment

• Originally posted by France (DoB) View Post
                Turn 267 France declares DMW as England sneak attacks France for the second time, without so much as a courtesy post so that he can sneak in a double move at the beginning of the war. Legal but dishonorable.

Would you care to set up some sort of arrangement for war declaring in the future? I suspect we shall be at war fairly often.

Comment

• The game is down because the host Compy is doing updates . Right now it says "Doing update 1 of 67"... so it might be a while. I will check on it before I go to sleep and then in the morning if its not done by then. I turned off auto update so as not to disturb the game but now the updates have kinda piled up on me...

And Just to clarify... Measured War rules/the city capture rules don't apply to Culture flipped cities, only cities that are captured with military units moving into the city. So culture flipping is not "capturing" nor is it "War" and culture flipped cities don't count as "captured" in War. I thought this would be clear from the rules but I have been asked about it now a couple of times so I thought it would be best to clarify.
                  Last edited by Sommerswerd; October 7, 2012, 20:40.

Comment

• Thanks for the explanation ... I would leave auto updates off but schedule a monthly apply in the org thread for server downtime. Then we all know the reason so there is no pressure.

I turned off auto update so as not to disturb the game but now the updates have kinda piled up on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by China (DoB) View Post
                      leave auto updates off but schedule a monthly apply in the org thread for server downtime.
                      Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by this?

Game is back up

Comment

• Don't have auto updates enabled on your server but every 4th weekend say ... check for updates and apply them. If we know every 4th weekend or whenever you announce you will have updates is a down weekend for a period of time ... no one will think anything of it and we can plan accordingly. My fear is that when the game is down I'll miss when it is back up. With 1000's of barbarians at the door, missing one turn can be catastrophic for me right now. But if I know that on Sunday every 4 weeks the game is down from 8am to 2pm ... then no worries. It was only a suggestion.

Comment

• Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by China (DoB) View Post
                            Don't have auto updates enabled on your server but every 4th weekend say ... check for updates and apply them. If we know every 4th weekend or whenever you announce you will have updates is a down weekend for a period of time ... no one will think anything of it and we can plan accordingly. My fear is that when the game is down I'll miss when it is back up. With 1000's of barbarians at the door, missing one turn can be catastrophic for me right now. But if I know that on Sunday every 4 weeks the game is down from 8am to 2pm ... then no worries. It was only a suggestion.
                            OK I get it. The thing is, I never approved this update... maybe wife did when she was messing aroud with the compy on Sunday . But then as everyone with Vista knows once the blue scree of update starts there is no escape "Do not unplug or turn off your computer" and you just have to wait until it is done. I had not updated in months.

Let me think of a good time to do regular updates so I can give you all a heads up next time. Right now I am not even sure... maybe like on Sundays (during Football?) once a month or once every couple of months? Something like that? I don't know let me think and get back to you on it.

Comment

• Figures the wife foobared it.

I don't know about anyone else but I am really enjoying this game... many thanks Sommerswerd for hosting and administering the best pitboss epic game I have participated in (sorry Robert).

Btw what is the deal with your name and the picture of God played by Freeman? Your name and the image seem contradictory.

Comment

• Great game indeed Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X