Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by France (DoB) View Post
    OOC: I posted a response to the Dutch storyline this time however I intend to ignore future storylines from civs that are running the Slavery civic but claim to not be slavers. This goes against my understanding of the principle of a diplogame that players are to play their civics. I am not going to waste my time arguing over whether someone in a story is a slaver or not since that is not fun nor does it make for a good story.
    OOC: Seeing that there are attackers claiming not to be attackers, slavers claiming not to be slavers seem to perfectly fit into the crowd. Lying and twisting words should not be limited to one civilization alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by France (DoB) View Post
      OOC: I posted a response to the Dutch storyline this time however I intend to ignore future storylines from civs that are running the Slavery civic but claim to not be slavers. This goes against my understanding of the principle of a diplogame that players are to play their civics. I am not going to waste my time arguing over whether someone in a story is a slaver or not since that is not fun nor does it make for a good story.
      Don't forget that lies and propaganda is part of diplogaming.

On another note, I would like to mention that I appreciate you putting screenshots in spoiler tags. Very good compromise

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikings (DoB) View Post
        OOC: Seeing that there are attackers claiming not to be attackers, slavers claiming not to be slavers seem to perfectly fit into the crowd. Lying and twisting words should not be limited to one civilization alone.
        "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

• Originally posted by Sommerswerd View Post
          We increased it once but many players spoke up that they wanted it back to 12 hours. So I would say when there is broad support for a timer increase we will raise it again.
          Just telling, that at least for me the game is on the verge of becoming stress. Which is something I already have plenty of. Reports about barbarians are getting more too, so soon you probably wouldn't want to miss a turn.

Comment

• Is everyone seeing barbs now? If a lot of people are seeing barbs, then it might be a good time to talk timer-raise.

Comment

• I for my part see one.

Comment

• Seen at least 8 so far.

Comment

• France has killed 2 so far but prefers the 12 hour timer anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikings (DoB) View Post
                    OOC: My comment was just a courtesy notification because the Netherlands and France have had a very good storyline up to this point and I felt he deserved to know that I was dropping it and why. I make a distinction between creatively interpretting a game event in one's favor (such as the slaves are all mindless zombies) to denying a game event occurred (such as I am not a slaver even though my civic says slavery). That is my personal preferrence and I am not trying to convert anyone else to my point of view. Play the game as you wish. I just do not intend to engage that type of storyline because the stories devolve into:

"You're a slaver"
                    "Am not"
                    "Are to"

Comment

• I prefer the 12 hour timer personally. But, if the frontier nations need the timer to be higher then we should consider raising the timer to 18 or 24 hours as they will be struggling with hordes of barbarians unlike the walled in nations of Europe.

Comment

• Based on the comments (both posts and PMs) I would like to try raising the timer to 24 hours again. Let's give it a try for a week and see if its too short, too long or whatever. Hopefully those in Europe can accept that and this gives enough time for those on the frontier to just be able to relax and fight barbs at a normal pace.

I will raise the timer to 24 hours starting as soon as I get home (about 6-8 hours from now).

Comment

• OCC ... FYI ... I have been absent from the game since Tuesday due to surprise medical issue (now recovered) that ended me up in ER at the local hospital for 3 days. Fortunately the management of my CIV was on auto pilot, thus I just lost a couple of actions I would have done ... so likely worked out better With regards to turn timer ... being one of frontier civs ... I have seen 4 barbarians in the last few turns. 3 at once (thank god for archers that the silly barbs slaughtered themselves on). I have no objection to leaving the turn timer low at 12 hrs at this point. That might change later but for now ... keep the game humming is my opinion.

Comment

• Yes 12hrs would be nice.

Comment

• As someone who is not able to check into the game every day anyway I prefer the 24 hours. Missing 4-5 turns in a row can cause some issues.

Comment

• OOC: Loved the English rise of the barbarians story post. Made me lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X