Password: Greece

ID: Netherlands (DoB)
    Password: Netherlands

Tier 1
    France - Claimed
    Spain (DoB) - password: Spain
    Portugal (DoB) - password: Portugal

@
    damnrunner - Dumb question, Did you unpack the file? It is a zip file and has to be extracted to your computer, desktop is fine. then you can cut/paste it to whereever you want.

Comment

• Rome claimed and reporting for duty.

Comment

• Tier 3 Anonymous IDs are available!: Remember to CHANGE THE PASSWORD after claiming them!

ID: Germany (DoB)
        Password: Germany

ID: Holy Roma (DoB)
        Password: Holy Roma

ID: Ottomans (DoB)
        Password: Ottomans

Tier 1
        France - Claimed

ID: Spain (DoB) -
        password: Spain

ID: Portugal (DoB) -
        Password: Portugal

Tier 2
        Rome (DoB)-claimed

ID: Greece (DoB)

Comment

• Slightly dumb question: am I still signed up for this game, and if so, what tier am I? I should probably be a tier 5 or 6, honestly... I have no confidence that I'd be much good at a colonization race game. Especially considering my track record in Colonization games...

Comment

• Are we picking our civs now? Havent had much of a chance to read everything so im a little confused right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by MNGoldenEagle View Post
              Slightly dumb question: am I still signed up for this game, and if so, what tier am I? I should probably be a tier 5 or 6, honestly... I have no confidence that I'd be much good at a colonization race game. Especially considering my track record in Colonization games...
              Pick a Tier 6 is my advice if you are worried about the Barbs... They will be NASTY. If you pick a Tier 5 and you are not confident you will be able to defeat barbs then follow the following instructions to the letter:

Step 1 - Build nothing but Warriors until you have Archery
              Step 2 - Beeline Archery
              Step 3 - Build Nothing but Archers until you have at least 7 Archers
              Step 4 - Build a Settler
              Step 5 - Send Four Archers with the Settler to found a new city
              Step 6 - Build worker in the new city then Build Archers until you have 7, then settler and so on

If you do this you will almost definitely not die to Barbs... Or you could just pick a Tier 6
              Originally posted by Black Knight 427 View Post
              Are we picking our civs now? Havent had much of a chance to read everything so im a little confused right now.
              Yes we are picking Now. I will post all the rest of the Anonymous IDs shortly

Comment

• Tier 4,5 & 6 Anonymous IDs are available!: Remember to CHANGE THE PASSWORD after claiming them!

Please note that the Tier 4 5 and 6 civs do not have the ability to post yet.
                To activate their posting, you must enter a new email for them in the "settings" tab, located at the top of the screen. Once you bring up the new window select "Email & Password" from the menu on the left of the screen. Enter a valid email address and follow the instructions to activate the account.

If you are confused by this, you must wait until tommorow for me to assign the account an email address to be able to post. You can still claim the civ and change the password so no one else can take it.
                Choose which Civ you want. You are on your honor to pick a Civ that reflects your Tier accurately.

Note: If you don't know your Tier, use the Tier guide I posted in the OP of this thread. If you still are unsure, use the questionaire I posted a few pages back in this thread. If after looking at both, you still are unsure, then just post here that you are unsure and I will assign you a Tier.

Once you have chosen, log into that Civs Anonymous login by using the ID and Password listed (You must log out of your normal Apolyton ID to do this). Once you have logged in, post a message in this thread to indicate that you have chosen. I will then make an update on what civs are still available.

I will post an Org Thread soon with all this info in th OP for quick reference.

Tier 4
                ID: Russia (DoB)
                Password: Russia

ID: Persia (DoB)
                Password: Persia

ID: Byzantium (DoB)
                Password: Byzantium

Tier 5
                ID: China (DoB)
                Password: China

ID: Arabia (DoB)
                Password: Arabia

ID: Vikings (DoB)
                Password: Vikings

Tier 6
                ID: Japan (DoB)
                Password: Japan

ID: Celtia (DoB)
                Password: Celtia

ID: England (DoB)
                Password: England

Tier 1
                France (DoB) - Claimed

ID: Spain (DoB) -
                password: Spain

ID: Portugal (DoB) -
                Password: Portugal

Tier 2
                Rome (DoB)-claimed

ID: Greece (DoB)

Tier 3
                ID: Germany (DoB)
                Password: Germany

ID: Holy Roma (DoB)
                Password: Holy Roma

ID: Ottomans (DoB)
                Password: Ottomans

Last edited by Sommerswerd; March 26, 2012, 00:09.

Comment

• So we just log into the one we want like 1st come 1st serve type deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Knight 427 View Post
                    So we just log into the one we want like 1st come 1st serve type deal?
                    Exactly

Comment

• EVERYONE... Please, when picking your civs, try to conceal which civ you are picking. So for example, dont ask a question like "so what Tier am I in?" And then 30 seconds after being told you are in Tier 4, post saying you picked the last Tier 4 civ. Try to be discreet about who you are picking. remember you can pick a civ and change the password and then log on later to announce who you picked.
                      Last edited by Sommerswerd; March 26, 2012, 01:49.

Comment

• Wouldn’t it make more sense to have health resources be out in the colonies? I think happiness caps just aren’t so big an issue given HR and lots of religions, and breaking out of health caps is going to be a much larger driving force towards colonization (plus late-game resource grabs). I understand you'll want happy resources, too, for allowing a switch to Representation, but health resources shouldn't be confined to the "developed" world.

Making Europe a center of early-game strat resources and just generally green/awesome terrain (with only a few, common health resources like wheat and fish), while having the “Global South” be of far lower quality, tile-for-tile, with small cities until corps, yet heavy with important health resources makes sense: gaining colonies generally means gaining weak additional land with high maintenance costs, but gaining important resources that allow the fertile, powerful core cities to explode in population. Of course, a few areas will be more valuable, like India, and those will have preexisting AI civs in control, and much effort will have to go into retaining these much nicer (but rare) colonies that are worthwhile in their own right, and Great Games and the like will commence...

This may require modding the colony health resources down in food output.

I do the same with fish on my own maps. It unbalances the late game with Sushi, but your logic is the same as mine there. I also throw wheat, stone and iron all over the place for hammer resources, which balances out the corps more.

Another idea regarding resources and colonies: make woodmills major coin providers (like towns or villages in value), rather than just typical hammer providers. Also, make woodmills on jungles more valuable than on forests. Amazon wood is highly prized, after all. Players then have to choose: work a woodmill for immediate payoff, or build up cottages/pop; work lucrative but food-poor jungle mills or chop for health and population? I feel it's a more realistic and balanced approach than taking the stock game approach, as the stock game approach was not designed for a specific colonization scenario.

Note that most of South America is actually really crap soil. Just because it's "green" in satellite view doesn't mean it makes for large crop output... There's no reason I should have been able to fully populate it in DoE. It should be valuable solely for wood and a few rare resources, imo.
                        Last edited by DNK; March 26, 2012, 01:01.

Comment

• Here is a link to the Organization thread, which has all the team selection info on the OP

http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/1...ization-Thread
                          Last edited by Sommerswerd; March 26, 2012, 01:48.

Comment

• So, what tier am I in?

(Persia claimed, reporting in).

Comment

• Vikings reporting in

Comment

• Byzantine reporting in

Comment

Working...
                                X