No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires II [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if I want to do 3 diplo games at once, plus the next few months are a bit hectic with a long hiatus in June-July. Also, I dislike preset scenarios greatly. I may be available for subbing once the need invariably arises, but I'm likely out of this one, sorry.

Comment

• I'm sorry to hear that. Anyway, should we put a start date on this so it doesn't end up dragging on? If need be I'm sure we could recruit some more people from CivFanatics.

Comment

• I'll send another PM. We just need one more.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Updated list:

Destiny of Empires II Players LIST!

1. OzzyKP
          2. Kenshin2
          3. 1889
          4. Dick76
          5. LzPrst
          6. MNGoldenEagle

7. Jehoshua

Waiting for final confirmation from:
          Sommerswerd
          Toni
          2metraninja
          Calanthian
          Black Knight 427
          Lior29

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• While were waiting please confirm is this a new mod or are we using the BTS scenario?
            Last edited by 1889; March 3, 2012, 21:35.
            Do you believe in Evil? The Nefarious Mr. Butts
            The continuing saga of The Five Nations
            A seductress, an evil priest, a young woman and The Barbarian King

Comment

• Unless my overview of this thread is wrong, the predominant opinion was to "keep it simple stupid" and stick with the preset earth 1000AD map. That said the final word goes to the drivers of this event rather than myself.

Comment

• Since you don't have host ready to do the hosting, I can suggest you guys wait some more time before ending accepting sign-ins. I am wondering if I join or not, but if we get more players on board, I will definitely join. I kinda liked playing with 18 nations in DOE. Just this time we may need to vote mechanism for eliminating nations who get deserted and no replacement is found within reasonable amount of time. Or we vote one "Lord-protector of the abandoned souls", who don't play in DOE2 otherwise, but takes and plays all the abandoned nations, thus still making sense out of them.

Anyway, I can think of all the other 6 you mention, 5 players could be convinced to join including myself (Lior29 I just don't know). We can get another 3-4 from other sites (Beta from WPC was excited to know DOE2 is forming when I told him yesterday, Elkad from CFC would be interested too, few other I have in mind too) and that's 7+5+4=16 players - so close to 18 players full scale epic diplo-game. We can then use the huge Earth map leaving the Americas to the barbarians.

Just some thoughts.
                http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

• We're not playing the huge Earth map. We're playing the 1000 AD scenario.

I'm fine with a vote mechanism for eliminating deserted nations or finding one person to play them all. And definitely bring in Beta and others.

Comment

• I might be able to get a couple more people from CivFanatics aswell, though Jehoshua was the only I knew for sure would like to join in. I'll send out the messages today. I can think of maybe 3-5 more people who might join. GEM would be nice, but I understand the reasoning against it, and 1000AD will give everyone something to do right off the bat.

Comment

• If u still need one more ill be glad to join.

Comment

• Yay! I think we should be ready to go then. Kenshin, did you find anyone else?

Comment

• Doesn't look like it. Got like four maybes, but I wouldn't count on it. We should go ahead and start.

Comment

• I might join in now that DoF is going to wrap up (mostly) for me soon. That said, I am still quite undecided. I will try to decide by the end of today, but not might have the time until Monday.

Comment

• Updated list:

Destiny of Empires II Players LIST!

1. OzzyKP
                              2. Kenshin2
                              3. 1889
                              4. Dick76
                              5. LzPrst
                              6. MNGoldenEagle
                              7. Jehoshua
                              8. Black Knight 427
                              9. Calanthian

Waiting for final confirmation from:
                              Sommerswerd
                              Toni
                              2metraninja
                              Lior29
                              DNK

I'll just wait for DNK to decide and then we can begin... oh we still need a host. Hmm.. Seems to be a common bottleneck. I'll check with WPC since they seem to have some server for pitboss games set up.

Comment

• No mods this time round, right?

I'm confused. Are we taking the stock 1000AD scenario, unaltered, and picking civs, or are we altering this somehow for balance?

As it is, the game scenario seems really unbalanced...
                                Last edited by DNK; March 9, 2012, 03:21.

Comment

Working...
                                X