Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplo Light [Story Thread 1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplo Light [Story Thread 1]

This is the Story and Diplomacy Thread for the Diplo LIGHT Game "Destruction of Foes" (DoF)

The purpose of this thread is to post in-character story posts and diplomacy for this game. Please discuss all organizational aspects of this game the Organization Thread. Use your Anonymous Apolyton Game Account to put posts in this thread.

The Destruction of Foes is a Diplo Light game.
    The players try to rule their empires like they are real. Role playing and story telling is an important way to achieve this.

The difference with a full diplomacy game is that NO points are awarded for the story telling and diplomatic initiatives. This thread gives players, who want to do this, the opportunity to tell more about their civilization and it's motives.

The Persians greet their Ottoman neighbors with the traditional salutation: "oh dear Zoroaster, this is going to be a long year!"

Comment

Section I: Carthage Formed After The Model Of Tyre, Of Which That City Was A Colony
      (REPOST)

The Carthaginians were indebted to the Tyrians, not only for their origin, but their manners, language,
      customs, laws, religion, and the great application to commerce.

They spoke the same language with the Tyrians, and these the same with the Canaanites and Israelites,
      that is the Hebrew tongue, or at least a language which was entirely derived from it.

Their names had commonly some particular meaning: thus Hanno signified gracious, bountiful; Dido amiable, or well beloved; Sophonisba, one who keeps faithfully her husband's secrets.

From a spirit of religion, they likewise joined the name of God to their own, conformably to the genius of the Hebrews. Hannibal, which answers to Ananias, signifies Baal (or the Lord) has been gracious to me. Asdrubal, answering to Azarias, implies the Lord will be our succor. It is the same with other names, Adherbal, Maharbal, Mastanabal, etc. The word Poeni, from which Punic is derived, is the same with Phoeni or Phoenicians, because they came originally from Phoenica.
      Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

Egyptian scouts have stumbled upon a small barbarian village. They call themselves "Persians".. wonder if it's free to plunder..

Comment

Our dreamer 'demographicus' bring good news and bad news:

Bad news, we are the poorest people on earth.
          Good news, our people are almost the longest lived.

The gods do not do not even allow us to die quickly in our poverty, but curse us to enduring a long slow death.

Such dreams though are of little value. For the same demographicus claims that our small settlement is producing multiple millions of tons of products - that is a lot of flint knives and untanned skins!

Comment

The Egyptian patrol has found a small Turkish city, Istanbul. Totally undefended, almost only women and children.
            "-Shall we ransack it, master?
            -No, we leave it for now.
            -But probably this is our only way to the rumored subcontinent of Europe!
            -I know, I know.. it is against my better judgement, but we have our orders form the Great Pharaoh. We leave.I have a feeling though that I will be reminded later.. " I should had destroyed Istanbul" then it will be too late"

Comment

The first (armed) Carthag trade mission has found another civilization, the Egyptians.

Since we have heard stories about the Egyptians being peacefull towards other civilizations, called 'the Turks', we are pretty sure they are interested in trade..

So let us show you our wares..

and sir, would you happen to know any other tribes with remarkable products?

Comment

Oh, the horror... and we thought such things don't exist in our world. The God Ra (ndom events) is punishing us :desire:
                Attached Files

Comment

We pray for the lost life..

Perhaps Tanit, the Great Goddess of Carthage, the Sky Goddess who rules over the Sun, Stars, and Moon will be kinder to you.

Know that the the palm tree is Hers and will be good for fertility. Also the serpent is Hers as symbolic of the life-force of the Earth. This is why she is also called the "Serpent Lady".

And of course, as becomes Her, Tanit is also the highest Deity of Carthage, and that is why she is also called "the Lady of Carthage".

Comment

The gods gave the Persians tin, and the Egyptians raging fire.
                    ~ Xerxius

Comment

And wondrously, there appeared in the plains of Pasargadae a new, bountiful forest. "Now," said the shamans, "we know where the gods put the forests of the Egyptians. Surely, this is a sign that they favor us most among all nations!"

Comment

To Spain:

Map suggestion for division. The stipled line is a territory that we should discuss in detail the settling. Does this seem fair? The natural border is the Pyrenee mountains, but we are willing to negotiate for Spanis settlement north of the mountain chain at the west in return for a reciprocal concession of some sort.

Gaul the Gaul

Comment

Carthaginian Trade Company (CTC) is founded

After much consideration about how to improve trade, Hanno II ordered the formation of the Carthaginian Trade Company.

The CTC is comprised of several of the big trading families of Carthage: the Hasdrubal, the Azrabal, the Didan, the Oxrabal and the Leptian families. Each familily has got it's fair share in the company. No further specifics of the exact agreement were published.

As Hanno II puts it:

"The mission of the CTC is to explore and trade. Part of this mission is to create trading missions all across the known world.
                          We will offer each civilisation we meet trade agreements. The moment our trade network is sufficiently large we will buy and sell all surplus resources availbale."

Comment

In the thronging village of Bibracte
                            Get out! You sought to replace me as chieftain over the Bibracte and you have failed. Therefore I sentence you and all those who would follow you to exile. As the third brother you will have a third of our people to take with you, but they will be the poorest third and no weapons or gold shall you take with you. Yours shall be a harsh existence in the craggy hills of Arverni, you shall there be slaves to all the Gauls, supplying the great chieftains what they demand of you. Leave now and never return lest my great axe swing against you. The village of Bibracte, shall henceforth take their name not from our dying father, but my most glorious self, Lugud! Now leave Lugudun or die!

Meanwhilst on the beaches of Perpignan
                            Great Chief, our explorers have found many faraway peoples and they all seem to have valuables that we could trade for in return for our own products, all we need is a system to give rigths to those loyal to you and wealth will flow into your coffers. There is also an interesting rumour going around of a people calling themselves the Tradecarthians whose greatest desire is trade, we have ordered our explorers to seek their rumoured location. I am certain that they would be grateful for trade rights with our wealthy citizens in Hamlet.

Simultaneously on the hills of Coulliore
                            Confused-by-what-ism? What are these peasants going on about? I ask them to work the fields and they come back with strange philosophies and odd ideas. Where have they heard such strangeness? Could it be dangerous, no hardly, thinkers are not doers. It must have come from Spain, those superstitious mountain clans with their temples and ideas of hereditary leadership. A strange people, but harmless. No reason to concern ourselves, there are none that can match the military power of the Gaul. How does this Confusionism work again?

Comment

-Master, the Gauls have rejected our offer of free trade and open passage. We don't really speak their language of course.. I think they want some kind of tribute from us..
                              -What?! How do they dare? Egypt pays for no one, but we are not here to make conflicts we shall find a way to go around their land
                              -Yes, unfortunately that means we have go back unt..
                              -Unacceptable.. the Great Pharaoh has also said that we should not waste any time.. These Gauls don't seem to be dangerous. We shall continue our journey with or without their permission. They can try to stop us if they dare..

Comment

Working...
                              X