This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russia (DoE) View Post
    If the English borders were closed to you and they absolutely denyed you exit from the freezing waters of the North by surrounding you, (although I doubt this is the case - I have to ask my georgaphers about this) and England did not answer your requests for free passage, then I recognize this would be a reason for hostility, but then again - you were offered half the English colonies and you took 2 cities on the British Island - for me thats a good way to teach someone how he wronged in the past to you and feel satisfied and rewarded. The capturing of London and the intention to keep it is beyond the just revenge.

France involvement in the war we will not comment - let give them the chance to try and acquit themself.
    Dear Catherine and all parties.

Please note that the subject of Australis is hotly debated in Asian circles. I know that India does not recognize the Damn Anglais claims there; and am sure that China and Japan also do not recognize said claims and settlements.

The Vikings were respecting this when refusing the barbed offer from Elizabeth to gift ALL of the Australis cities to the Vikings. This would have placed the Vikings in a dangerous adversary position with the Asian powers. King Gozzo is no diplomatic fool. And I respectfully request that you consider your Asian neighbours aspirations rather than supporting or giving credibility to such an outrageous concept.

Also, may I suggest a more tempered form of words from you to improve the chances of peace? Presenting biased statements of fact is not conducive to a balanced peace process.

King Veneta.
    The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

The Kingdom of the Neander Line has received much diplomatic correspondence.

I, King Veneta, need to publicly and transparently state the position of the Neander and I hope most points in the various correspondence are covered.

Neander policies and current thinking:

- strong historical friendships and alliances to be honoured

The French, the Ottoman Turks and the Vikings are our European friends. If any nation or kingdom causes ill intent to our friends the Neander will act in such a way as to nullify such intent and support our friends.

Also, several friendly trading nations exist in Africa, Asia and the Americas. India and China are respectful friends as are others.

- intelligence gathered over centuries to be systenatically assessed and threats established

Russia and the Damn Anglais are assessed as actively working against the interests of the Neander and some of her friends.

Neander is assured that the Ottoman Turks are still close friends of the Neander but therein lies a paradox. Let us follow the factual timeline:
      1) Vikings declares war on the DA
      2) France declares war on the DA
      3) Russia declares war on the Vikings and France
      3) Ottoman Turks declare war on France (two of Neander's friends)
      4) DA declares war on the Neander

Now, Neander has no problem with the Vikings and France acting against the DA as the DA are assessed as actively working against the interests of the Neander.
      That Russia supports the DA is evidence enough of their intent along with their pro-active efforts to draw up an anti-Neander Pact.

At this point we have the Vikings and France officially warring with the DA and Russia.

Now, when my friends the Ottoman Turks declare on France the Neander has a problem - which friend to support or to maintain neutrality completely.

Recent evidence shows that the Ottoman Turks were NOT a party to the anti-Neander Pact or at least were NOT going to sign it. So Neander believes that closing borders with them is the most appropriate action. A slight bias will exist to favour the friend who has been attacked - France, so borders are not closed to them. But we will not act any further on this. Some of the Neander military were intent on declaring war against the Ottoman Turks but Veneta opposed this, particularly when receiving a sympathetic request from King Phillipe of France to NOT intervene in their wars. He did not want Neander to compromise our friendships and this is appreciated.

Catherine of Russia also appreciated Neander pulling back from a war with the Ottoman Turks. So Neander remains ONLY at war with the DA, a war not of our choice.

Russia is a difficult issue as they have honoured several agreements but have clearly acted heavily against Neander's interests. We would have expected a more open approach from them and a dialog before attempting such a pact.

signed,

King Veneta of the Neander Line
      -
      Basically, GRUNT!
      The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

Veneta steadies his forces as Europe plunges deeper...

--
        ooc Please, can someone tell me if this clip is working? I discovered that using the 64 bit version of IE the Flash plug-in is NOT available for such clips to display.

Comment

[OOC] It works... Its really cool too BTW [/OOC]
          Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

Originally posted by Ottoman Empire (DoE) View Post
            [OOC] It works... Its really cool too BTW [/OOC]

Comment

Bad News Reaches Elizabeth

A religious woman, Elizabeth could often be found at church. She made frequent visits to her favorite spot at Westminster Abbey, lately though it was a cold Icelandic church where she sought refuge. Sadly there was a great deal of dark news to seek refuge from of late. She would come to pray, to commune directly with God, to find peace from the chaos of leading an empire or to be alone with her thoughts. Today though she received word that Glasgow had fallen to the Viking. Today she came to cry.

Comment

Open letter

A) In the interests of ongoing transparency the Neander, upon the capture of the Damn Anglais town of Perth, has asked India if they wish to take control of it - in line with Indian and Asian policies. Since Perth is an area that Neander wanted to settle I feel this is a reasonable action.

Neander does not wish colonial expansion unless it has been fully negotiated.

B) On another note it is pleasing to see the Ottoman Turks withdrawing from Tangiers. This augurs well for the affairs of Europe.

C) I suggest the Inca chair the peace process. They are well versed in the affairs of Europe and sufficiently distant to conduct negotiations in a balanced way. I'm sure they can set aside their slight bias for England to allow fruitful and meaningful discussions.

Several nations seem to think that Neander can speak for the Vikings or French and the affairs of the English Isle but it is not for me to represent these claims. My good friends King Gozzo and King Phillipe can present their own claims.

Once all claims are on the table the trade-offs can begin in earnest

King Veneta of the Neander Line.

Comment

News Flash...

The Daily Turkey breaks an ongoing story... In response to the ongoing riots throughout the empire the government is showing a policy change... Aysecan, public minister, approached fresh from her infamous, expensive trips to the salon has stated: "The Neandor, in their wise dilligence, have pre-empted the announcement of the Ottoman Government...

In anticipation of the proposed peace talks, the Ottoman Turks, prior to the shedding of French blood, have indeed ordered their armies to withdraw fron the ongoing siege of the French city Tangiers as a gesture of Peace. Hopefully the French will completely withdraw from their War against England. As we speak, the Ottoman armies are headed back to Turkish territory..."
                  Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

[ Who are you calling a daily turkey ]

Comment

• The Inca would be proud to host peace talks, if all parties are willing to accept it. The Inca are capable of being neutral in affairs, and can moderate well. We will wait to hear if the other powers accept this or not before talking more on the subject.

~Interim SCI

Comment

• Veneta's reach is far...

Comment

• Vikings welcome peace talks. We approve the Inca as the host.

All Vikings armies have been ordered to hold their positions. Orders have been only given to defend their positions.

Comment

Working...
                          X