No announcement yet.

Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn't get it right after the turn flipped, but after waiting a while it worked fine.

Comment

• It was down. I certainly could not play last turn, but this turn after initial problems I connected. Maybe down or some problems somewhere.

Comment

• Weird, the server has been running, I didn't ressurected it.

Something different: Greece, are you subbing for Spain?
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
          Something different: Greece, are you subbing for Spain?
          Nope, the other way around; I sub for Greece

Comment

• I wonder if this will ever catch on in the real world;
            Holland invades Germany and occupies Germany. Official statement dutch governament: "We are now subbing for Germany"
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Wow, we have finished a turn in almost 4 hours while there are two ongoing wars.. keep it up

Comment

• Nice post, Gaul, on an 'uneventfull war"
                Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• Keep the turns going.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• SEE NEXT POST
                    Last edited by Carthage (DoF); August 28, 2011, 03:54.

Comment

• Just now both Rome en me got thrown out of the Pittboss three times in a row.
                      (while Rome was the last who had to play his turn.. )

Both were thrown out at exactly the same time (see the log) and so it's clear it is not a local thing at our side.
                      Could it be that the firewall the server is behind is playing tricks on us?

By the way, server is working fine right now..
                      Last edited by Carthage (DoF); August 28, 2011, 04:02.

Comment

• OOC: The writings of Sekouterix are not made public at this moment, they will be found sometime after the war, so commenting on them is not purposeful. I write them only to provide some much needed activity on the forum and illumination of the current war for the enjoyment of other players. also, Sekouterix is not an official of the Gallic tribes (hell, Gaul barely has officials, we are a savage bunch of savages).

Comment

• OOC - yes and I appreciate them - you write well and it gives some good colour. But, come on, they are being made public, or at least as public as Viriathus' conversations. If you raise ideas like Lusitania giving all its army to the Spanish pigdogs, which will be read by every nation, you can't complain if i respond!

Comment

• More OOC: Keep in mind that the suspicions of Sekouterix are suspicions, not accusations. His concerns and fears (which partly mirror mine) are based on the circumstances and information available. Seeing that Portugal had horses while Spain did not and then suddenly Spain had chariots and Portugal had no horses seemed quite the coincidence. Keep in mind the wording of Sekouterix
                            A suspicion exists in my heart that the horses are in fact from Portugal.
                            . This can not be seen as an official accusation, merely speculation, unless someone is feeling guilty

Based on such coincedences along with Portugese statements as well as other pieces of information, Sekouterix (and I) have logical and natural suspicions. Spain with 2 cities and no armies has been able to almost catch up in troop strength with me who had a large numerical advantage before the war as well as more production. That is enough to make anyone curious, and where else than Portugal could Spain gain troops? Keep in mind, these are glimpses into my own paranoia, NOT the official IC position of Gaul. If you are concerned with the incorrectness of my concerns then you should probably send an ambassador to the Gallic war chiefs who likely share similar thoughts. (i.e. I am actually giving you an insight into my thinking so that you can act upon it. You can decry my thinking as propaganda and create tension between Gaul and Portugal, or you can PM me and discuss ways to improve our friendship. I show that I have suspicions, how you choose to act on them is of course up to you...).

Note that the comment regarding Gaul's loss of position as greatest military power illustrated my suspicions while at the same time showing that these suspicions were unfounded as it was Rome who had recently become the military leader.

Finally, the Spanish have now settled in the spot north of the Pyrenees where I originally suggested they settle. It was 5 squares north of there that was a problem, so if Spain would talk sense and peace now, then they could have it.

sorry for all the OOC, could a MOD move it to the org thread?

Comment

• Too many wheels within wheels here for me, and no I have no reason to feel guilty about anything! PM's yes - of course we PM, I think the last was from me to you. But come on mate, you can't publicly post stories here and then try to suggest they are not public and can't be responded to! My response was no more official than yours. You publiclly share suspicions that some Gaul's have, I publicly share how such suspicions would be responded to here. Can't see whats wrong with that.

The problem now is OOC posts going through in-game details. I know you mean well, but people are going to be reading your logic here and drawing (false) conclusions from it. OOC justification of in-game actions are very tricky - how can anyone respond? Keep the discussion of IG to in-character story posts / pm, then we all know were we are. Or maybe I am misunderstanding how this works?

Maybe mods can just delete #42-#45

Comment

• could the mods please clean up the ooc posts me and portugal made in the story thread? sorry bout that.

Comment

Working...
                                X