Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hungary (DoF) View Post
    Because the Hungarians are a large and strong nations while the Greek are small and tiny we have offered them .. a chance to make us even larger

Geza
    Our Egyptian-Hungarian interpreter provided us with this translation

Comment

• I would probably accept the settler and strike back later, early wars usually isn't worth it

Comment

• Wow France, calm down. There is no need for your final sentance "... so this is in my opinion not an unfair war ..." nobody is saying it is! Are they? I never did. Please don't imply anyone has questioned its fairness.

You asked us to give you a view on your situation, so I tried my best to help. Yes I don't know the situation in detail, and sorry if I believed too much you IG propaganda about being able to smash them easily etc.

I tried to make clear in my post, twice, that I didn't think there was anything wrong in what you were doing. How much clearer can I be. There is no need for the defensive rebuttal. I was trying to help by answering the question you asked.

My point was simply that you've got every right to attack them as you have done, but they have ever right to hate you for it and to cause as many problems as they can. There are boundaries, you can't destroy them unreasonably, they can't behave unreasonably either, but there is a lot of room in that for you to seize land which you say is sensibly yours (sure they will say the same the other way and point to land in germany or whatever you could have expanded into) and for them to fight a guerilla war if they want.

If you want an in-game argument about have they been expanding unreasonably north, have you been expanding towards their capital, whether the pyrannies should be a boundary, now many cities is fair, fine, just keep me out of it.

Comment

• sorry if you took my post to be so hostile, I only wanted to make certain points known. I did get the impression that you thought the war was unfair and you also mentioned that the war was "unjustified" and a "surprise". I felt that this was incorrect and merely sought to add information to enlighten the situation for those who did not have all the details. It was in no way an attack upon your person or statement, only a help to better explain my motives and situation. I wanted to make sure that the facts were in the open so that any comments would be made based on the real situation rather than one which was perceived in unclear detail.

peace

Comment

• argh.. I have to go to bed now, but with 7 hours on turntimer I am likely to not get my turn, unless a pause is made, or more preferably a timer extension to 12 hours for the duration of the war...

Comment

• worked out, got up early due to hangover...
              but I would still appreciate a bit longer turn timer, with 8 hours I can easily miss a turn while working...

Comment

• I'll make it 12h turns from next turn on for as long as the war lasts.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Thanks for apols France.

I think you may be a victim of your own propaganda. Look at your post #760. You do make very clear how much stronger you are than they, how you can squash them at will etc. So yes I took from that my sense that while what you were doing was perfectly allowed, my symapthy was going to be with Spain with a secret cheer if they made you pay! I've been caught this way before myself - how to issue (a) propaganda that you are massively more powerful and they shouldn't even think of resisting you and (b) that its all actually very fair and reasonable! (And I don't mean to irritate by using the word 'propaganda' but I know there are always two sides to a story!).

Originally posted by France (DoF) View Post
                  sorry if you took my post to be so hostile, I only wanted to make certain points known. I did get the impression that you thought the war was unfair and you also mentioned that the war was "unjustified" and a "surprise". I felt that this was incorrect and merely sought to add information to enlighten the situation for those who did not have all the details. It was in no way an attack upon your person or statement, only a help to better explain my motives and situation. I wanted to make sure that the facts were in the open so that any comments would be made based on the real situation rather than one which was perceived in unclear detail.

peace

Comment

• just a small question... any chance of a pause? 12 hour work day today and I left from home when there was 10 hours left on the time. I could go home early, but that will bite me in the ass later...

Comment

• I will pause it half an hour befrore the turn ends and unpause it two hours later in case you can't do it because of a diplo-screen.

Comment

• thanks egypt

Comment

• As everyone else has played I paused the game now, write here if you can't unpause it.

Comment

• The turn now lasts more than 16 hrs.

Either let's go to a longer timer (then things are predictable when you got to play), or stick to current timer;

but let's not go into pause..
                            Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• well, I kinda hope we will finish this game sooner than DoE . Maybe we should agree on a rule that in this game:
                              -maximum turn length is 24h (effectively 25-26), no pauses
                              -in war the first team/player has the first 13 hour after that the second player can move even if the first one hasn't played yet.
                              -If that happens then the turn order flips (the second player got a double move, the first player still can play in that turn after the second, but if He does then in the next turn the "second" player starts the turn.)
                              -If the second player misses his turn then He can be the first in the next

what do you think?

(btw I will unpause it in one hour, that leaves two more hours for France, should be enough)

Comment

• played my turn, but accidentally hit end turn and it ended, logged out immediately.

Comment

Working...
                                X