Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
    @Portugal: seems like France wants to trade with you!

No, you misunderstood , I'd only trade my UB. I like to play with France, just don't like its UB (and its UU for that matter)

About victory types: I'm in for a true wargame. (yeah, let's disable culture victory so I'll feel even greater about my Salon.. btw never mind me, I'm not really complaining )

One suggestion though: when we are talking about the game, voting etc let's use only the DoF accounts otherwise soon we will be able to guess who is who.
    Last edited by France (DoF); June 17, 2011, 15:31.

Comment

• for support on carack

@carthage and ottoman

No, sadly. Custom House and thus half the feitoria is "+100% commerce from intercontinental foreign trade routes", so completely useless in a one continent map.

Comment

• What about changing the custom house's (and feitoria's) bonus to +1 trade route or +50% trade income (same as harbors for a more expensive second 50% bonus) this way others might build it too..

Comment

• @France: there's not supposed to be any voting...
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• What about changing the custom house's (and feitoria's) bonus to +1 trade route or +50% trade income (same as harbors for a more expensive second 50% bonus) this way others might build it too..
            Changing the custom house (a generic building) is very unwise and unbalancing.

If possible the best change would be: feitoria + 100% for ALL trade (strip the intercontinental prerequisite).
            With the 4,4 carrack that would be reasonable and not unbalancing.

PS. In my Civilopedia it simply states: "+100% FOREIGN trade route" not "INTERCONTINENTAL". So I am not sure if anything should be changed.
            Last edited by Carthage (DoF); June 17, 2011, 17:26.
            Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• makes sense. i'd go for CH getting +100% foreign trade, so just dropping the intercontinental. In a continents map, as soon as you build a CH, all the trade routes for that city go intercontinental, so its the same effect. So, the change benefits everyone, but then puts the feitoria back into the category of a good building which everyone might build in some cities, which the portugese gets an added benefit for.

just seen carthage, not sure why changing CH is unbalancing, only returning it to a use given a one-continent map, but happy with carthage proposal too.

Comment

• I like the sightseeing, i think i'll settle here

Comment

• The Feitoria is FINE, nothing needs to be changed there.. In fact it is a great building.

I tested it on a Pangaea map (did a quick modern start).

See the screenshot (or the attached game save):
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Carthage (DoF); June 17, 2011, 17:59.
                  Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• As a matter of fact I think it's overpowered, let's change it
                    (Carthage is right, it's simply foreign trade, don't need to be intercontinental)

Comment

• We have a certain map, that'll be bad for some gameparts and good for others.
                      That counts for every element of the game. Some of us are going to have UU's UB's that they're not even ever going to use.

Updating the mod again will just delay the start of the game. We'll have to spread the mod again, everybody has to install it.
                      Ozzy: does this map have some ocean tiles and will the Portuguese have some advantage with their current UU, or will the advantage be totally gone?

Comment

• @carthage, you are right. my mistake. It must have changed in a patch sometime. used to be intercontinental only but you are right. So it is as i suggested it should be CH for everyone is +100% foreign so portugal UB is fine.

@rp - understand on time but ... if you were portugal. Its not just are there ocean tiles somewhere on the edges of the map but ocean anyone wants to get across.

Comment

• There are ocean tiles in the Med. So he'd be better able to make a surprise invasion of Carthage or Rome. Or others. So not totally useless, but definitely less useful then other UUs.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Rome is online

Comment

• Well, if Ozzy then can update the mod and distribute it, I'll then setup another test game.

Comment

• Greece will be out until Friday... (be going to the void where internet is scares) I hope I'll get some prepaid stuff on Monday. I'll let you all know.

Comment

Working...
                                X