• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool, less work for me!

Glad this is finally getting underway!

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
      I suppose Robert will make them for us, and should send the login info to Deity who will distribute them to us.

It's enough if the password is the civ's name and we can change it. So Robert creates 12 accounts like:
      Russia (DoF) pw: Russia so everyone can log in and change pw.

and thanks, Deity

Comment

• Yeah, thanks deity.

So, what are the rules exactly? I am still confused over what will constitute "knocking out" an opponent pre-1100AD. I mean, if I have 1 city that's pop4, I would consider that "eliminated" even if I'm still in the game at 500BC...

While we're doing the swapping, maybe we can clarify the nature of the game.

Comment

• THANKS deity!
          I'm sorry for the 90 seconds, it's to prevent spam.....

I'll just give all a password, none of us will be evil enough to hack one straight away
          And then just change it when you've logged in!

THANKS deity, you're awesome!
          We can use 1 day indeed for swap requests. I'm fine with what I got but maybe someone wants to swap. When you got your Anon account just send a PM to the person you want to swap with
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Inca (DoE) View Post
            So, what are the rules exactly? I am still confused over what will constitute "knocking out" an opponent pre-1100AD. I mean, if I have 1 city that's pop4, I would consider that "eliminated" even if I'm still in the game at 500BC...

While we're doing the swapping, maybe we can clarify the nature of the game.
            We say that we should not cripple our opponent, it's not easy to define and I think civs are a bit more protected from being crippled in diplo games with stories. For example it's almost a custom that if a civ loses a city in an early war then the invader provides a settler to compensate-this is ofc not normal in a traditional mp game .
            I'd favor actually to make this a rule (only in the BCs up until AD 1), but then we should not have too many rules

Comment

• Yes thx old D, v happy with my civ

Bring it on
              The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

• Thanks deity - all bow before the Eskimo King!

@ Inca - 'Yes' to things being as clear as possible and sure RP will repost our rules before we start, but mzprox is right its hard to define/turn into a rule, because rules can be exploited. In DoE one nation appeared early on to push out its second city right up close to its neighbours, undefended, choking/seizing lots of land, hoping they would be 'protected' by a rule about not crippling opponents. It was a difficult case, but most people thought that was just exploiting the rule - if you do something that aggressive, undefended, which would give massive strategic advantage later, you deserve to get attacked. (I think the attacker who captured the city did give a settler, but the seizure of a second city was controversial but seen as ok because it seemed to be a deliberate exploitation of the rule).

In the end, a good guide I think is our own intention. Is this action about you growing and developing as a nation (which may involve war) or about crippling an opponent. We all know that in an SP game, a clever tactic can be an early stike against a neighbour AI or two to ensure they are never able to challenge you, crippling them. That is what isn't allowed before 1000AD because we want everyone to have a proper chance to get a nation established. Of course only you know what your intention is/was, which is why this relies on everyone working in a good 'diplo spirit'. But I'd say, if its about your nations steady sensible development ("i haven't any iron, I need to seize that city) its fine, if its about knocking them out/ eliminating them from being a real threat in the future, its not, in that early stage.

Comment

• I don't want to make hard and fast rules, but we should at least get some basic guidelines figured out.

So, we have 1000AD and the floodgates of aggression open. What is constraining aggression prior to this?

Regarding resource needs: for the early-mid game it won't be a huge problem, and the places it will be contestable will be in border regions, so this won't be a legit causus belli. Everyone has what resources they need in their "core" areas. Also, this isn't DoE Europe where people are going to have capitals 3 tiles away from each other, so territory contests should be consigned to the extremities of one's empire for much of the early game (meaning it shouldn't cripple anyone to fight a war over such areas).

Given how the "measured war rule" has been working out in DoE (fairly crippling wars where the rule hasn't yet been called to a vote), it probably would work in this game as well, even if the wording makes it appear as though it's going to heavily limit conflict.

Also, I know this isn't a story telling game, but I also don't think telling stories should be forbidden.

Comment

• Wasn't this supposed to be a diplo-light game, not too many rules, just gentlemans agreements....!?
                    That worked good for DoD...

Comment

• Can we get the password for our accounts as I would really like a swap.
                      http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

• Accounts are created:

When you login:
                        1. change your password
                        2. change the e-mail address (it's not working!)

Use this place to suggest civ-swappings!
                        Only suggest civ-swappings with your anon (DoF) login!!
                        Last edited by Robert; June 17, 2011, 05:21.

Comment

• Ozzy / Inca: can you please post a complete list of all changes the mod introduces?

Comment

• it's even better if you do the swap things in private (if possible)
                            So if you don't like your civ write to those civs' annon accounts which you would like to swap with (from your annon account ofc)

Btw: Are huts and barbarians on?
                            I don't mind barbarians, especially if all civs have acces to metal, not like poor Egypt in my last game. I would like to paly without goody huts tough unless the majority wants them.

Comment

• Lets hope all will bother to log in their accounts and check their messages.

Spain is accepting offers for swapping.

Comment

• Hungary reports for duty.
                                I love it to play this new Civ! If someone offers me 2 civs I may consider a swap.

What are Hungaries final UB and UU?

Comment

Working...
                                X