No announcement yet.

Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have sent you the updated player list, to be combined with the civ list Ozzy sent.
    So all players know which civ they are going to play.

Could you please combine them, so we can start the switching period??

In this list
    dot80 is replaced by Hendriks
    deity is replaced by The Priest
    Toni is replaced by mzprox

Comment

• Okay, that's fine.

I will release the list now, and I will release a general map overview in a few hours when I get home and draw one up. Hint: it will look a lot like the Mediterranean. If Ozzy would release the stats/UU/UB for the new civs, that would be nice.

PMBMaker ====== France
      Calanthian ===== Egypt
      Deztro =========Persia
      OzzyKP ======== Hungary
      DNK/Inca =======Spain
      Hendriks ======= Russia
      The Preist ====== Rome
      LzPrst ========= Bulgaria
      2metraninja ===== Carthage
      Robert ========= Greece
      mzprox ========= Ottomans
      dick76 ========= Portugal

So, the Incas get to play as the Spanish and Ozzy gets one of his own custom civs. I think this is fitting, but I might want to switch anyway.

Comment

• Doesn't this spoil the anonymity?

Maybe it is better the host to send a PM to each player informing them which civ they are assigned now and asking if they want a swap.

Then any request for swap to be managed by the host again.
        http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

• Hendriks is ready :-)

Comment

• I haven't read the whole topic,: what is this swapping about? Are we supposed to switch civs in the middle of the game?
            And yes: anonymity is important, maybe someone who is not playing could assign the civs randomly and then send them with their passwords to each players.
            I'd also favor a new apolyton account for each civ, I think it's more practical than the pyt and could help save anonymity in case we want to post here (in case of server error or something)

Comment

• Le sigh, get hassled to post the list for weeks, now getting hassled for posting the list.

k, here, send me a second list, Ozzy and Aztecs, and I'll send out individual PMs to everyone.

Comment

• We have to choose between anonymity and civ-picking/swaping. I would prefer anonymity, don't care about which civ I'm going to play.

The way I'd do it:
                edit*: found a better way to create randomized sequence:

list of players:
                1. 2metraninja
                2. Calanthian
                3. The Priest
                4. Deztro
                5. dick76
                6. DNK (Inca)
                7. Hendriks
                8. LzPrst
                9. OzzyKP
                10. PMBMaker
                11. Robert
                12. mzprox

We need someone, preferably one who is not playing to copy paste this column of civs:

Bulgaria
                Carthage
                Egypt
                France
                Greece
                Hungary
                Ottomans
                Persia
                Portugal
                Rome
                Russia
                Spain

Here:
                http://www.random.org/lists/

Press "randomize" and then assign each civ to each player in order and send them out in pm.

If someone wants to swap then He can do after we got our anonymous apolyton account-which we should have. We tried to play without it in DoD, but it was needed eventually (for reasons for example the Priest mentioned before). So once you got your civ you pick up an account (or better yet we let Robert generate them again ) and then you can try swapping-if you must, but I don't think it's really necessary.
                In any case it's better if we don't know who is who-I know I'd act differently if I knew who are my neighbours.
                Last edited by mzprox; June 16, 2011, 06:10.

Comment

• Provided we have a trusted "dealer" of the civs/players, he can randomize the two lists and send PMs to each player which civ they are assigned initially. Then if a player does not like his choice, can PM back the trusted dealer and he can offer to the other player do he want to swap his original civ with this of the other guy. Even more complicated swaps can be arranged by the dealer, who will have all the info - which player wants which civ.

Say

playerA is assigned civ1
                  playerB is assigned civ2
                  playerC is assigned civ3

then playerA wants civ3, but playerC wants civ2, then it is only a matter if playerB is willing to swap his civ2 with civ1.

And so on.

Also Robert Plomp asked few people to not take fin civs.

In any case it's better if we don't know who is who-I know I'd act differently if I knew who are my neighbours.
                  I am new to the community and dont know much for many of you, guys, but it will definitely make difference for those, who know each-other well.

Comment

• I'll do all that middlemanning for swaps, but I still want two separate players to send me lists. I know I'm trustworthy, but I think it will be best if we have more people involved, in case anyone feels the randomly created list doesn't look too random for whatever reason.

I don't really remember where most of the starts were now, so if you guys want a map of the starts, you'll have to ask Ozzy.
                    Last edited by Inca (DoE); June 16, 2011, 06:56.

Comment

• As things go here it if we wait for everyoe1s whislist it will be september (best case) before we can start . also it's not likely to find someone who would like your civ if you don't like it .

As for financial civs: I think only carthage has only financial leader (I might not remember right). so if it's important then the one who generates the list can regenerate it in case a better player would had Carthage. In other cases those mentioned players should choose the non-financial leader for their civ.

Comment

• No September, you put 2 days for sending the wishes and then 1 day for swapping. If someone does not send anything, means he is happy or at least content with his civ. Then if he sends wish, but there is no desire from the other player for swap or there is no way this swap to be arranged, then thats it.

Comment

• Why don't we use my CivPicker (tm) tool?

1. someone creates a random list of numbers 1-12, sends it to me
                          2. someone creates a random list of players, sends it to me
                          3. I'll put both lists together and post the list here

Then #1 picks his civ, followed by #2, etc. till #12 has picked his civ.
                          That's how we did it before...
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Persia is also fin.

Here is what the host said about fin civs and as I saw was generally approved:

* No financial trait for: mzprox (ig winner DoC & DoD), The Priest (winner BtP), Toni (winner HOTW8), OzzyKP (winner HOTW5, HOTW7), Robert Plomp (ds winner DoC), deity (first loser in many games) and everybody who feels good enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                              Why don't we use my CivPicker (tm) tool?

1. someone creates a random list of numbers 1-12, sends it to me
                              2. someone creates a random list of players, sends it to me
                              3. I'll put both lists together and post the list here

Then #1 picks his civ, followed by #2, etc. till #12 has picked his civ.
                              That's how we did it before...
                              Not bad idea, but it will spoil the anon.

Comment

• It might spoil the anon. (if Robert gets number 2 and he would choose an already taken civ then He would know who has taken that-it's a rare case ofc, I don't mind using this method, it's just not perfect).

Comment

Working...
                                X