No announcement yet.

Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I elaborated some more on this idea. I propose the following LUXURY resource spread:

Resource spread:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

if you cannot see, you can use the link:

http://img140.imageshack.us/i/resourcespread2.jpg/

The effects of this spread will be the following:

* it will be hard to get luxury resources from far away

* everyone will have one luxury resource in abundance to trade (4)

* everyone will have two other excess resources (3 and 2)

* everyone will have access to 5 luxury resources (4,3,2,1,1)

* by trading one to one this can be increased to access to 11 luxury resources
    (this will be hard to achieve as you will need to have met these civs)

* access to all 12 resources can only be achieved by other means

* furthermore it will be interesting to put some special resources on islands in the mediterranean.
    (early battle ground)

and last but not least:
    * it will make positions in the middle more interesting, as these have easier access to luxury resources in every direction..
    Last edited by Calanthian; April 1, 2011, 12:06.

Comment

• Cannot see!

Comment

• Extended setup:

One other proposal I have is to let players start with:
        2 settlers,
        2 workers,
        2 warriors,
        2 scouts
        and maybe even 1 boat.

This will make the game interesting a lot faster..

Comment

• 1. OzzyKP - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread , Abstain on Extended Setup

2. DNK - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, ? , ?

3. PMBMaker - No to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, ? , ?

4. Calanthian - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread, Yes to Extended Setup.

Last edited by OzzyKP; April 1, 2011, 12:31.

Comment

• I'm in only for a simple diplogame light game with no mods, no extra stuff, just a simple game.
            No balancing with tears, etc.

Feel free to go ahead without me. But that's all that I can handle right now.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Please add your name and vote. You do realize that the "custom resources" are just different pictures for the same resources, right? No one is suggesting mods. A small number of custom civs (2-3) is up for a vote (vote no if you don't want them) but no other changes to rules or anything.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• 1. OzzyKP - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread , Abstain on Extended Setup

4. Calanthian - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread, Yes to Extended Setup.

5. LzPrst - Abstain on all votes, I'll play regardless

Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread, No to Extended Setup.

Comment

• Different pictures is a mod, you have to load stuff to make it work.
                    This game is supposed to be a diplo game light. It's my fault that it's not started yet b/c I didn't really pay enough attention to this thread, so it's very acceptable that the light-game is hijacked by a mod game but it's not what I had in mind and like I said, I just can't handle another complex game.

1. OzzyKP - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread , Abstain on Extended Setup

6. Robert - No to Custom civs, Custom resources, ? , No to extended Setup

Comment

• There's no complexity, it's just some new pictures and names for old resources. I think I could make it 100% clientside even, as I know my custom artwork for other game aspects doesn't conflict with DoE.

Comment

• Hi peeps, I've been playing Civ4 PBEM style games for a long time and want to try my first steps in Pitboss. People like Calanthian and 2metraninja pointed me at this thread. Can I join ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Inca (DoE) View Post
                          There's no complexity, it's just some new pictures and names for old resources. I think I could make it 100% clientside even, as I know my custom artwork for other game aspects doesn't conflict with DoE.
                          in-game it's not complex, but to organize it it is.

Comment

• I can vouch for Deztro. He is a experienced, prompt and dedicated player.
                            (diplomacy is well developed, his storytelling could improve )

Comment

• The new list:

1. OzzyKP - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread , Abstain on Extended Setup

6. Robert - No to Custom civs, Custom resources, ? , No to extended Setup

7. dot80 - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread, No to Extended Setup.

8. Deztro - ?, ? , ? , ?

9. Tearend - ?, ? , ? , ?

Comment

• Well, okay, I assume there's 0 issue with me making a 100% voluntary clientside mod that I can post here? Should be ready inside of a week. Otherwise, we can all just squint sort of and pretend bananas are olives or whatever

Thanks Calanthian for the effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X