Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should the English claim they had no knowledge of our issues with them, we have placed at least 5,000 of these signs along our borders to warn them. It is their own fault that they have repeatedly crossed these clearly established lines:

Comment

Catherine goiim of the worst kind,

וְאַתָּה אָמַרְתָּ בִלְבָבְךָ הַשָּׁמַיִם אֶעֱלֶה מִמַּעַל לְכֹוכְבֵי־אֵל אָרִים כִּסְאִי וְאֵשֵׁב בְּהַר־מֹועֵד בְּיַרְכְּתֵי צָפֹון׃
      אֶעֱלֶה עַל־בָּמֳתֵי עָב אֶדַּמֶּה לְעֶלְיֹון׃
      אַךְ אֶל־שְׁאֹול תּוּרָד אֶל־יַרְכְּתֵי־בֹור׃

She-owl will be your desiny if you continue to blaspheme the Most High!
      You will end up in the bowr if you will not leave this path you have chosen!

Why do you think that you can ask us this utter most disrespective question that goes against all we are and all we believe? Why do you think that we would sell our blood to the devil in exchange for money?
      Your proposal almost equals the Ottoman shoah on Yerushalem!

No, we will not give you money for spreading the religion of the blasphemers. Israel will despite originating this worst religion of all kinds, always fight this word from Paul and his deceivers about this Yeshuah ben Josef. He was a normal man and he was killed outside the city formerly known as Yerushalem by the Turks. All stories about his ressurection are lies.

And we do not want your money.
      Please leave us alone and let us worship G'd. Don't bother us with the ways of the sons of Edom.

Judge Gideon

Comment

English go home, this is our land. English go home, we own these jungles. English go home, we own these rivers. English go home, we own this land.

Inca warriors take to the jungles, to fight the English! They will not let English pass. The English cannot see Inca, cannot fight Inca. They die by our arrows shot from dark recesses. They fall to hidden hawk like blind mice. They will not pass the Great River Tamazono, we will keep them out!

Comment

Sozen sat at the head of his table with his commanders.

Sozen: Who’s army is better trained?
          Takeda Commander: Takeda!
          Sozen: Who has a larger army?
          Takeda Commander: Takeda!
          Sozen: Who has right one there side?
          Takeda Commande: Takeda!

Sozen was pleased with the answers and ordered his army to moved into the Mongolian borders and prepare to bring honor to there clan.

Comment

The man looked across the great crowd of people around the Kaaba. All eyes were set upon him all voices silent. "Allah has spoken to me from the heavens. He has told me to build a grand mosque where all our brothers can come to pray to the holy Kaaba. His will is that Muslims all over the world make a pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in their lives.

Also he wishes for the continued expansions of Islam. We must bring people from every settlement around the world into his light. It is now our religious duty to bring our religion to the world.

Three years later...

"It is done, may Allah be pleased with this grand mosque!"
            Attached Files

Comment

Inca amazed by Arab construction technologies and abilities!

Comment

The Vikings have come out from hiding, we are ready to embrace our destiny.

Comment

We welcome all foreign nations to send their representatives to our lands.

Comment

We do salute the great Arab achievement!

(Sorry need the short posts to make my pm work)

Comment

Sisters Talk

The sun was setting over the channel as the two sisters enjoyed a peaceful, evening ride.

"So, what's wrong, Gen?" asked the younger sister.

"I'm bored, Anne-Marie. Bored to tears!" replied Genevieve.

Anne-Marie let out a howl of laughter that made her horse whinny.

"You are the Queen of France, one of the most powerful nations in the world, and you're 'bored'?"

"You try being Queen. It's not a lot of fun. I go to meetings, I meet with officials, I oversee public functions, I review troops, I approve plans and recommendations, and most of those are about road construction for God's sake. At least mother had diplomatic intrigue and war to keep her life interesting."

"Then why don't you start a war? I know the army continues to grow, and those new heavy cavalry units I have heard about sound, well, heavy."

"And who exactly do we go to war with? The Damnanglais?"

The two sisters leaned in unison and spit on the beach. They looked at each other and laughed.

"Well," said Anne-Marie, "There is the ancient legend that prophesized the Norman Invasion. You could make it a reality."

"To start with, 1066 is still a long ways away, and besides, there is no King William the Conqueror."

"Looks like all the male heirs from this day on need to be named William. Tell our brother Phillipe. His wife is expecting."

"Oh, really. Thanks for letting me know. He never tells me anything. And I am both his older sister and the Queen."

"That's probably why." Anne-Marie chuckled. "Well then, what about Africa? There are the Turks, the Israelis, and the silent Mali. Any one of those would make for a good war."

Genevieve turned serious for a moment. "Speaking of the Turks, I just received news this morning that they built a city in the heart of The Sahara Desert and right on the trans-Saharan road that we had been building. And they didn't even contact us about it."

Anne-Marie pondered it for a bit. "Sounds like the Turks to me. We build the road and they use it to build the city. It seems like everything they have in North Africa was given to them, either by the Damnanglais or by Neandor. Yes, that would make for a good war."

Genevieve smiled at her sister. She adored her spirit and incorrigible nature, and she envied her freedom. They rode in silence for awhile, the waves gently lapping on the shore, the horses content with their walking pace.

Then Anne-Marie piped up.. "I know. I know. You need a man! That's it! Someone to take your mind of this boring royalty stuff. Look at you Gen. You make men's knees go weak. Why haven't you found anyone yet? And you're not getting younger you know."

"I know. But the weak knees seems to be the issue. If men are not cowered by my being the Queen, they seem to think me untouchable because of my looks. I sometimes wish I was plainer looking. Truly, I do."

"Oh good grief Gen. What are you talking about. You need to let it be known that you are open to advances. I could start that rumor in the army. I have many friends in the army." And she winked at Genevieve.

"Oh, I have no doubt of that sister. No doubt of that. Speaking of which, why aren't you married? Have you not met anyone yet?"

"Well, I have been meaning to talk to you about that. Just looking for the proper time and place".

"You? The lack of a proper time and place never stopped you from talking about anything." said Genevieve, laughing at her sisters comment.

"Um. This is a bit different, my dear sister the Queen."

Genevieve noted her sister's change in tone, and started to worry. "How so?"

"I met him while I was in Neandor."

"A Venittian I hope."

"No. A Neandor."

"Really? A Neandor? A soldier no doubt."

"Well, yes and no. It is a bit complex."

Genevieve was getting exasperated. "Anne-Marie. Who is he?"

"Snarg. Snarg the Second to be more precise."

"Mon Dieu, sister. You are serious?"

"Yes."

"How did you meet him?"

"Well, to make a long story short, I was up north in Neandor with a colonel friend of mine in the Neandor army. Word was that we were going to go on a hunting expedition with the new ruler of neandor, and the Queen Of Russia, Catherine. Knowing me, you know I would not miss that for anything. Well, the day of the hunt arrived, and lo and behold, Catherine had snubbed Snarg. She didn't show."

"And I am presuming the hunt went on." prompted Genevieve.

"Oh yes, it did indeed. And that is where I met Snarg." Anne-Marie smiled coyly at her sister. "Let me tell you about him."

The two sisters rode along the beach, with Anne-Marie talking constantly. By the time they headed back to the stables, Genevieve knew much more about Snarg and his relationship with her sister.

Last edited by France (DoE); January 27, 2011, 23:17.

Comment

Catherine have found something useful in the bloodshed caused by the Russo-Mongol war. She adopted the Mongol skill of shooting from the back of a horse and while enjoying it, she became much skilled in it.

She used her skills to impress the Neandor court when they organized a deer hunting in the woods near Nordica, where she as it fits to a royal person and a lady, she was aristocratically late.

In the night, a messenger from the Boyars of St.Petersburg came and asked for an audience with the Queen.

"While you are entertaining and feasting here with the Neandors, milady, there are food riots near St.Petersburg. There are Neandor bandits, who are trying to expel our villagers working at the pig farms west of the city. For now, our peasants are holding the situation fighting with the invaders, but if soon the situation isnt in control, there may be need for the army to get involved. We cant lose our only good source of food, which is feeding the city"

"I'll talk to Snarg. I'm sure there can be found a solution to our troubles" Catherine said anxious.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hindu Unrest

The Vikings to the north had founded Hinduism many centuries before. Their influence had flowed southward into the lands of Gaul. First Lubeck, and then Paris and then cities to the south accepted the new, but strange religion. It remained a minority, Christianity still being the religion of the majority, as well as the official religion of France.

But Hindiusm, as with Islam and Taosim were more than tolerated, they were celebrated as a further indication of the plurality that was France. Unfortunately, it also became a religion of the poorest in the country. And that led to protests for greater equality.

The new religion had darker side: a hard core sect that would not tolerate other religions, let alone Christian rule.

There have already been several attacks on Christian temples. Word on the streets is that the Hindu followers will take to the streets in the upcoming days.

Comment

A Short History of the Inca, Chapter 7: The Englishman Cometh

Incaco was never a land of peace, but tranquility at least was a regular feature. Great wars had pushed and pulled the peoples of the continent through the jungles of Tamazono for millennia, as had the simpler pressures of population, famine, drought, and disease. Small kingdoms formed, grew up, broke up, and were conquered throughout the lands the Inca called the “Dark Territories”. At times, great invasions were mounted against the Inca, who for thousands of years were the undoubtedly greatest power on the continent, unrivaled in military might, centralization, infrastructure, culture, or technology.

While the “natives” of the lands east of the Chupat Mountains struggled for subsistence in the thick jungles and along the fertile and unsettled plains of the coasts, the Inca built up a great empire.Their road system was unrivaled, spanning over 5,000 patchas of some of the most difficult terrain on the planet, both mountainous and covered in insufferable rain forest, constantly deluged by rain and racked by earthquakes. They were at a perpetual disadvantage compared with their other “Western” (yet barely known) neighbors.

Their neighbors knew little of the constant barbarian raids and mostly were strangers to the jungles. No, the many years of lost production and effort by unending raids and pillaging did not thwart the Americans or Aztec.
                            While the Inca struggled against disease, humidity, “natives”, and misery that choked their growth at every turn and halted their borders’ advance, their neighbors expanded easily into their warm, placid, continental plains and gently sloping hills, grew fat on bountiful harvests, and their populations grew continuously with many trading partners and few sicknesses.
                            While the Inca had to fight tooth and nail to build a farm against the impenetrable vines, snakes, and mud, to be paid in nothing but sweat for their labors, their neighbors farmed at will, easily, among the prairie grasses and simple forests of the north, which repaid them kindly with plentiful wood and production for their minimal efforts.

Despite this, the Inca still managed to keep up with, and even surpass, their northern neighbors throughout the ancient and classical periods, even with a much smaller population. But a change so drastic that it would forever alter both continents approached at this time, one that would forever cripple the Inca and send shock waves throughout the entire world geopolitical system.
                            It came slowly, unannounced, insidiously, carried on the winds and currents of an ocean barely known to the Inca. It came with diseases, technologies, and cultures of an alien land. And in short order, it established itself on this new world, on a continent it did not even know was already claimed by another, so lost were the Inca in the western forests and mountains of Incaco.

At first, only the natives of the milder coastal climates knew of the English. These people, simple and backwards even compared to the Inca, were highly alarmed by this advanced new power exerting itself in their small kingdoms and scattered villages.
                            The English at first were wary of the new lands, lost and confused in the impossible heat and humidity of this new continent. At least there was the perpetual rain and grayness to make them feel at home. Yet, the local food was spicy, full of flavor and actually edible. This concept of “enjoyable food” put many English explorers into shock, so foreign was it. The heat, yes, the mosquitoes, yes, the alligators and piranhas, yes, these all also put them into mild shock, but the idea that food should be anything other than penance for their many sins was the greatest shock of all. Yet, in time the English would assimilate some Incaco foods into their national dishes. The potato was slotted to have a great impact, adding some small bit of flavor into otherwise disgusting fish dishes, and the tomato was used quite ingeniously to add even more flavor to the potatoes through a sort of sauce.

As the English came to understand the continent better, they settled down, with much help from the locals. At first, the relationship was one of mutual help and benefit: the English shared unique and advanced trinkets with the local coastal peoples, and in turn the locals showed them the ways of this world.
                            But in time, as more and more English arrived from their crowded little island empire, friends turned sour. In the end, the English had nothing to do but burn and expand. Still, it was many generations before the Inca came into contact with these new neighbors, the great Tamazono basin keeping the two well apart. Soon, though, both sides realized that a confrontation was inevitable…

Quickly after this meeting, though, the Inca pushed forward and met their new neighbors. Their neighbors demanded everything from the Inca, and gave no heed to Inca claims of land and respect. They put claim to the entire continent of Incaco, save some “reserved areas” for the quaint and “backwards” Inca Empire. The Inca, however, would have none of this, and were quick to remind these newcomers whose continent it was they had landed on, and repaid disrespect and arrogance with the same.

The War of Resistance begun. It was not the outright war the English deserved, as the Inca were indeed backwards and weakened by countless generations of barbarian raids and losses, but it was still a fight of great importance.

The Inca threw what comparable armies they had into the river systems of Tamazono, making sure any Englishman fool enough to cross the two great rivers that demarcated Tamazono from the Coastlands would meet an untimely end. They defended their great cities on the east of the Chupat Mountains, and they set about pushing out their boundaries in the face of English aggression and superior military might.

The Inca rested heavily on their Guacana armies in the Tamazono to fight off English advances. The English were fairly wise and never really pushed into the occupied Inca territories with force,
                            but small expeditions, hunting parties, and treasure hunters regularly met their ends in the hands of Inca warriors. Lost in the complicated river systems and mountainous terrain of the Tamazono, the heavily armored and archery-based troops of the English army fared poorly in the typical close-quarters melee combat and engulfing mud of the forests.
                            They fought the Inca, but in reality they fought the jungle itself. The Inca, having lived in its embrace since the very beginning, were immovable from their well-defended jungle positions, and perpetually held the elements of stealth and surprise compared to the English,
                            who could only move with large boats and bright fires to guide them, lost to the meanderings of whatever river they found themselves on, charting a green maze of unimaginable hardship. In time, the English succeeding in plotting the many courses of the many rivers, new highways in the English new world, but at a great cost.

It did not take long for the English to realize that some peace must be made with the Inca,
                            and that more Inca claims were de facto valid than the English would have liked. The jungles were not a place for Englishmen, and they decided to mostly keep out of this cruel new world that for them meant only sickness and certain death. The Inca were successful, it seems, in repelling the initial English advance, and managed to hold on to their ancient birthright of the Tamazono and southern plains. But the relationship with their European “friends” would remain tense and ever-ready to explode into violence. It would take time for formal peace to be declared, but the English surely saw the writing on the wall, even if it was fairly indecipherable Incachi.

Last edited by Inca (DoE); January 30, 2011, 00:48.

Comment

With the Inca increasing in importance on the global scene, a lone Inca scholar dedicated himself to explaining the workings of Inca society and politics to a curious outside world. The following are excerpts from his writings.

Head of Huayna Family = Talchu Capac Huayna

The Huayna family is heavily entrenched in Capaco politics, being large landowners since the early pioneering days of the coastal settlements and governmentally-driven relocation projects. They own most of the good land in the Capaco and surrounding coastal regions. Their influence is thus very large. They have had minimal fracturing over the centuries as there has been little to drive spikes between them, their territories and corresponding upriver associations being geographically defined quite clearly. The lesser branches of the family being easily checked, the fact that the Capaco center of the family has an obviously high level of importance keeps any extreme fragmentary aspects in check. The family has a tendency of quickly retiring boat-rockers, and it is extremely interested in upholding the status quo and privliges of the landed.

Head of Manco Family = Talchu Capac Manco

The Manco family is a lesser family drawn from the Mancha ranks within the Capaco region. The family originally grew prosperous in the gold mines of the hilllands, but relocated into the power center in Capaco, allowing other families and power groups to ascend the Mancho gold-mining ladders. Their current influence and wealth are drawn not from gold extraction in the hills but its crafting and sale in the major coastal centers of Capaco, Mancho, and Talcho. They have limited influence in Gaucana territory due to cultural differences (and the local predilection for silver), and in the SE regions due to a lack of demand in those poor provinces. Their influence is generally wielded in politics for the sake of attaining high office in the various branches of government, although their primary stake is in that of money and diplomacy, being a trade and commerce based family with a strong interest in its expansion.

Head of Matalin Family = Talchu Capac Matalin

The Matalin family is a newer family, and its power base is in the Talcho region. The original [burgers] of the Talcho region were wiped out near the end of the Migration Wars period when Talcho was sacked and looted by barbarians, who quickly located and executed those of high rank in Talcha society. The Matalin family rose from the ashes and into the vacuum, rebuilding its once-famous city of Matalin into an economic center in the modern Talcho region. The Matalin have historically taken issue primarily with the Manco, due to that family's presence in Talcho as well, the Manco being "local foreigners" of Mancha/Capaca culture. The Matalin have within the past two generations strongly consolidated their hold on Talcho politics and society since the creation of the iron mines to the NE. All iron must go through the city of Matalin and Talcho, and using this extreme leverage, the Matalin have enjoyed a huge lift in their status and power locally, and even now are known throughout the Empire as important players. As Talcho continues to expand and grow in economic and strategic importance, the Matalin are set to see their fortunes grow even more wildly. Talk of construction of a geopolitically important canal through the Pan Isthmus (within Hazco Talcho) may make the Talcho equals to the Huayna some day.

Head of Guacan Family = Talchu Capac Guacan

The Guacan family is really a somewhat loose assortment of Guacana families who preexisted the Capaca-Mancha invasion of their territory. In return for peaceful coexistence and support in the early generations of Inca settlement in the Dark Territories, the Gaucan were given considerable advantages, with heditary privileges attached, that have allowed them to stay on top of all territory east of the Chupat, including more recent expansions into the Tamazono (where those local families have been mostly oppressed and subjugated by both Guacan and English). Since L'Chulla, their base and home, is fairly remote from the western, coastal part of the Empire, the Gaucan have had relatively little interference from the other, preexisting established families. The Guacan, being a more fractuous and dynamic group, being relatively outside the old power structures of the coast, removed from the centralized capital of the Empire, and having built up a mini-empire based not on resource extraction and food production (save bananas) but rather commerce, have found themselves to be a liberalizing force in the Empire not only in terms of politics but also in terms of trade and business. The Guacan "family", despite being built upon hereditary privilege, has tended to be fairly loose with the rules granted to it by the central government, and has tended towards a more egalitarian and merit-based society within the "Dark" territories.

More to follow...

Comment

Lubeck

It happened all to quickly. Queen Genevieve was on the outside steps leading to the Mayor's office. They had just met to discuss the rising religious unrest, Lubeck being particularly susceptible as it was one of the first French cities to embrace Hinduism. A large group of demonstrators had gathered, but for the most part it was peaceful. The soldiers had not drawn their swords, and were safely between the crowd and their queen.

And then in an instant, a you man raced between two soldiers, covered the distance to Queen Genevieve in several quick strides, and with a scream he plunged a knife into Genevieve's neck.

As she fell to the pavement, bleeding profusely, all Genevieve could think of was that she had no children.

And then the blackness closed in .....

Comment

Working...
                                X