No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Civ5. It has flaws, but it still gives me that "just one more turn" feel. My old computer ran it kind of slow (civ4 can be slow too) so now that it is fried I am looking forward to seeing things move quicker on my new rig (when it arrives). I think it is worth getting, just don't go into it thinking "omg, computer gaming is going to change forever" and you'll like it just fine.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Language Point Update - T231
      NEANDOR
      Before
      Capacas: 3 pts
      Manchas: 0 pts
      Talchas: 0 pts
      Gaucanas: 0 pts

Now
      Capacas: 13 pts
      Manchas: 0 pts
      Talchas: 0 pts
      Gaucanas: 0 pts

The Numbers:
      30 sentence communication / 3 * 1pt = 10pts
      Language: Capacas

Capabilities:

Capacas:
      2-letter words
      Simple tenses
      *Broken language*

ENGLISH
      Before
      Capacas: 18 pts
      Manchas: 13 pts

Now
      Capacas: 128 pts
      Manchas: 171 pts
      Gaucanas: 76 pts

The Numbers:
      3 adjacent tiles x 16 turns x 1 pt/T = 48pts
      Manchas

5 adjacent tiles x 11 turns * 1pt/T = 55pts
      Guacanas

~100 sentences comms / 3 * 1pt = 33pts
      Capacas/Manchas

Envoy in Inca city for 28T * 2pt/T = 56pts
      Capacas/Manchas

Open borders for 21T * 1pt/T = 21pts
      Capacas/Manchas/Guacanas

CAPACAS TOTAL: +110pts
      MANCHAS TOTAL: +158pts
      GUACANAS TOTAL: +76pts

Capabilities:

Capacas:
      5-letter words
      simple, continuous tenses
      *Intermediate language*

Manchas:
      6-letter words
      simple, continuous tenses
      *Intermediate language*

Guacanas:
      4-letter words
      simple tenses
      *Basic language*

AZTECS
      Now:
      Capacas: 3pts
      Talchas: 131pts

The Numbers:
      Adjacent tiles 3x * 41T * 1pt/T = 123pts
      Adjacent tiles 2x * 3T * 1pt/T = 6pts
      Talchas

Open borders * 3T * 1pt/T = 3pts
      Talchas/Capacas

TALCHAS TOTAL = +131pts
      CAPACAS TOTAL = +3pts

Capabilities:
      Talchas:
      5-letter words
      simple tenses, continuous tenses
      *Basic language*

Capacas:
      1-letter words
      simple tenses
      *Broken language*

Comment

• Japan is officially at war with Mongolia not too sure which order i'm in though.

Comment

• 1. Japan
          2. Mongolia
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I did my best to get into CiV and just couldn't. I may try again but for now CivIV is just too good to beat!

Comment

• Oh, yes, Inca at war with England. Not sure who went first.

Comment

• Will we get December's correct vote tally before January voting begins?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• If I'm capable: yes

I'm sorry for slacking a huge bit...

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                    I like Civ5. It has flaws, but it still gives me that "just one more turn" feel. My old computer ran it kind of slow (civ4 can be slow too) so now that it is fried I am looking forward to seeing things move quicker on my new rig (when it arrives). I think it is worth getting, just don't go into it thinking "omg, computer gaming is going to change forever" and you'll like it just fine.
                    I agree, I get that one more turn feeling but that's the problem!! I hate SP and haven't got the time to play with myself. I hate the simplified micro management - no surprise there I guess BUT it is still enjoyable. I hadn't played it for months but had a go yesterday and it was cool - being Australia Day and a public holiday but i'd be scared to fire it up on other days as I'd get nothing done! AND I'M semi-retired!!!!

The Civ4 MP diplos keep me busy enough and are more enjoyable.
                    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• To RP, officially from the French .... (although to be honest, I am not sure why it was suggested. But a good trout slap never hurt anyone, so there you go.)

As to civ5, sorry, I do not get that one more turn feeling. I also hate one unit per tile. So much for combined arms. And a regiment now has frontage of 120 kilometres (my guess). Trying to paste tactical style warfare onto a strategic map was just dumb, IMHO. I would have preferred something like 'Total War'. And no pitboss or pbem capability ....

Comment

• I really like the one unit per tile. Far more strategic and interesting than giant stacks of doom.

Comment

• 3-5 UPT would have been best. 1UPT is one of the main reasons I didn't get the game aside from hardware limitations. It looked like a nightmare, especially with all units, military or otherwise, being treated equally. Being unable to stack workers is miserable.

No PBEM or PB? Not getting it then for sure.

Comment

• Pitboss and PBEM will be released later in a free patch.
                            I agree with Ozzy that 1UPT is great for strategical reasons. Unfortunately it generates problems when one has to 'store' his armies. In fact I liked the civ1 approach, if 1 unit dies, all units in that tile die.
                            Just stack your armies, but when in war: don't be crazy!!

I do not have the OMT feeling b/c usually there's not much to look forward to.
                            That's IMHO the worst thing about about civ5, nothing really stands out. There's nothing that makes me say "yeah, I achieved that". (well, not as much as in earlier civ-games).
                            To start with: tile improvements deliver close to nothing. It's not special to build a tile improvement, especially not on bonus resources. The cool thing of the early civ4 phase is getting cool tile bonus resources, plan your cities around them. In civ5 a normal tile doesn't offer much less (or nothing less at all) compared to a bonus resource.

Comment

• Originally posted by France (DoE) View Post
                              To RP, officially from the French .... (although to be honest, I am not sure why it was suggested. But a good trout slap never hurt anyone, so there you go.)
                              Merde! You are French, yet you do not know about Unhygienix and his fish-slapping ways? It is the very foundation of your nation. Let me enlighten you:

Unhygienix on wikipedia
                              So I go, and do what I can ~ Dwight 'Diplo' Eisenhower

Comment

• The real new results of last months voting!

Results Month 01
                                Results Month 02

Comment

Working...
                                X