No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OOS errors went away and everything seems fine again.

Comment

• I am making a protest about this game and am resigning.

I am incredulous at the poor form, lack of sportsmanship and down right (well I want say it) ... and such an unfun game for me because of manipulation of the board (which is not Diplomacy).

I will not be logging in to the threads any more. Pls do not do a cold turkey time, I will NEVER come back.

I'm amazed I have held patience this long.
      The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

• Farewell, personally I will miss you.

But dont lie to yourself - those who can ruin the game are those who quit when losing or just when the things are not going their way.

We played ABSOLUTELY right - no rule we broke and yet you threaten to quit over the loss of 15 units. Those were not even YOUR units. Then you go and talk about alliances and abusing game mechanics...

Learn the game or learn to lose. Shame on you for being such a decent player till now and now ragequitting.

Comment

• So, it seems we are missing a player for a nation at war, so I took a save from the game and I propose the host to pause it till a new player is found. I was unable to pause it myself, as I lost connectivity.

Comment

• To get everyone up to speed. What is going on, is Turkey just sank all of Axis Destroyers. Neandor first tried to argue that Turkey Doublemoved, but then realized that the argument had no merit, so now Neandor is quitting in despair.

For the record, I DID NOT doublemove anyone although I was accused of doing so. 2 turns ago, I was not able to finish my turn (rushing off to work) so I had to log in at the end of the turn (with about 30 mins left) and finish my turn. No one but me was logged in at the time. (Something I did consider, was that could have been considered a Doublemove against the Aztecs, IF the Aztecs had logged in at all and then I logged in after them. However, the Aztecs did not even log in that turn and have not done so in a while, so that's a non-issue).

Since I was already logged in with such small time left on the clock, I just stayed logged in and let the turn roll, so I was already logged in first when last turn began. Then Axis players began logging in and out, and the game went Out of Sync. Then I finished my turn and logged out, after which, Neandor and Vikings logged in and finished their turns.

So then, this turn, I logged in First and sank the Viking fleet [IC] I was really just liberating Freedom City from Vikings, but the fleet got sunk as a side effect[/IC]. However, Neandor logged in right after me, saw that I had sunk the fleet, and started complaining that I had DMed the Vikings, which was obviously false, then he began blaming the OOS errors which were also irrelevant, because I was already logged in before all of them. When I explained this to him, he went into full Tilt (Poker term ) despair, and Quit.

So thats where we are now. I think the game is paused for a ruling or Cold Turkey or Whatever.

Also, if Neandor is quitting outright, and his allies are similarly in despair, then maybe we should just call the game for Russia and move on to a new one. I am wanting to play on, but if everyone is quitting then hey, whatevers
            Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

• They are not all of the Axis destroyers, but still - almost the half of them.

Comment

• Ottomans are the master of abusing game mechanics, a costly lesson for the Axis. (I don't know what happened exactly, My guess is that Freedom city did not even had a one tile culture border around it thats why this could had happened.)
                Also a costly lesson for some players how diplogames are not working too well, costly in a way that it may cost the game itself. I wanted to keep up the morale and would had liked to play on, but with half of the players are missing or don't care I think it is best if I say goodbye too..
                I'm very sorry as the game was not even yet decided, but if so many players can't have any fun from it then how can we continue?

Comment

• Nothing I did can be considered " abuse of game mechanics." I made a perfectly legal move, by any standard you can name.

Comment

• I think when a single Rambo destroys 30-40 units that is abuse of game mechanics. Maybe it's ok in a Hollywood movie, but not realistic. It's an abuse even if it's perfectly legal. I don't blame you for doing it, I can blame civ that it allows it, but I don't do that either because civ4 is still the best strategy game I played.

Comment

• I've server sided paused the game.
                      The German player tried to explain why he thinks that game mechanics were abused, but I unfortunately didn't understand him. I think it had something to do with defence pacts and automatic war declarations. He says that units of both Germany and Turkey are on the same tile right now as a result of these game problems.

Let's just see how we can solve this.
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I'm very sorry as the game was not even yet decided
                        Exactly!

I know to many of you I look blacker than the Devil himself, but come on, guys! Havent you heard that the night is darkest just before dawn? And in the morning most of the times you laugh at your own night fears? How you are gonna find out what tomorrow brings if you quit?

I want some clear formulated accusations if anyone have any. Say: You and you did this and this, you mistreated this and this, you cheated here and here, you broke this and this rule, you acted bad or insulted or whatever so those accused can defend themselves and their actions. Just quitting a game, which is played by so many players and for so much time till now is not a mature behavior. OK, you have issues with the moral of someone - but say this... Falling for the very same trick twice in a row for less than 2 weeks - just no one else you can blame... Not to mention to treat quitting and ruining the game.

Comment

• I will explain what happened.

Neandor gifts Berlin to Vikings, but only the city - not a single unit - the units are there, but they are Neandors.
                          France sails there their wooden fleet and gift it to Vikings.
                          Vikings upgrade the wooden ships to Destroyers.
                          They lose all movements from being upgraded and stay in the port of Berlin.
                          Instead of gifting few units to the Vikings, Neandor decides to just sign Defensive Pact with Vikings, counting on the automatic declaration of war to prevent anyone from capturing the city. To me this sounds more like abusing the game mechanics. If you want to make war with someone, you declare war at him, right?
                          England declares war at the Vikings, the game automatically makes Neandor declares war to England too, so the Defensive pacts is already triggered - its purpose is done and it is no longer active.
                          Ottomans declares war at Vikings and marches in Berlin, as there are NO Viking land soldiers to stop them. The Viking destroyers are destroyed.

Now England is at war with Neandor and Vikings

and

Ottomans are at war with Vikings.

Simple as that.

Where is the abusing?

Veneta is mad at us and at first accused England of double-moving, then after I said England skipped the ENTIRE last turn just to avoid being accused of double-moving, then he started accusing Ottomans of double-moving, then accused us of using Out-of-sink errors to our advantage... WTF...

This was well planned and brilliant executed operation. Come on! you lost 15 units, its not the end of the world, learn, move on...

Comment

• No one can blame any "abuse of game mechanics" for them quitting. Neandor is quitting because they made a clever plan to do a city swap with Vikings to create a Naval upgrade base for Axis in the Mediterranean. However the plan didn't work because it was executed in a flawed way. The flaws in the execution allowed the Axis Navy to get sunk, just as the flaws in the execution in the Oil grab at Tlaxcala caused the Axis Navy to get sunk.

Axis twice came up with clever plans to outmanuver and outsmart the Allies, but twice their plans were foiled. Neandor player is heartbroken over this, and his frustration at not being able to outsmart us has got the best of his emotions. That is why he is quitting... period. All the rest is nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arabia2 (doe) View Post
                              I think when a single Rambo destroys 30-40 units...
                              Haha good one! I think you just named one of my units I like that one Arabia... nicely done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arabia2 (doe) View Post
                                I think when a single Rambo destroys 30-40 units that is abuse of game mechanics. Maybe it's ok in a Hollywood movie, but not realistic. It's an abuse even if it's perfectly legal. I don't blame you for doing it, I can blame civ that it allows it, but I don't do that either because civ4 is still the best strategy game I played.
                                Oh, come ooonn!!! This is absolutely realistic, even in the historical sense - how many times fleets are caught in the port and destroyed by land units? Is there a need I to look up Google for examples or you all can do it on yourself?

Comment

Working...
                                X