No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I was away for 4 days thus missed aprox 12 turns. When I logged in I saw the settlement (which would NOT have been able to settle had I been playing). When I logged in there was only like 19 min left on the clock so I just waited till the next turn rolled. At first I was going to fortify in the square, but against odds I attacked at a 42% chance and won. Pretty much had to take the chance then and there because of my real life schedual and the turn timer. Next login for me would be 2-3 turns later.

I will respect the rules, dispite the huge disadvantage this 8 hour timers creates when one cannot log in. Didn't think it would be big enough a problem this early in the game that it warented a sub.

I need to think about a few things and do a few real life things right now. Please leave the game paused for 3 more hours. I will play my turn and unpause it at that time if that is alright.

Comment

• Right now the game is not online as PYT says. And it was not online few hours ago when I tried to connect, disbelieving PYT.

Comment

• Thanks for your response, Arabia.

The game is now up (used autosave of Russia: Russia has to replay his last turn therefore!)
        If someone can pause the game, please do it. I'm heading off to my bed now.

There's 40 minutes on the timer. The turn is not supposed to pass without Arabia playing!
        Arabia: I'll extend the turn timer to 14 hours, is that ok for now?
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I'll pause it now for Arabia to unpause when comes online. Lets hope Arabia dont have diplo window open

Comment

• Thanks for understanding, Arabia.
            I do understand where you come from. But even if you would have been there, I would have been able to build my city. I have carefully done it in such a way that your archer couldn't spoil the party (unless it would win at 20% odds)

Pausing the game will not help because I have sent an offer of peace to Arabia.
            Arabia will not be able to unpause because of my diplo pop-up. It can only work if someone else unpauses it in a couple of hours.

Arabia: I have sent you a Private Message here at Apolyton with an offer to you.
            Please read it and respond to it!

Comment

• Russia: like I said; Arabia has a diplo window from me. Can you unpause again in 2,5 hours?
              If anybody can unpause in 2,5 hours it should be ok.

Comment

• It is again our - Catherine the Great's duty to heal the world. Eh, we as every beautiful woman do desire world peace, and we will try to help him. My loyal Slavs although simple by heart, are vulpine clever for the things in-life (or in-game) and taught us a small wile to deal with such diplomacy-screen-struck-paused cases.

When you know/expect to be stuck in a diplo-screen, start to hit PAUSE/BREAK button like mad when the game connects to the pitboss - after "Downloading data" or whatever says prior to "Setting blah blah blah" - just before the game to begins. If you hit hard enough and have good luck, it will unpause the game. If it doesnt work from the first time, rinse and repeat.

We go to bed now, as we must take care for our royal beauty.

Good night and good luck, swarthy stuck stranger.

Comment

• Thanks for understanding, Arabia.
                  I do understand where you come from. But even if you would have been there, I would have been able to build my city. I have carefully done it in such a way that your archer couldn't spoil the party (unless it would win at 20% odds)
                  I beg to differ. I defeated your 25% fortified warrior IN A CITY at 42% odds. I don't think you are accounting for the fact that my archer had shock promo and drill. Your first axe was still a few squares away last turn so it wouldn't had played a part if I was in fact manning the ship these past few days.

Comment

• Can someone go in and unpause this at exactly 20:30 apolyton time?

The pause break thing isn't working and there is only 28 min left on the clock. I will be checking it every 20 min until 22 apolytime. Someone plz unpause it during this window. If not, then I request the pause remain until I am allowed to at least evaluate the situation.
                    Last edited by Arabia (DoE); October 25, 2010, 21:38.

Comment

• What time is now?

Comment

• I have unpaused the game to allow Arabia to play. I will repause it if no move made by a couple min. left.

Can we get this game moving, please? It's annoying to spend large amounts of time twiddling fingers virtually while the whichness of why is sorted.

Comment

• Game is now unpaused (by Native America)
                          I don't know what "Apolyton Time" is.....

Comment

• Neither do I come to think of it.

Comment

• Game paused for Arabia.
                              Arabia: please PM me when ready! (then I'll get a mail notification on my mobile phone)

Comment

• I don't know what to say. Since I had to move, then wait for Egypt, I missed last turn and thus any chances of using Jerusalem as a bargaining chip.

I can only log in once a day. For me to have a fair chance in a war I need a 24 window.

The game mechanics shouldn't have this much influence on the outcome of conflicts, especially when we can adjust them.

Comment

Working...
                                X