Colonization PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonization PBEM

Forgive me if this is not the appropriate spot for this, but I wasn't sure if it should go here or in the Colonization folder (which is pretty sparse). Does anyone still play Colonization (C4C) PBEM? I just picked up Civ4 Complete from Direct2Drive and am loving the remake of Col. I'm terrible at it, but would be interested in learning in a PBEM game. Thanks!

Would probably get more takers if you were able to do Pitboss. Of course then you need a server, and those seem to be hard to set up...
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

PitBoss not PBEM!

Ah okay thanks for the tip. I suppose that's because a PitBoss game might run faster if people are all on and it eliminates the hassle of sending files around?

Anyhow I did some playing and searching and was able to get PitBoss running on my linux box which is up all the time. Sooooo ..... instead of a PBEM anyone want to play a PitBoss Col game?

Comment

I don't think pitboss works with civ-col

Comment

Hmm are you sure? There's a colonization_pitboss executable in my Col directory and when I ran it I was able to connect to the game just fine. Seemed to work for me anyhow. I saw other people connecting to my test game, too.

Comment

I'd be interested in joining in just to try it out. I've never done an MP game of Colonization.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Okay, great! Like I said, I'm not very good, but I thought it would be fun to play it this way. I'll leave this up for a day or so to hopefully get one or two more interested parties and then we can go about setting it up. I suppose we should start discussing what kinds of options we want set for the game. I'm pretty open as I haven't played a ton yet.

I saw in the Civ 4 MP forums where they have threads dedicated to games, should we have the same? I also looked into civstats.com and playyourturn.com but they appear to only offer stats for Civ 4 and not Colonization, alas. I'm guessing nothing like that exists at the moment?

Thanks for playing!

Comment

Okay so I guess I'll just put up the server with default config options today/tomorrow. I'll post with a password when it's up and running. It'll be OzzyKP and I, but I'll leave the other two slots open in case anyone else here wants to join up. I'll try to get it running today, but it might have to wait until tomorrow. Looking forward to the game.

Comment

Yea I'm still in. I'm up for whatever options. We can keep this thread open to discuss game issues.

Comment

Okay, the game is afoot!

I wanted to make it an internet game because I figured that was easier for people to connect to, but for some reason I couldn't log into the game when I was at home so that won't work.

A Direct IP game it is then. It's called Hudson and you can get to it via amarriner.homelinux.net (password: apolyton).

I created one Human player and three AI players for the European nations. I took the Human one, but will not play my turn until you snag one of the AI's, Ozzy, so the game doesn't do their turns. Just respond to this thread once you've joined and I'll play my turn. Anyone else who reads this is welcome to grab the other two nations (hopefully the AI will have been nice to you ).

I left most of the settings at their defaults except I did put a turn timer at 48 hours. Might be too long, but I wanted to go more than one day. Also, by default we're all on the Explorer difficulty.

Lastly, the game should email you when it's your turn if you set your email on the "Your Settings" window. Hopefully that helps as we won't have any kind of civstats.com or playyourturn.com web trackers.

Comment

I can't connect to the game while you are logged in. I can't get past you. Please log out and I can play my turn.

Comment

Okay I logged off. That's odd, though, isn't it? Shouldn't we be able to be on at the same time and chat via the game? Should I have activated simultaneous turns? Sorry, new to these games...

Comment

Hmm, I still can't connect.

Comment

Weird! What's the error message you're getting?

Comment

No error message, it just keeps trying to connect and never gets past it.

Comment

Working...
                              X