This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pinchak View Post
    Please tell me we are not releaseing the map pre-game. This take away a very interesting aspect of gameplay.

My only point regarding the map is that there is no reason for it to be changed after civs are asigned to players.
    Agreed.

I think some people like the fun of discovering the map as they go, and even if given a choice they'd prefer not to look. But then those who do look would have an advantage over them. Of course, yes, you'll say that I know. But while people don't believe me or trust me it seems, I honestly don't remember these things. It has been less than a week since I last looked at the map, but I've already forgotten most of the changes I made. As I said before though, I'm only making small changes, virtually all of the map will be the same as the 1000 AD map.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Ok, let's then do that!
      If anybody except St Jon can send me a random list of the numbers 1-18, I'll then open picking
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I assumed that we were assigning pick order by skill within each tier, not random. We didn't vote for random.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• How true is this Map to 'Real Earth' geography?

I ask this as an accurate Japan will be a very tough Civ to develop indeed.
          “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
          - Anon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
            Ok, let's then do that!
            If anybody except St Jon can send me a random list of the numbers 1-18, I'll then open picking
            Why anyone but me?
            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
            - Anon

Comment

• Originally posted by St Jon View Post
              How true is this Map to 'Real Earth' geography?

I ask this as an accurate Japan will be a very tough Civ to develop indeed.
              In the hands of the right player Japan would do quiet well if left where it is.

Comment

• @CS I sent u random numbers if you want to use them.

Comment

• My only point regarding the map is that there is no reason for it to be changed after civs are asigned to players.
                  Please realize this isn't a trust thing. It is simply a best practice. If something absoluely cannot be done to the map pre-civpick, that is the only circumstance in which post pick map mods should be made.

Anything else is just asking for opposition.

This case seems to be one of those rare exceptions due to allowing ALL civs to be choices. Therefore, I am cool with it.

No public map release!

Comment

• @St Jon: not you because you had already sent the random player list. I place both lists together to get the civpick-order. Then I just sort them all by tier. Since you already knew the random players list, you cannot make the random numbers list, or you would give yourself the #1 position. (if you would be evil, which you of course are not)

Ok, civpicking has started again! All pick your civ! Refer to the PM I sent you a few days ago. I have improved the civpicker application, you are now forced to give a password which I can use to setup your anonymous account. Make it something that won't remind me about you!)

@Exploit: you now pick in the civpicker1.nsf instead of the civpicker2.nsf. Please adjust your URL to do that!

All good luck!

Robert

Comment

This case seems to be one of those rare exceptions due to allowing ALL civs to be choices. Therefore, I am cool with it.

No public map release!
                      uh, there are 18 pre-selected civs, divided over 4 tiers. So every tier has 4 or 5 civs you can choose from. (if you're the #1 to pick your civ)

Comment

• Black Knight, deity and The Priest: the e-mail addresses in your Apolyton profiles aren't working!

Comment

Please realize this isn't a trust thing. It is simply a best practice. If something absoluely cannot be done to the map pre-civpick, that is the only circumstance in which post pick map mods should be made.

Anything else is just asking for opposition.

I'll try to get it finished tonight. My issue is just a matter of being busy and trying to get everything done (and having to go back and change things in response to people's voting). My goal is to get everything finished before I pick my civ, so that way I'll have no idea who anyone is.

Originally posted by Pinchak View Post
                          No public map release!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                            It won't be isolated. You'll be able to reach Russia and Australia/South-East Asia
                            Yeah, but how we're going to fit into the general power struggles of the major players is very, very removed. While everyone else is jockeying and diplomacing their way into a complex world of intrigue and backstabbing and dealmaking, we're out chopping jungles and watching from the sidelines. But it's okay, I guess, since I originally thought I'd be in a 4-player PBEM anyway.

Comment

• Make sure that by the time we reach the Americas, we're shocked by this huge gigantic power we meet there
                              Or even better, sink Columbus galleon by a couple of destroyers

Comment

• Robert, are you going to send out a PM telling us our new civ pick order number?

Comment

Working...
                                X