X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey! fools, you can't leave out me!!

let me check to make sure the following:
    No stories
    No PM's or other out of game communication.
    We follow diplo's "gentleman code"
    Random or not random?

I'll want to play... Have you started? Restarting? What is happening right now?
    Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

I'll ask Ozzy to include another spot for you.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Oh my this is becoming a slaughterhouse with top players like Trev, LZ, Deity, CS, Priest, Pinchak and others like Toni

I think that this game may have the strongest roster so far in a game.

(Well Ozzy is in it but like the Map corrector)

Comment

That's one reason why we should have that mod.. come'on it's not complicated at all, (not that I ever used a mod ), but it will really make the game more 'natural'

Comment

Now that I'm quite sure we wont play with the same civs (new players could be easily identified) I tell you about my starting position:

An average civ in an average start can produce a worker in 23 turns.. at my start I could produce settlers in 17 turns

city spot gave not 1, not 2 but 3 hammers, had a game/forest tile (the only tile which gives 4 something unimproved).. And rivers, floodplans, an other marble, sheep, lots of forests etc..
            Oh and I got animal husbandry from a hut in the second turn..

So thank you stripping me from my one chance to finally not fail..(at least in the begining..)

(At least if we are restarting we could really use that mod )

Comment

I agree that we should try the mod, Trev, if it causes problems (I'll test it here first, I have 3 computers to test it with) I won't launch it with the mod!

@All: I've also asked Ozzy to disable vassal states. We don't use it effectively anyway, and it only increases the colony maintenance costs.

Comment

Robert i do not mind the Mod it may save us much. Still around 10 players to install the mod may cause what not tech problems and delay the game start.

Comment

The mod itself is 50 kbyte. The only thing I'm unsure whether we have to load it everytime, but many pitboss games use this mod already so I don't think it's complicated.

Comment

Check this out:

Here's the full list of what is included in this NoScoreV2 mod. (Bold indicates a change from Niklas' original NoScore mod).
                    Set all scores to 1. (Receive +1 for researching all techs)
                    Removes the global demographics screen.
                    Removes all 5 barbarian uprising events (Huns, Vandals, Goths, Philistenes, Vedic Aryans).
                    Restricts list of techs popped from goody huts to first 2 columnns of the tech tree, minus the 2 religion techs (list of possible techs below).
                    Customized deity level - AI bonuses are the same as for human players.
                    Max research boost for 'known civs with tech' is increased from 30% to 100%.
                    Fishing
                    The Wheel
                    Agriculture
                    Hunting
                    Mysticism
                    Mining
                    Sailing
                    Pottery
                    Animal Husbandry
                    Archery
                    Masonry

Usual installation instructions.
                    Download the attached .zip file and extract the contents to your \Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods directory.
                    When you're done you should see a NoScoreV2 folder in your Mods directory, and be able to load the NoScoreV2 mod from the Civ main menu.
                    Note: if you see an Extract_contents_to_Mods_folder__NoScoreV2 mod listed in the menu instead, you need to move the NoScoreV2 folder out of that directory into your main Mods directory).

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpo...2&postcount=35
                    So no score, no main demographic screen (you wont know if you have the strongest military without having spy info on everyone etc)

"Max research boost for 'known civs with tech' is increased from 30% to 100%"

about this line: we get research bonus if we are researching a tech known by a civ we had met. This increase the bonus (100% means that if you had met all the players and all knows the tech you are researching you get +100% bonus) This helps the less advanced civs close the gap.
                    Good find! We've wanted something like that for ages!
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Is the game up? I won't be able to play the first turn until late today, maybe early tomorrow. (on vacation)

Comment

• Lz we are restarting the game, Ozzy is making sure the map is right with livable starting positions for all civs.

Comment

• ah, then I have understood the 4 pages of post correctly. Any idea when he will be finished?

Comment

• @lzprst: no worries, it's not up yet.

All, this mod is not easy, follow these steps and it'll work easy.
                            (these steps only have to be followed once)

1. Download http://plomp.eu/noscore/NoScoreV2.zip
                            2. Extract the content into \Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\
                            3. Your mod folder should not look something like this:

4. Go your desktop, right mouse click it and select "new - shortcut"

5. select "Browse" and in the pop-up that follows select the Civ4BeyondSword.exe file in your \Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\ folder

press "OK"
                            Don't pess "NEXT" yet!

6. Add " mod=\NoScoreV2" to the end of the line, and press next

7. In the next screen give a name to this shortcut, ie. "BtS NoScore", and press "finish"

8. Now you have a new ShortCut on you desktop, titled "BtS NoScore"
                            Everytime you want to play your turn for this game, start Civ using this shortcut.
                            After that just join the game as usual.

Easy, isn't it

Feel free to test it at:
                            server/ip: plomp.eu:2065
                            password:
                            pick India (or any other unclaimed): password:

if the mod loads for you it works. (this is only a test setup)

Last edited by Robert; March 31, 2010, 10:03.

Comment

• Still time for another late comer? I had thought about taking a break with diplogames, but this is something I could definitely manage. I know I have no shot at winning with all these vets, but the lack of story posts makes it very appealing to someone who doesn't care to participate in a bloodfest

Comment

• I've asked Ozzy to add you in as well!

Comment

Working...
                                X