Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor has it that the end of the world is coming. Are you prepared? Stop by Uncle K'Bob's Machine Gun Factory and Warehouse. We've got everything you need to fend off the crazies that might be knocking on your doorstep.

Testament from Empress Shakti
    "We were given an opportunity to use some of these fine machine guns in our recent wars with England and Korea. I must say they are definitely worth the price. I would even say that they are too good. After inspecting our shipment, we sent them back because they gave us too much of an advantage. That's how good these machine guns are."

Come on down and see these for yourself. We have financing available as well through the Bank of Mali. We will not be undersold! We can even file your taxes for you. Just bring in your W-2 and let us do all the work for you.

Comment

• Messenger of England,

I am pleased that you recognise the legitimacy of Byzantine's claims.

Since the Greek people have risen up against England too, I need to consider their protection too, and I recognise the great benefit for all our people of your surrender.

Therefore, I amend the terms to:

1. England signs peace with both Greece and Byzantium
      2. England recognises the legitimacy of the two cities which Greece has liberated from England
      3. England recognises the legitemacy of Byzantine control over London.
      4. England passes Chiel and Newcastle to Byzantium.
      5. Hastings being a port, little suited to the Byzantines, will be left in English control as recognition of the bloodshed saved by your surrender. (ooc I wasn't expecting you to lose cities to the Greeks as well).
      6. A mutal commitment to not build espionage networks in each other's lands.

Indicate your acceptance of these terms, and begin withdrawing your people to these new borders and we have peace.

Makarios Ethnark of the Byzantines.

ooc
      It is not possible to hand over chiel because it is you capital. So you will have to withdraw troops from it, and then I will have to capture it. I can't do that this turn - nobody has enough movement. So, if we are going for this treaty, you will have to shift your troops this turn (the railway south across the mountains is block by my marines; but since you are keeping Hastings makes sense to move them there - its where your transport fleet is anyway). Next turn I will then walk into chiel (capture it) and offer you peace in exchance for Newcastle. When you then log in for your turn, you accept the deal and its all done.

Not correct now since we have eliminated the Greek war, but I won't re-write because that just gets more complicated. But basically delete 5 and add Hastings to 4, as in the original demand as as agreed by England earlier "Byzantium lets ceasefire so i can hand over you my cities (Chiel and Newcastle and Hastings) "
      Last edited by Byzantium (DoC); March 31, 2010, 05:59.
      Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• Empress Shakti was listening the latest news in her throne room. When she heard what is happening in England She tried not to laugh.. too hard.. after all She is an empress.. but She failed. After a long, hysterical laugh She suddenly went silent.. for a brief moment She felt something..human..a pity or maybe even compassion for these lowly beings.. then She sent her orders to the constructions to work even harder on those towers.. it will be better for all of us, even for them to end their pitifull existence..

Comment

• Nancy Ward could hardly believe the news coming from afar: the twists and turns in relations between, the Byzantines and English and the Greeks entering the fray.

Meanwhile she renewed her subscription to the Eygptian Sun. It seemed such a honest newspaper.
          I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (Isna-la-wica)(Teton Sioux)

Comment

• this is a story about the Sha'Taoistic Republic Iran

Iran releases new Map of the World

Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
            <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

The Independent Truth Finding Commission, preceded by the Supreme Leader of Iran, releases it's final conclusions about the horrors that almost lead to the end of the world and the end of Iran.

Below you will find the plans as they have been prepared and executed by Steward Oroetes and Guru Beli'Az (II).
              These plans have been in the making for many many decades and it almost lead to the end of the world as we know it. Read it and shiver about the horrors of the former Persian leadership!***

Step 1:
              Media & Persia convince England and Byzantium to form an alliance against India

Step 2:
              England (unexpectedly) draws Korea into the alliance

Step 3:
              Media & Persia suggest the plan: Persia invades New India from the EAST (1), draws his attention (2), then England/Byzantium burn down the Shrine from the WEST (3)

Step 4:
              Persia leaks English/Byzantium invasion plan (in general) to India

Step 5:
              Persia invades New India to force England/Byzantium to hurry.

Step 6:
              England, Byzantium (and Korea) line their armies up in the WEST

Step 7:
              Persia suggest invasion plans to England/Byzantium/Korea, which are accepted.
              The plan is: Persia strikes exactly on turn X
              India will move to the aid of New India on turn x+1
              England/Byzantium/Korea strike against the Shrine on turn x+2

Step 8:
              Persia leaks these plans to India

Step 9:
              India now has a dilemma:
              a. defend New India against Persia
              b. defend the Shrine against England/Byzantium/Korea
              c. defend both and have a hug chance to lose both
              d. talk to England/Byzantium/Korea about the Persian Leak

Step 10:
              Persia blocks the D-option by setting Korea up as a believable leaker in the minds of England/Byzantium.

Step 11:
              India chose (obviously) to defend the Shrine and pulls it's bombers, destroyers and tanks* back to the Shrine City.
              *air lifts

Step 12:
              England/Byzantium and India hugely damage each other's armies.

Step 13:
              Persia takes New India.
              England, Byzantium and India need many years to recover, in the meanwhile Persia prepares a large army for the things to come.
              Able to do because of it's superior production capacity.

Unexpected Step 14:*****
              Sha'Tao himself fortunately stops the Persian invasion army himself by giving extra strength to the small Indian defence force on New India, which is now able to annihilate the superior Persians.
              Hastogianism is brought on it's knees by Sha'Tao himself.
              Iran finally sees the light after this horrible turn of events and converts to Sha'Tao

On behalf of the Iranian Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Khomeini, we do ask for forgiveness to the English and the Byzantines and the Indians and the Koreans and the Incans and the Natives and the Mali for shoving them around on the board like pawns of Media & Persia.
              Iran does firmly condone the actions done by the Persian Guruship!

We have identified Guru Beli'Az II and Steward Oroetes behind all these malicious plans. They have handled in the horrible truth of Hastogianism, not caring about anything that's not in their path, but abusing all things that breath to achieve their goals.

Never again shall Media & Persia or Hastogianism be able to do to the world as she did. Fortunately Sha'Taoism, the religion of honour and truth, peace and love, has prevailed as victor in this world war!
              Doom to Hastogianism, the most evil religion ever on earth! Let the name of Hastog never be said out loud anymore! Never we will mention his rotten name in public, Hastog will be forgotten! He's the most evil one!
              All hail Sha'Tao, the loving peaceful ruler on earth, and Empress Shakti, his lovely Heigh Priestess!

Supreme Leader of Iran
              Ayatollah Khomeini

***ooc: of course it's a simplified depiction of what really happened, but in big lines this is at least how I experienced it and how I plotted it.
              ***** Persia lost the attack against all odds. Must have been divine intervention.
              Last edited by Persia (DoC); March 31, 2010, 07:26.
              <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• I love it when a plan comes together. Or in this case, almost Great infographs

Comment

• only problem with the plan was that korea never did trust persia and continually told its allys that persia was wasting our time with its attacks on new india, only the byz thoughht it a good idea.

korea for long time suspected persias attacks on new india were a ploy to weaken the western allies.
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• yet it happened exactly as planned

Comment

• Recent History Sping Term, Constantinople University

The Professor of History in Constantinople began his graduate class.

First, thank you for your assignments entitled "The Iranian Truth Commission makes it seem as if Persia/Iran is the cnetre of the world merely because it knows nothing of what other countries were doing. Discuss". I will enjoy reading them later.

Now for today's topic.

He put up the slide.

These are the facts.

This seminar focuses on the reasons behind those facts. Three are often stated.

First, it demonstrates the complete systematic failure of Persian diplomacy. Briefly put this argument runs "If a nation has three long term foreign policy objectives, and fails all three, this has to reflect a catastrophic failure in their diplomatic services - since their purpose is to bring about the foreign policy objectives of their nation, or in some circumstances to develop the foreign policy objectives such that they are achievable. To repreatedly fail the nations objectives is unforgiveable diplomatically"

Second, it demonstrastes the woeful inadequacy of the Persian army. Briefly this suggests that the key failures were military and strategic not diplomatic. That if the Persian army had competent generals and less cowardly soliders, then the objectives would have been achieved.

Third, it demonstrates the divine intervention of the India god Sha'Tao.

(two students laugh out loud; the professor raises and eyebrow with a smile).

So who will begin?

Georgios, one of the new students from the Byzantine families who had lived long under English domination but who were now free raised his hand, and was invited to speak.

"Well, if we leaving aside explanation three which is clearly what really happened (more laughter), the second reason doesn't make sense. Yes Persian military incompetence might explain the failure of objective one, but does nothing to explain the failure of objectives two and three. Thus the only statisfactory reason is reason one. The way I see it .....

Comment

Dear mother,

I am following this class of History by this prof.
                        First of all you are right, the Byzantines have indeed a very arrogant nature and attitude. But today there were some very amusing 'facts' lectured!

First of all, the Byzantines still assume that the Guruship wanted to bring down the Shrine of Sha'Tao, while it's so clear that the Gurus never cared about the Sha'Tao Shrine at all.

Second is of course is that they laugh when the divine intervention of Sha'Tao has been mentioned. Are these people living in the middle ages that they still believe that there's no Sha'Tao? It's unbelievable that well educated people here at the university at this day and age still believe there is no Sha'Tao. Byzantium really is still living in the dark ages!

Then the most laughable thing was teached! The Persians were called 'cowards'! Of course I should not be willing to backup the Persians and their guruship, but after all they are of my kind and race and I am proud for what the Persians did! While the Byzantines ran like hell from the West of India, diving into their ships (some say that entire armies of marines weren't even used!) to flee from the wrath of Sha'Tao, the Persian army battled till it's last man was standing. It did not flee, it kept it's ground till peace was signed. (There are rumours that the Indian Empress gave peace to the Byzantine while all Byzantine soldiers were already at home with their wives!) Who's the coward here Professor? (I have to admit, I did not dare to address him in the classroom. It was only one Iranian enlightened man versus 400 something Byzantine Barbarians).

Oh, and of course the prof had to mock the Persian diplomacy, clearly contradicting himself. First it was the army of Persia that consisted of cowards, fleeing from the battleground that was that perfectly shaped by the Persian diplomacy, and then suddenly the diplomacy failed and not the soldiers.
                        Of course that's what happens when people try to explain how this world works without the intervention of Sha'Tao!
                        They can't accept that both the diplomacy succeeded and the Persian army was in perfect shape, but it was the will of Sha'Tao to let them fail anyway.

I think in the end that a prof like this is just still not able to accept that his country was used as a pawn in the game of the Gurus and Sha'Tao. Persia might have lost the game, but there's more honour in losing a game in which you were in control yourself, then being slaughtered as only a pawn. (not to mention that now the one pawn is fighting the other pawn over the lost war! This is so amusing!). (There are also rumours that the Byzantine relations with Peru are also completely broken after Peru lost their main port and the Byzantines never really compensated them)

It's so clear that the scholastic system overhere is still influenced by the government and can't achieve independent scientific research.
                        I've been told that they are even right now begging our Supreme Leader for the knowledge of Flight!!
                        Oh no, that's not true, they are begging King Darius! Yes, that is right, the nation of this Prof in History addressed a Rebel King that passed away like 300 years ago!

Mam, can I please come home and study at the university of Tarsus again?
                        The quality overhere is so bad! It's only laughable!

The girls are hot though!

Mahmed

Last edited by Persia (DoC); March 31, 2010, 16:28.

Comment

• Mahmed my son,

I have told you about this before. You have to stick at your studies. Your father and I want you to have a broad education. Everything here in Iran is just repeating the party line laid down by the clerics. Maybe they are right, maybe they are not. You need to learn to think for yourselves.

And regarding this class. I understand your confusion. But my son - you have to engage with what the professor laid out. The three facts - the three failures of Persian objectives. I know we Iranians want to focus on other things - but if you are going to get this master's degree you have to engage with the facts. But of course, make sure that when you come home for the holidays you parrot the line the clerics teach - well in public at least!

Mum

Comment

You're not my mum!

the Byzantine player posting Iranian stories
                            At least had his Byzantine stepfather intercept the letter and return the text above to the son
                            Last edited by Persia (DoC); March 31, 2010, 16:50.

Comment

• The cheek - you take over my stories then complain when I take over yours! Typical Iranian - can't stand the truth.

Comment

• Last edited by Byzantium (DoC); April 1, 2010, 02:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X