This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
    Arabian troops shall begin returning to Arabian lands immediately. We expect all military to be out of Greek lands by next turn.

if greece doesnt post here soon that peace is signed we will not turn our navy back...

Comment

Originally posted by Korea (DoC) View Post
      Justinian

good friend dear to our hearts. Your words are always clear and concise, but this war is not a just war of one small nation versus another . It is led by the former ruler of Rome who has now moved to Arabia using much knowledge he aquired whilst leading rome to use agaisnt greece. We did hear of his plans and did warn the baron that any attack on Greece would mean greeces allies would intervene

Whislt the rest of the world let Greece flounder, England and korea have been buildinfg ties with greece, making deals for settlers to expand into new lands and ensuring greece survived as a ntion.

Now as a new leader assumes power in greece baron ozzy does attack in sheer greed.

We coulds not allow this to happen. We took the actions we deemed necessary.

We hope you undersntad our dear friend

Lord of Korea Alfred Deakin
      It is true that I recently led the nation of Rome. However I had no contact with Greece. No knowledge was gained about Greece while I was in power in Rome. Arabia is indeed one of the smallest, poorest nations on the planet. This is a war between two equal nations. Greece had a new leader assume power, yes, but so did Arabia!

Furthermore, I received no warning from Korea of your close ties or alliance with Greece. Nothing that has transpired between Arabia and Greece will affect Greek deals with other nations, nor will it affect the survival of the Greek nation.

Baron Ozious, Regent of Arabia
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Baron,

It was i guess an oversight of ours not to send the message by direct letter to you , but we did post it on the world news that when a discussion over the possible break up of greece was rasied due to no leaders ( in th org thread) we did clearly state that any attack on greece would lead to its alies (Eng and korea) having to prevent this.

If arabia is small and needsroom to expand, england and korea will assist in locating new settlements for you.

We are currnelty purchasing settlers from Rome and are happy to assist arabie in its desire for survial too.

We only ask that you join us in forging a new world order or peace in the central continent to protect each other from the evils that are in the world.

Korea as been awakend that for too long we used words only, but now we will use our other strenghts to aid other coutnries too.

Lord of Korea

Comment

Lord of Korea,

Arabia has no desire to break up Greece and, as you yourself pointed out earlier, they do in fact have a leader. If you believed we sought the destruction of Greece, we apologize for the misunderstanding! We have no such intent! We apologize to Korea, Britannia, England and the rest of the world for allowing such an egregious misunderstanding to persist!

We have no interest in continued war, and no interest in destroying Greece! We hope we can live side by side in peace for many years to come. In fact, as has been mentioned earlier, we have already sent them a peace treaty.

Our greatest hope is that they will accept our offer of peace and that the world can resume its peaceful ebb and flow. We hope to put this mess behind us and be peaceful neighbors to the Greeks once more. We apologize once more for any misunderstanding in our intentions.

Baron Ozious, Regent of Arabia
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

A delegation to Beli'Az. Gold comes with them. Russia pays.

Tell them also that while Russia is preparing peace, Ottoman are slaving an army. If Persia is truly dedicated in their words to peace, then tell them to talk to Ottoman, not Russia. If Ottoman continue their dedication to the destruction of Russia, Russia will not sit idly by. We will fight as we always fight, with the strength and courage of the fiercest beast, and with the wisdom and cunning of the smartest man. Ottoman is breaking itself to create an army that can destroy Russia. It will be broken. And then Ottoman empire will be broken.
            Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
            The Russian Dynasty:
            Samo the Headbanded
            Catherine the Progenitor
            Dominika Ekatarinova
            (Konya the Lost)
            Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

To the Greek leader

We need you to confirm the details as expressed by the arabs so that this situation van be resolved.

Alfred

Comment

Menander observes extraordinary things....

He couldn't quite write this correctly.

A jumble of facts were swimming through his mind. He would just dot them down.

- suddenly an apparent ally and age old friendly nation launches a surprise attack on Greece taking two of the three cities under threat and around 6 worker units
                - the arabs had a huge army prepared whilst Greece had been asleep
                - considerable international support has been harnessed by Greece
                - suddenly after the fall of two cities Arabia makes a pitifull if temporary peace offer to return the workers and 250 gold

Rip van Greekle gets the message.

"I say to you Baron the Odious of Arabia that your behaviour and thought processes are that of a mad arab.

I will drop the diplomatic language and accuse you of tampering with the normal workings of diplomacy on this planet. You must have taken leave of your senses in pressing such a war and then expecting prizes for little compromise on your part and a complete lack of the workings of diplomacy. In relations between nations one must say to the other that they have a problem and would like to discuss it before launching such an assault.

Two of our most glorious of cities are now considerably damaged with improvements and buildings lost along with our workers.

I say to you, return these cities immediately along with 200 gold and all the workers.

If one more shot is fired by the Arabs you will see a terror the likes of which Mohammed has never seen.

Greece has not been capable at this stage of returning any fire but our small armies have performed bravely and cleverly against your army that attacked from Byzantyne borders. The defence of our Eastern city bordering Byzantyne facing a stack of Camel Archers has stared down defeat.

It is clear you were confident of capturing this city and Byzantyne treachury is evident.
                Here is an international scandal I now announce: A Byzantyne settler is in the Camel Archer stack and clearly our city was going to be razed and replaced by another further West to ease cultural pressure for Byzantyne. This is our speculation and we demand an explanation.

I call on the allies and friends of Greece to help restore Greece to her former glory and give us the chance to become great.

I say to you Arabs, agree to our offer for peace or face life in paradise."

Comment

Justinian heard the Greek accuasation and summoned his advisors - what is that? What have you done? You know the Byzantium has never aimed to gain from any small nation, has only insisted on others keeping out, on people fighting people their own size. What is this?

After a long silence a merchant stepped forward. Those settlers are under my command, sire. They are being dispatched to teh southern Roman ports for transport south. It is a complete coincidence that they are in Greece at the same time as this war broke out.

Justinian looked agast - "A ****ing coincidence. Oh great. How is that going to look?"

"But sire, be reasonable, we had no indication or knowledge that the Arabs were about to invade. We were just going about our normal peaceful business. Its not our fault that the land is suddenly full of camel archers."

"True, true" replied Justinian. "Just get them out of Greek territory immediately".
                  Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

Rip van Greekle

Be careful who you accuse of treachery. I understand you are shaken by the events which have overtaken you and confusion reigns, but Byzantium has had no part in these. We have not offered any support or intelliengence in any way to the Arabs. If any nation has a shred of evidence that we did, they should declare it publicly, and I Justinian will resign.

Byznatium has not part in this, and will gain no benefit from this war. Unless, other nations from other continents to the south or the north choose to invade this fair land. That we will not accept. When the Indians, with all their might, invaded this continent, our catapults and horsemen sent them to hell. The same will happen to any armies from foreign continents who invade this land.

Arabia and Greece - find peace. Do not think that turning your land into the heart of a world war will benefit you.

Justinian.

Comment

Alfred Deakin,

Be careful my friend.

This war between the Arabs and Greece is, indeed, a war of one small nation agianst another. Exactly as I said. You deny it but can provide no evidence what so ever.

You talk of yourself and England. But I have known yourself and General Hulk for many years. You do not speak for him.

We despair at your sense of morality. You threaten massive naval attack against the tiny Inca when they fight their equal neighbours the Egyptians. Now, you threaten the tiny Arabs with, supposedly, the armies of two of the worlds great powers.

You will not make your name great among the company of nations by these actions. A young man climbing into the school yard and threatneing the children is a bully, not a man.

Justinian

Comment

We wish to confirm the presence of a Byzantine transport fleet at our coasts. We were previously wondering what that fleet was loitering around for, but this explanation makes sense.

Originally posted by Byzantium (DoC) View Post
                        Those settlers are under my command, sire. They are being dispatched to teh southern Roman ports for transport south. It is a complete coincidence that they are in Greece at the same time as this war broke out.
                        Last edited by Rome (DoC); February 6, 2010, 09:11. Reason: corrected a typo
                        Sic Vincit Gloria Mundi

Comment

Russia has still not received any reply to our peace offer.
                          Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                          The Russian Dynasty:
                          Samo the Headbanded
                          Catherine the Progenitor
                          Dominika Ekatarinova
                          (Konya the Lost)
                          Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

this is a story about Media

People report something happened in the Shrine of Parsagarde.
                            No news yet though.

Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                            <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

Russia,

Our terms for peace are the same as they ever were.

Die, and then we will consider throwing your corpse in the ocean, or feeding it to the wolves.

Persia can intervene if they'd like, but how can they interrupt a true Hastogian like myself? My mission is pure in nature and represents all that is Hastog.

Selim.

Comment

India and Byzantium made peace

After Empress Shakti stated that She no longer wish to continue the campain against Byzantium the Indian and Byzantine representatives had met in Friendsip city to discuss peace. The meeting was short: not many questions were asked, no terms were given-the peace has been made.
                                Last edited by India (DoC); February 6, 2010, 17:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X