Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ooc] wow allaince of number 2 and 3 versus the rest...

Comment

• (If only - last time I looked Persia was no. 3 not Byzantium. And the last letter I had from Persia boasted that Persia and Russia were no. 1 and 2 in military and 1 and 3 in production)
      Last edited by Byzantium (DoC); November 22, 2009, 05:54.
      Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

• Capac Yupanqui,

I am grief stricken at the news of your great father's death. He was a true friend of Byzantium. Only recently when he was pressed by others to attack Byzantium he wrote to me:

Dearest Ally Theodosius,

Persia's gift of an army to Russia is clearly nothing but a chance to engage you both in an endless war in the ice over a tiny city. I would imagine their hope is that one of your close neighbors in the south will seek gain by attacking you and destroy a great rival.

You know all of this anyway so I shall save my words save for that which is important. Neither I nor my sons will lead Quechua in war against you. I have had ample chance chance to order the capture of Adrianople, you well know that you could not prevent it, but I have chosen not to do so. What greater proof do you require of Quechua honour in their pledge to treat with Byzantium as a friend?

In Friendship,
          Mayta Capac
          This was so typical of your father and of the depth of warmth and friendship between our nations.

I stand ready to give whatever aid is required in your search for justice. As you know according to our long treaty I have no intelligence networks in your land, but even so I offer all that I can.

Byzantium will stand alongside you, Emperor of Tawantin Suyu, Guardian of the Quenchua and Apusquipay of the Quechua Army, friend of Byzantium.

Theodosius.

Comment

• Declaration of Antioch

People of Rhodes, citizens of Byzantium, allies and friends, nations of the world,

I have considered long the demand from the Persian Guru Ahm-Az, that he will bring the forces of an empire three times the size of Byzantium against the small fishing village of Rhodes, to avenge the citizens’ brave, successful, defence of the city against the Russians, compounded now by our naval forces breaking of the naval blockade.

Many nations have bid me to continue this defence offering their support, pointing out the unjust nature of the Russian claim and the need for civilisation to stand against the demands of those who use their might to coerce others. This is indeed what my military advise, particularly given the developments in weaponry almost perfected. The southern cities, so far completely unaffected by this war, point to the strength of their industry and commerce, long invested in, and pledge their efforts to support the northern cities.

I have spend much time at the shrine of the Martyr Constantine in Antioch. I too wish that God would grant me my wish to lead international forces in battle at Rhodes and perhaps if I am worthy, to embrace the martyr’s death.

However, inscribed in that shrine are our Lord’s words ‘blessed are the peacemakers’. And as you all know, after the great victories at Antioch and Hellespontos, Byzantium offered peace to the aggressors. So I too will follow that example. For the peace of the world, and the spread of civilisation, is a great good, and one that statesmen are for ever to desire.

So this is my answer Guru Ahm-Az:
            The Declaration of Antioch

Byzantium will abandon the settlement of Rhodes on the following condition:

1. Peace is declared between Persia, Byzantium and Russia.
            2. We hand over the city to a Persia, not Russian, official.
            3. The city is destroyed.
            4. The Persians guarantee the payment to Byzantium a perpetual supply of fur, for that resource is within the territory of Rhodes (leaving aside the fact that there are others).
            5. That Russian cities founded in this area follow the map produced by the impartial Indians (located here: http://apolyton.net/uploads/1/0/1/1/...6478268969.jpg)
            To avoid doubt, this means leaving without cities the area marked red on this map.
            As the Indian map shows, this still allows the full exploitation of the land. However, the reason for the foundation of Rhodes was guarantee the safety of Nicaea. A city in the red area manifestly challenges Nicaea, and so cannot be accepted. (This does not assign the territory to Byzantium, and clearly Russian culture will spread into this land. The clause is about cities)
            6. That Russia undertakes to keep this land clear of barbarians on land or sea (the original purpose of Rhodes) paying 50 gold to Byzantium for any barbarian who emerges in this land. (The size of the Russian army in the area, and the presence of two settlers in the military camp of NS, means this clause is extremely unlike to come into play).
            These are my terms Guru Ahm-Az. With them I grant the desire of the Russian people for this land. A desire which, though none but you have accepted as legal, all can understand. I believe all will see that these terms are fair, asking for only the minimal for Byzantium in exchange for peace.

Out of obligation to my god I offer these peace terms. If instead you choose war, many nations will rejoice and I may be granted my wish to find martyrdom in the defence of our people following the example of great Constantine himself. But, peace is my offer to you.

Theodosius.

Comment

• Dominika read a copy of the Antioch Declaration.

If only they'd agreed to this from the start...

But why do they contact Persia and not Russia. We are the leaders of this war alliance. Our army is the greatest. Our forces have done the fighting, and it is us who have made demands that will now be fulfilled. I must meditate on this.

We need also make a counter-demand that no Byzantine forces set foot on Thule again, either for colonization or war. A non-aggression treaty of 50 turns should be enough to settle the feelings of those who have grown too accustomed to tension and conflict between our lands... Send this demand to the Persians and we will have victory and peace at last.
              Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
              The Russian Dynasty:
              Samo the Headbanded
              Catherine the Progenitor
              Dominika Ekatarinova
              (Konya the Lost)
              Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Theodosius,

If you include Russia's condition that no Byzantine army wil set foot on Thule again, I will accept.
                Persia will supply you with the fur you demand.

Guru Ahm'Az
                Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Guru Ahm'Az,

I have no interest in negotiating with Russia nor their demands. Many years ago I offered negotation and peace to the Russians but they refused to enter into any talks whatsoever, deciding instead to launch the war which despite your support they have lost.

However, my offer of peace is genuinely meant. Therefore I am perfectly happy to clarify clause 1 to read: "Peace is declared between Persia, Byzantium and Russia , with mutual non-aggression between Byzantium and Russia guarenteed for 50 turns".

No leader who intends to keep their promises (as Byzantine rulers always do) can speak of 'never' about any piece of land. I can assure you though that I have no intentions of planting cities in the land surrounding Rhodes, and in any case the Russia settlers will be there very soon. I am not planning any trickery.

I trust that this is satisfactory.

Theodosius.

Comment

• Theodosius,

Persia accepts these terms.

Guru Ahm'Az
                    <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• dp

Comment

• Good - I assume you speak for Russia.

I will instruct Bellisarius to await the arrival of your official at the gates of Rhodes.

Theodosius

Comment

• Theodosius of Byzantium,

My Father held you in the very highest regard and instructed both myself and my brothers that in you, Byzantium was an ever solid friend. Indeed, as he stated, the Western Army's various Hatun Apu during his reign told of the flimsiness of Byzantine defences but he refused to betray a friend.

This is the great mystery to us yet in Tawantin Suyu for none can understand why any should seek to trouble our peaceful nation. Every Treaty and promise has been honoured even when it could easily have been broken. Quechua could easy have moved north of the great mountains or west toward the tusked beast but we made Treaty and promise not to. Even when Korea became angry and threatened war we made no move against them. Likewise to all nations Tawantin Suyu has honoured its promises from the time of our first meeting with India.

We now know where the arrow was manufactured but that means nothing for it is a far off land that can have nothing to gain. Perhaps the man still lives but two days under the glance of Wiraqocha is usually enough to drain him. Perhaps the bow may give us a greater clue?

We shall see my Theodosius, for the truth shall emerge.

Capac Yupanqui,
                          Bloodline of Wiraqocha
                          Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

• Theodosius,

Only Russia speaks for Russia.

Guru Ahm'Az

---------------

Hail Dominika,

Great Empress of the Russian Empire!
                            I hail you for the achievements you have made.
                            Without the help of a single Persian army* you have been able to stand up against the mighty Byzantines.

It's up to you to accept this last treaty for peace.
                            If you want to war for better terms, Hastog will bless you.
                            Persia however believes these terms are in your best interest and will not follow you in war. I advise you to take it.

Hail Dominika, Hail!

Ahm'Az

--------------
                            *Post modern Persian historians will in the 17th century discover the facts that show that indeed, apart from 1 single catapult, no Persian army was donated or involved in this conflict. They will find some very ancient scrolls that speak about a certain Persian Guru, "Ahm'Az", a ruler whoms name was not found in any book or scroll.
                            A big suprise! "I was certain that this Fed'Az, a so called Fat Hastogian Ruler, was the first Guru of Persia! But now there are signs that even before Fed'Az the Guru Dynasty was in place already with even Hairy rulers!" one of the scientist was quoted in "True sight on History", a monthly scientific magazine.

Comment

• *Post modern Persian historians will in the 17th century discover the facts that show that indeed, apart from 1 single catapult, no Persian army was donated or involved in this conflict. They will find some very ancient scrolls that speak about a certain Persian Guru, "Ahm'Az", a ruler whoms name was not found in any book or scroll.
                              A big suprise! "I was certain that this Fed'Az, a so called Fat Hastogian Ruler, was the first Guru of Persia! But now there are signs that even before Fed'Az the Guru Dynasty was in place already with even Hairy rulers!" one of the scientist was quoted in "True sight on History", a monthly scientific magazine.
                              A non-existant ruler sending equally non-existant armies

Comment

• In celebration of our victory Russia will once our agreement is put into action, announce a royal wedding between Dominika Ekatarinova, Princess of Russia, Master of Slavs, Daughter of Hastog, Defender of Kola, and the Ottoman prince Pavel Murad-ib. All nations will be invited to send a delegation and witness the mighty armies of Russia and give gifts to the couple. In return each member will be provided with a detailed map of Thule, open borders to Russian trade ports and direct contact with the commanders of Russian armies for purposes of exchanges of knowledge or other useful transfers.

Roza Pahlavinova
                                Priestess of Hastog
                                Chief Civil Servant
                                Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                                The Russian Dynasty:
                                Samo the Headbanded
                                Catherine the Progenitor
                                Dominika Ekatarinova
                                (Konya the Lost)
                                Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

Working...
                                X