The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by St Jon View Post
    You offered 1000g but never paid it. As I said, it did not make any difference to Peru so it does not matter.

BTW. Voted
    Yes, I did offer it in-game, and next turn it was gone. So I actually did pay 1000 gold.
    The only fear I have right now is that I have offered it by accident to the wrong civ.....
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Today's the last day to cast your rates!

Comment

• Originally posted by bamf226 View Post
        Did you Raz? As I remember you bailed as soon as the Korean invasion failed. There were still points to be earned and things to accomplish even if a cultural victory was inevitable.
        Game was over once the war failed..

And this is why i will never paly again.

I refuse to waste time when there was nothing to achieve.

We could have ended the game that turn and taken votes.

The actions that occured after the war were al ltotally OOC point grabbing efforts.

It should not have been allowed to occur. voting should have occurred there and then.

If this action means no one wants to play so be it.

As the dolhpins would say.,

So long and thanks for all the fish !
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• That is so untrue Raz. The game finishes when it finishes. Nobody has the right to say 'well the bit of the game I was interested in is over, so I'm off, I don't care about what other people were interested in'. Many smaller nations had been playing for months knowing that they were not going to particularly affect the outcome of who won in-game, but dedicated lots of time to it because (a) they were here to have fun playing a diplo game which is about far more than who wins in-game and (b) because they are part of the group which means sometimes you can be at the centre of world events, and sometimes you can't. A diplo game is never going to be all about who wins in-game, that's its beauty. It was great fun to try to stop India's victory, and a great shame when we failed, but nobody can say that 'stopping india' was what dance of civilisation was all about. Maybe it was for Korea, it was certainly a dominant feature for a month for Byzantium, but I'd be surprised if it was ever high on the agenda of the Ottomans, Arabs or Russians, and their game is just as important as mine.
          Last edited by Byzantium (DoC); April 14, 2010, 17:35.
          Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• I don't see how someone who was in the top 5 could complain so much. Personnally I came into this game with only two goals and neither was to win. I know I'm not good enough yet to have won this game but I still kept playing for the exact reasons Byzantines stated.

Maybe you need to not care about winning so much and just learn to enjoy yourself and be happy with what you where able to accomplish.
            The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• His comments were absolutely the only negative aspect of this game. If I have the choice in future I won't play a game with him.

It's one thing if you want to be negative about everything but there's no reason to try and ruin the fun for everyone else.

I suggest single player in future for him, I think he'll find the AI more sympathetic to his whiny rants.

Comment

• I completely agree with all Byzantium said.

Rasputin: you may enjoy normal MP games more then diplo games. Maybe diplogaming is just not your type of game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                  Game was over once the war failed..

And this is why i will never paly again.

I refuse to waste time when there was nothing to achieve.

We could have ended the game that turn and taken votes.

The actions that occured after the war were al ltotally OOC point grabbing efforts.

It should not have been allowed to occur. voting should have occurred there and then.

If this action means no one wants to play so be it.

As the dolhpins would say.,

So long and thanks for all the fish !

You really want to have your cake and eat it Raz!

Your complaint about BtP was that it was too much about winning IG and because of your low skill level you could never compete. You said you wanted stories and plots and pictures. Most importantly you said you wanted a Game where winning or losing was basically unimportant. The fact that you wanted to quit after failing to defeat India illustrates just the opposite! Winning or losing was the only important thing to you. Getting Deity to play your Turns again shows a very strong desire to win IG.

You got your 'supposed' wish in DoC as the Game was about a great deal more than just straight IG victory. The unbelievably low drop out rate was incredible. A lot of other people with no chance at all, whether from an appalling start or low skill level still played on, and most still posted stories.

I might as well say that I'll never play a Diplo-Game again as I cannot match CS's incredible graphical skill or LZ's amazing stories. Should I just stick to straight kill or be killed as I will never win a Diplo?

Face facts Raz; there are always winners and losers in life but the World does not stop spinning on its' axis over who prevails in a computer game!
                  “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                  - Anon

Comment

• Ok guys, everything has been said. Let's leave it there.
                    I hope to receive the results from WarningU2 soon, after that it takes me some time to compile the charts.

Comment

• RP called it quits so I'll keep my opinions to myself for now.

Comment

• So....how soon will the next game be starting

Comment

• ^^^!!!

Comment

• The next has already started!!!

And it looks like we have a civ open. If you guys want to play in the next game, join the game as Russia:
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Really oh man where was I when this was being put together. Oh well I guess Ill just catch the next one.

Comment

• When DoC has completely wrapped up, and we're all done sharing our secrets, joys, fears and disappointments, I'll start a setup thread for what apparently is going to be "The Destiny of Empires"

Comment

Working...
                                X