No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia - have you finished? I see you logged in earlier but you haven't ended turn.
    Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• You are all of course allowed to have your own opinion, but it's foolish to think that Russia is a vassal of Persia. I have no control over Russia at all, Russia's army is bigger then mine and Russia planned and executed this war all by itself.

It's not for nothing that I had only 3 outdated armies near the battle. It's because I wasn't even prepared.
      Of course I stick up for Russia, it's my ally and my friend.
      Not to mention that we can't accept non-Hasconers to settle on Hascon!

As a matter of fact, Persia has no vassals.
      Being a vassal is against the teachings of Hastog. Britannia and Russia follow the great Hastog and his teachings say: be independent and do whatever you want, smash those aside who are blocking your path.
      Being a vassal of me would be against these teachings.

I am officially insulted by this comparison to greece of last game. He was a hollow warmonger. I have this religious philosophy that backs my actions up.
      And I do not have the goal to take over the world. Only Hastogianism has to. Persia has no intentions at all to invade other nations.

The only war Persia had was against Russia b/c Russia was in the way of Persia (build a city where we planned it).

So stop the insulting and praise Hastog!
      Listen to his teachings and stay out of my path.
      Bunch of non-heathens!
      Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
      <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• I had only 3 outdated armies near the battle

Persia has no vassals

You should hear what your neighbours say about you when you aren't listening.

Comment

• Byzantines please take your turn!!!!!!!
          The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• here's the complete an unabridged truth of the matter.

I was planning on settling 4 cities on that peninsula. because of the settlements of byzantium I could only settle 2. after the britannians settled on the north side, the one city I have there is the only city I can have there. I HAD to remove that byzantine city so I could put my two cities in, bringing my total up to a pathetic 8, 3 of which would be on crappy frozen lands. persia had nothing to do with it. that is the truth. I did ask them to send a delegation to help if things went to hell, which they did. it should have been a fast assault, chase byzantine off the continent, settle my 2 cities. end of story.

but because of byzantiums stubborness, I've now had to call in help from other nations. persia, ottoman (and others) have now decided actively help me. and dominika and I agree in this, I will NOT stop until that city is destroyed and my 2 cities settled. now you can fight me all you want, but I've decided to spend the rest of the game making sure I get that frozen piece of land. you worry about india and england? give me what I want and use your army against a real threat...
            Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
            The Russian Dynasty:
            Samo the Headbanded
            Catherine the Progenitor
            Dominika Ekatarinova
            (Konya the Lost)
            Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Checking the map it seems to me that Rhodes is quite badly placed-Byzantium might not had the full view of the land then- but now it doesnt allow more cities to be founded there and many resources (including two food and a silver) will remain unused. It is just an ooc suggestion that maybe you should consider as a compromissum destroying Rhodes and divide the land between two cities, a Russian and a Byzantine one.
              Most likely it's not acceptable to any of you so just keep doing what you do

Comment

• This is how I would had done it:
                http://apolyton.net/uploads/1/0/1/1/...6478268969.jpg

The pink city still can be founded, really not that great, but number of cities are quite important in civ. I hav no city which doesnt overlap with others, one of my city has only 2 land tiles which don't overlap, but has a sea resource and some coast, still worth it.

Comment

• That is an old map It doesn't include my norther city.

Comment

• Byzantines please take your turn!!!!!!!
                    Taking it now - sorry but there are places I can post on here from that I can't take a turn, and I couldn't take it earlier because I was waiting for Dominika to play.

Comment

• here's the complete an unabridged truth of the matter.

I was planning on settling 4 cities on that peninsula. because of the settlements of byzantium I could only settle 2. after the britannians settled on the north side, the one city I have there is the only city I can have there. I HAD to remove that byzantine city so I could put my two cities in, bringing my total up to a pathetic 8, 3 of which would be on crappy frozen lands. persia had nothing to do with it. that is the truth. I did ask them to send a delegation to help if things went to hell, which they did. it should have been a fast assault, chase byzantine off the continent, settle my 2 cities. end of story.

but because of byzantiums stubborness, I've now had to call in help from other nations. persia, ottoman (and others) have now decided actively help me. and dominika and I agree in this, I will NOT stop until that city is destroyed and my 2 cities settled. now you can fight me all you want, but I've decided to spend the rest of the game making sure I get that frozen piece of land. you worry about india and england? give me what I want and use your army against a real threat...
                      On please cut the whinning its pathetic.

You had great plans to found 4 cities in a particular patch, but found that in fact others also wanted to found cities there, so you had to compromise. We have all done that everythere. We all scout out nice pieces of land in the early days and dream nice dreams, and find we can't have everything we drempt of.

And cut the crap on the number of cities. Persia has many more cities than anyone else. Persia's 15 is the reason you and others have little space. I don't blame Persia - its a game - they have played well, intimidated their neighbours and spawned settlers well. If its actually about number of cities in some OOC way why don't you complain abou the people who actually have far more than me, and comment on all the nations who have fewer than you?

but I've decided to spend the rest of the game making sure I get that frozen piece of land.

What a great attitude to playing a game. "You've messed up my plans so I'm going to annoy you for months". Cheers

(India I see the point in your maps - at least if someone was mapping it out on the basis they were going to settle the whole thing and wanted to maximise resources. In fact as you said I didn't have the complete map when I settled, and there was never an intention to settle more that one city to secure my northern coast - hence the location of Rhodes immediatley across the shortest channel from Nicaea)

Comment

• yes well done to anyone getting so many cities. well palyed..

but as india has shown it not just city numbers that is important

city numbers just makes up for any lack in other civ areas.

Comment

• well, as I said, the ONLY place to expand is there. so I'll fight for it until I win or am exterminated. which fits the current Russian character 100%. if you're not willing to deal with that feel free to evacuate.
                          Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                          The Russian Dynasty:
                          Samo the Headbanded
                          Catherine the Progenitor
                          Dominika Ekatarinova
                          (Konya the Lost)
                          Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Well Russia might not be the nicest nation but they sure have a strong will.

Comment

• Russia has all the right to hunt you till the end of the game for what you did in-game.
                              It's up to you if you want to live with that, or give up something to gain peace in return

Russia would most probably also have hunted me down for the rest of the game for what I have done to it, that's why I decided to pay them a huge price. And still I'm looking over my shoulder every turn

I had only 3 outdated armies near the battle

Hey, that's actually the truth!

You should hear what your neighbours say about you when you aren't listening.

If my neighbours consider themselves vassals of me, that's up to them. They don't do that in communications with me though. (a bit weird, communicate to other nations that they are vassals, but no to their supposed master, what's there to gain?)
                              But anyway, I don't consider them to be vassals. They can do whatever they want.

And of course Byzantium is right, Russia should not focus his entire game to chase a dream he has lost. Well, he can if he wants, but I wonder if that'll serve him best. I get the idea that it's all In-character play of Russia, not OOC whining.

But Russia has alternatives and I have already offered one to Russia.
                              So my conclusion is: it's role playing for Russia. Byzantium has to deal with that.
                              Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                              <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• I know I will just be ignored again but can we go back to 11hr clock. Not fighting is going on and will at this pace not happen for some time.

Comment

Working...
                                X