Month 01 General
    Month 01 Categories

Month 02 General

Month 02 Categories Diplomacy and Story

Month 02 Categories Attitude and Gamescore

Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I've also updated the #1 post of this thread with this same info.

I dare to say that this #1 post (which is still my 10,000th post on apolyton) is the most awesome post ever made in the history of Apolyton 8)

Comment

• hrmf... not 100% pleased with my story ratings. guess I will have to do better...
        Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
        The Russian Dynasty:
        Samo the Headbanded
        Catherine the Progenitor
        Dominika Ekatarinova
        (Konya the Lost)
        Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Did anyone give comments on their ratings?

Robert, can you clarify the attitude rating for M2. Looks like the list on the left is for September, not October. Attitude rating list doesn't match-up with the first graph for points given unless I am totally misreading it.
          Last edited by Mali (DoC); November 11, 2009, 11:17.

Comment

• I wonder why I got so low diplo rating..(almost last place) I contacted, pm-ed , traded with many nations and I was nice to everyone.. (october we are talking about )

Comment

• btw seems there is an error in score points m2, For some reson Persia got the most points

edit, as Mali suggested the scores were for September, but corrected by now
              Last edited by India (DoC); November 11, 2009, 11:34.

Comment

• Oops, some Month 1 data was still in there, I've replaced it. Thanks India/Mali.
                Sometimes the ratings don't reflect what people deserve. There's nothing we can do about that, except trusting that no the long term it will all average out.

If people want to hand out real fair ratings they should make personal notes during the month if they read good stories / diplomacy posts or pm's, and see attitude happenings.

I could also post the average ratings each civ gave (per category).
                One civ gave an avg rating of 5 in the diplo category, another civ of 2.93!

Story: 5.21 / 2.14 (where the most ironic thing is that the civ that gave others an avg rating of 5.21 gave an 1 rating from the civ who gave an avg rating of 2.14 !!!!!
                Being generous apparently doesn't always pay back)

I'm not going to start this debate again, but all please, when you rate: be fair!
                Make a '4' the avg rating. Otherwise civs only give unfair advantages to themselves.
                Maybe the final solution is to give all civs the average ratings to themselves.
                That way they cancel out their own low or heigh ratings.

Comment

• 2,14 avg rating for story? wtf... that is very unfair to say at least... what was the maximum He gave , a 3? lol

Comment

• Hmmm Must do better in all categories.
                    I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (Isna-la-wica)(Teton Sioux)

Comment

• why oh why should the avrage by 4... if lots of people are not posting stories then of ocurse it will need lower votes .

surely peopel arnet giving the civs that rarely post a 4.

if you want higher votes from the people who vote lower then impress them. I have told people over and over again how i place my votes. Robert can attest that due to the improves story telling that my votes went up .

I made a deliberate decision this time to place higher votes due to the bleating hearts ( and i am called the whinger well i see some big whining up above) So Robert please bac kme up by stating that many people got 4 this time.

But how can i give a high score Diplo wise to a nation that refused all my trade offers.

So the nations you helped should vote highly not the ones you ignored.

Story wise, again i am notgiing 4 to someone who doesnt reveal anything to me in his story,s but that is my subjective item. you vote the way you want. but please dont tell me to change my vote to give you more points when you are not impressing me with your stories. if you dont like mine then vote me low. but dont bleat...
                      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Originally posted by India (DoC) View Post
                        2,14 avg rating for story? wtf... that is very unfair to say at least... what was the maximum He gave , a 3? lol
                        Robert feel free to show people wehat points i gave to who....

it wil lbecoem very obvious then ....

Comment

• Votes won't be made public till the game is over.
                          Neither did I give the name of the civ that gave low votes.

Comment

• As long as everyone is:

- applying their approach consistently to all nations
                            - genuinely voting OOC - not using votes to reward (I don't give you a high diplo vote because you agreed to my diplomatic suggestoins)

then I think the less analysis of votes the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Priest View Post
                              As long as everyone is:

- applying their approach consistently to all nations
                              - genuinely voting OOC - not using votes to reward (I don't give you a high diplo vote because you agreed to my diplomatic suggestoins)

then I think the less analysis of votes the better.
                              agreeing to diplomatic suggeations or rejecting is exaclty as you say no basis, but ignoring contacts, rejecting offers for no reason etc is good reason to give low score.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                                why oh why should the avrage by 4... if lots of people are not posting stories then of ocurse it will need lower votes .

surely peopel arnet giving the civs that rarely post a 4.
                                4 shouldnt be the lowest score but it should be as it called "average". And not because we want to tell others how to vote, but to make the scoring more fair. It's a fact: if one score others on 1-3 scale He give himself an unfair advantage. There are ways btw to normalize this in the final score not sure if we should do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X