No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry if the stories aren't your cup of tea, Raz. That's what happens in reality. Some people like Westerns, some people like mystery, some people like Harry Potter. You can't please everyone so don't try. However, you should give props to good writers regardless of whether or not you like the story.

Comment

• Hopefully you guys have seen by now the announcement that Civ is coming to Facebook next year. There's our next diplo game. We can all play all day from work.

Comment

• Civilization Network
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Mali (DoC) View Post
          Hopefully you guys have seen by now the announcement that Civ is coming to Facebook next year. There's our next diplo game. We can all play all day from work.

I really hope it doesn't turn out to be as gay as the other facebook games.
          The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

I think the feelings you harbor is because you expect the game to be played a very certain way, your way. When it is not, you complain about it not being fair.

I find this game to be much fairer than BtP, although I did have a problem with diplomacy ratings. The problem I saw was not with the game itself but how people viewed the rating of 4 being the neutral selection. I think that has been cleared up. We will see next month.
            that Mr Mali is what life isa bout, Fair is only fair if it is fair to us as individuals.

My choose is to play a game i cant compete in or go look for alternatives.

What Diplo has become is not right or wrong, just suits diferent people.
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

How can you say this? Story is half of the game (even if it is represented as a fourth of the total score). If you aren't writing the story then you are making your turn in the game.
              I think you have misread what i meant to say. I will reclarify. In this iteration of the game people are making up stories more from fantasy than from what is happening in game. And that again is neither good nor bad, as you say it is jsut not what i am good at so to me it is not as much fun. it is great fun for others so please feel free to continue to do it, but every onehere is free to have their own thoughts and opinions. The truth is not what others see, but what we as individuals percieve it to be.

So my feel is that i like to post storys about what i am upto in the game , the interactions with other civs who i met, who i friendly with etc.

Now people use story posts to talk of Fatmen going to hell and back. etc etc. It is all good for you so keep it up.

Comment

• Why are people talking about this insoluble nonsense on the Tech Trade Thread?
                “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videturâ€
                - Anon

Comment

• umm because not much else to talk aaobut at moment. dont be so rigid with rules for what can and cant be posted and where.

Comment

• JUST SAYING HI AND BYE TO CAPS LOCK DAY.
                    Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                    The Russian Dynasty:
                    Samo the Headbanded
                    Catherine the Progenitor
                    Dominika Ekatarinova
                    (Konya the Lost)
                    Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

Hopefully you guys have seen by now the announcement that Civ is coming to Facebook next year. There's our next diplo game. We can all play all day from work.
                      facebook is banned from my work...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                        each to their own i guess. each to theri own , it isjust lucky we get to vote the way we feel not subject to any rules.
                        I was just pointing out that your comments were not in line with your own standards. You're free of course to choose your own standards.

You said that you did not see any stories about what was happening on the map, which is not true. There are stories about what's happening in the game, ie. the story of the barbarian invasion.

My conclusion is; we do live up to your standards.
                        If you disagree, please tell me how the stories about the barbarian invasion are not reflecting your standards, because we apparently do not understand them.
                        Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                        <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Originally posted by Persia (DoC) View Post
                          I was just pointing out that your comments were not in line with your own standards. You're free of course to choose your own standards.

You said that you did not see any stories about what was happening on the map, which is not true. There are stories about what's happening in the game, ie. the story of the barbarian invasion.

My conclusion is; we do live up to your standards.
                          If you disagree, please tell me how the stories about the barbarian invasion are not reflecting your standards, because we apparently do not understand them.
                          yeah i should have said i did note that and a couple of others too, but i was finding i getting lost in all the other stuff.

but i guess you have to try and impress everyone ..

so keep it up , i wil jsut try and ignore the psots about hagrid and read the ones i prefer. keeps it fun for all that wayt..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                            hagrid
                            Fat Hagrid
                            Sic Vincit Gloria Mundi

Comment

• Cool maps Korea.

Comment

• I hope someone liked the stories I've been writing...
                                I get it that a lot of the religious stories are a bit off-topic, but really, they are in many ways the basis for the culture of a civ. I'm currently writing what will be the founding myth of Russia, which in my opinion is gonna influence alot of future decisions.

And frankly, in my opinion, the persian take on religion with the 1 feather becoming a whole chicken coop is the basis for most religions. Hastog who was a megalomaniac bully is later honored, then revered and finally worshipped. As a priestly caste emerges his story is embellished for various reasons, including the needs and wants of the clergy and the rulers. I'm spinning off on that story cause it will create political opportunities later and I also try to make it funny and entertaining. I've also borrowed (plagiarized some might say) from other stories. See which ones you can spot (movies, comics, books)?

Bottom line, I'm trying to create a separate religious branch to make Russia more independent from Persia. I am also embellishing a religion that is mostly undeveloped, which will make for stories, possibility for religious conflicts etc etc.

Maybe it's crap. If so, then I assume that it will be voted down and I'll have to try something else. Personally I kinda enjoy the fleshing out of the religions of our world, especially since they create differences from real life religions making for a unique worldculture in the game. And this is still in the mists of time, as time goes by, with more going on and more to tell, religious stories will drop off. I'm making some now as part of the background of my civ.
                                Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                                The Russian Dynasty:
                                Samo the Headbanded
                                Catherine the Progenitor
                                Dominika Ekatarinova
                                (Konya the Lost)
                                Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

Working...
                                X