X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by England (DoC) View Post
    *Has Russia ever posted?
    *Has anyone ever talked ingame with Russia
    *Are we having another no talk/post Stinca (Russia) like the previous game?
    WTF?!?!?!?!??!?!

Why are so many people saying this?

Are people so easily confused by the warrior avatar that they don't remember that was Russia's post? Or are they just repeating hearsay? LET ME AGAIN SAY, I HAVE RESPONDED TO EVERY SINGLE DIPLOMATIC MESSAGE. Also YOU GUYS NEED TO ACTUALLY READ THE STORY THREAD BEFORE COMING OUT WITH SUCH COMMENTS.

Thank you.
    Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
    The Russian Dynasty:
    Samo the Headbanded
    Catherine the Progenitor
    Dominika Ekatarinova
    (Konya the Lost)
    Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Apologies Russia, I was quick to judge without even checking the story thread.

Comment

• Russia: Anyway my current strategy, since I'm now destined to be a bottom civ is to drag Persia into the depts of hell with me at any cost.

Ok, not sure if this belongs to an OOC debate, but I do not have the intention to crumble you! May I advise you to not start a lengthy war with me? Just accept your losses and your position and gain advantage from it.
        Your neighbour is by far the strongest civ on earth (2nd civ has 55% my power) and has by far the biggest production on earth (2nd civ has about 50% my production capacity).

Be wise, accept my protection and my settler. Better have a strong friend at your border who helps you to advance then wage this endless war where you have no chance at all.
        This advice is honest.

I prefer a lengthy war though, by the way, if possible also with the dutch and the ottoman
        I can handle the three of you
        saves me a settler as well and gives me some free promotions.

Just some advice, first build a worker, not a settler.
        When you were settling your 2nd and 3rd city, I mined bronze, gold and silver, pastured cattle and am preparing right now a road to send even more armies your way. One improved city is better then 4 unimproved cities.

Bottom line: don't destroy your chances for the rest of the game by launching a lengthy war of wrath now!
        Your chances are not gone at all!
        Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
        <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Originally posted by England (DoC) View Post
          Apologies Russia, I was quick to judge without even checking the story thread.
          Sorry I over reacted, I was just frustrated that so many people said this.
          The Russian Dynasty:
          Samo the Headbanded
          Catherine the Progenitor
          Dominika Ekatarinova
          (Konya the Lost)
          Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• YES! All hands of Russia!
            I am the only one who's allowed to toy with him right now! Get your own toy!!!!!!
            Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
            <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• While early wars are interesting I don't really like them in diplogames. Too easy to cause big harm and the others could leave the warring civs behind in techs, power etc.
              On the other hand wars are not prohibited at all in diplogames and from what I've read here the Persians dont want to cripple the Russians (and they shouldnt) but the Russains also need to be reasonable. Surrendering in diplogames doesnt mean the end of the game at all, and it's quite logical when threatened by a much bigger army. The situation can change even reverse, just get some strong friends - in any case it's good opportunity for great diplo and stories
              (I wrote this but I dont know if you are new diplo palyer or not, it not then nvm, you must know these already )

Comment

• Originally posted by Russia (DoC) View Post

Are people so easily confused by the warrior avatar that they don't remember that was Russia's post.
                For the record, I liked your posts, as well as the music clips

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
                  For the record, I liked your posts, as well as the music clips
                  Well someone noticed atleast.
                  The Russian Dynasty:
                  Samo the Headbanded
                  Catherine the Progenitor
                  Dominika Ekatarinova
                  (Konya the Lost)
                  Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• @England: please cast your test vote, you're the only one who didn't yet!

@All
                    Next turn will be 16 hours. If that's not enough I'll pause the game for Russia.
                    Last edited by Robert; September 18, 2009, 06:50.
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I'm sorry I didn't even know there was a vote required. What was the result?

I don't read this thread except daily from a subscription and sometimes due to work committments I may not read it thoroughly ... sorry.

I do however read the private messages immediately so I'm not sure if this will go overwell but in future if there are game changing votes can a) it be private messaged that a vote is required by all players and b) allow at least two days for the vote?

Originally posted by mzprox View Post
                      Could someone put in one more yes from those who missed this vote? so we can get over it. If you dont know what was this about shame on you, you should had followed this thread .

Comment

• @England: please cast your test vote, you're the only one who didn't yet!
                        Robert I did vote. It was right after I asked that time for some help with the voting.

I got a reply from WarningU2's system that I have submitted my vote.

So I did vote!!!

Comment

• Ok, I'll ask WarningU2, perhaps it failed.
                          Let's wait for WarningU2 to respond!

Thanks!
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Ok Robert, I will vote again if the first time failed somehow.

Just let me know.

And sorry

Comment

• Good to see the early war - keeps us all on our toes. And great posts and attitude guys. Interesting to see what happens - will nations allow Persia to dominate, or will it be dogged by conflict that soon make its massed axemen look like ancient history compared to the peaceful progress others make. Short war gaining cities good, long war gaining nothing bad, I wonder what it will be :-)

Comment

• Long and bad if I have anything to say about it. I'm sorry to do this but since I have entered the war I will need the 24hr clock.
                                The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

Working...
                                X