The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I ask for a sub for new persia. I suggest Ozzy.

Comment

• Never mind, the war is already over. No casualties! Turn timer can remain at 11 hour.
        Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
        <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• What? I was considering to join the fun..

Comment

• Would I only have known that, then I would have certainly delayed the story writing so you would have had a chance That's certainly a bummer, my fault that I did not see this opportunity for you. I officially apologize, but done things can't be undone
            <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Originally posted by India (DoC) View Post
              I ask for a sub for new persia. I suggest Ozzy.
              I'm available.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• obviously people are bored with it all.
                Posting in story thread about stuff that actualy doesnt happen. MEdia nd persia fighting each other.

If we are going to fill the story thread with this sort of false stuff then get ready for a lot of crap to read through to get to the real DIPLO positngs.
                Last edited by Korea (DoC); February 14, 2010, 16:23.

Comment

• You are wong. It did happen.
                  Median armies did enter New Persia. I try to make stories for everything I do in game. I'll explain it to you:

- I have this Hastogianistic storyline
                  - I wanted some civics that aren't hastogianistic
                  - therefore I invented New Persia, a non-hastogianistic nation
                  - I installed some non-hastogianistic civics on new persia
                  - now I wanted to install a strong defence force on New Persia, something that could not be done on new persia itself yet (limited production capicity)
                  - so now I needed a reason to bring median armies to new persia, and this was done this way.

I am also working towards the conclusion of my (current) storyline, predicted by my signature. (yes, it's not done yet. That sig has been there since turn 1!)
                  And I obviously wanted to make Persia "Media and Persia". (I named my capital "Media" on turn 1!)
                  Oh, and I of course needed a story to incorporate the New Russian thing.

All my stories make sense for the game I am playing. Can't even reveal it all yet. Some stuff behind the New Persia /Media story are a secret, of course.

This is a story / roleplaying / diplo game, according to the first post of this thread. I try to write a story behind my civ, to bring my civ to life. But it still is all related to what I do in-game.

- golden ages
                  - civic changes
                  - religion changes

And this media/new persia story is powered by golden ages / civic changes / religion changes, and even the re-allocation of my armies.
                  I'm sorry that you don't get it, but believe me, nothing I write is there for no reason. Not even if you can't see it (yet).

Comment

• @Korea

@Persia I'm enjoying the writing, and it doesn't crowd out anything else in all the posts, go for it One thing I don't get: New Persia is still the civ Persia right, I mean, you are not actually controlling two different civs (or did I miss something), so what do you mean when you talk about 'I installed some non-hastogianistic civics on new persia', seeing as you can't use different civics for different continents?

Comment

• my point exactly. it only one civ... so how do you install different civics on same nation in different places...

i find it al ltoo confusing and am concerned if confusuon continues i will stop reading and miss something improtant.

Comment

• Don't worry Korea, I'm on it, I'll let you know if anything important comes up

Comment

• I think it realy a sgin that at thisd stage of game with so little to do while we wait for the big three to win the game, we jsut filling in the storys simply for something to do.

Comment

• No no no, that's way too pessimistic, don't worry, there's still a lot of fun to be had And I am in the bottom three, so coming from me, that should mean something

Comment

• Sun shining....

Love is in the air !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Egypt (DoC) View Post
                                @Korea

@Persia I'm enjoying the writing, and it doesn't crowd out anything else in all the posts, go for it One thing I don't get: New Persia is still the civ Persia right, I mean, you are not actually controlling two different civs (or did I miss something), so what do you mean when you talk about 'I installed some non-hastogianistic civics on new persia', seeing as you can't use different civics for different continents?
                                If possible I would love it to control 2 civs (make 'New Persia' a vassal of Media) but that's technically not possible

So my civics run over my entire civ, but storywise they apply to different parts of the empire. It's my way to tell a story.

Comment

Working...
                                X