No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert can i take my turn now, England has send Arabia a peace treaty (In game to sign)? As long as England is concerned we are not in war and have started moving back our troops.

Comment

• I am subbing for Britannia for this weekend.
      Just to let you guys know.
      Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
      <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• @England: I was not even aware that you were officially at war

@Persia: ok.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Turn time back to 11 hours!

Comment

• Game Score Stats and Charts
            Month 01 General
            Month 01 Categories

Month 02 General
            Month 02 Diplo/Story
            Month 02 Atti/Score

Month 03 General
            Month 03 Diplo/Story
            Month 03 Atti/Score

Month 04 General
            Month 04 Diplo/Story
            Month 04 Atti/Score

Month 05 General

Month 05 Categories Diplomacy and Story

Month 05 Categories Attitude and Gamescore

Comment

• Formerly known as "CyberShy"

Comment

• Rate comments:

War and peace making definitely helps stories and diplomacy.

Highlights:
                Ottoman: Good diplo (despite allies sacking you): 6, way too few stories (2), awesome attitude despite bad game position (7)

India: Awesome stories (7), awesome attitude, despite your strong position, you play a game and you don't just overrun everybody with you strength: 7, diplo: 6 (hard to rate, you make enemies for the sake of game)

Egypt: nice story atempts to avoid war (5), terrific diplo skills during war: 7

Korea: always stories about everything, always present in story thread: 7

Russia: Good story telling and attitude, (6,7), good diplo to get your war untouched by big powers: 7. 6 for story b/c lack of stories for a couple of weeks.

Most disappointed in Mali and Natives. Have been neutral 5000 years with India. Just too boring!!!

Byzantium: great storytelling, and great diplomacy. Hats off to the destruction of Shivali's invasion force, well played!

Persia: great storytelling as always, and remains a brilliant element in the game, Hastogianists are hilarious.

Inca: strange move to wage a sudden war against Egypt, as it was accompanied by almost no posts, and apparently few allies.

Russia: very good storytelling, very creative, cool!

Comment

• and nothing happening this weekend ??? where is everyone Cant al lb eromantics like me and busy on valentines weekend

Comment

• you play a game and you don't just overrun everybody with you strength
                    Logistically this isn't possible, we saw that they failed against Byzantium even with better units and two huge armies, i feel that India was too over confident in that case. Amazing job by Byzantium!!!. So yes they may overrun some mid civs, but definitely can't overrun the bigger ones due to distance and everyone has huge armies, plus all the hidden alliances

Comment

• Originally posted by England (DoC) View Post
                      Logistically this isn't possible, we saw that they failed against Byzantium even with better units and two huge armies, i feel that India was too over confident in that case. Amazing job by Byzantium!!!. So yes they may overrun some mid civs, but definitely can't overrun the bigger ones due to distance and everyone has huge armies, plus all the hidden alliances
                      I have achieved exactly what I wanted

(Well, expected to kill a bit more Byzantine troops in the process, but I had no illusions )
                      Last edited by India (DoC); February 14, 2010, 06:31.

Comment

• You mean lost your both armies? Don't get me wrong not picking an OOC fight or anything, just an observants opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by England (DoC) View Post
                          You mean lost your both armies? Don't get me wrong not picking an OOC fight or anything, just an observants opinion.
                          (I don't want to "overexplain" why I did what I did.. maybe after we finished the game )

About the battle
                          At that time our power (Byz's and mine) were the same, my armies were far away and because it was their land they got the first strike with siege weapons. (They started the fight by dropping 8 siegeweapons on my 15 units.) Since Byzantium did everything right, I didn't had too much options. I've moved on the best defenedable tiles, upgraded my troops to have defense bonus on hills before they attacked me, but it didn't help too much . ( I could had unite the two armies to make them stronger, but I did not want)
                          So I expected that I cant get hold on their land, what was a bit surprising that they lost less units than I had expected.. I must discuss it with Sha'tur.. must had fallen asleep

Conclusion: yes, fighting war far away from your country even with big tech advantage is very hard. The best chance is always for surprise attacks, that hardly was one.
                          Last edited by India (DoC); February 14, 2010, 12:01.

Comment

• I have run into a problem I can't solve myself. I tried to load up civ but an error message kept showing up. I tried uninstalling it but it wouldn't let me. I tried to uninstall manually but I can't find the files I need to delete and this windows 7 is confusing to no end. Any one have an Idea on how to fix this?
                            The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• What is the error message? What does it say exactly, word for word?

Comment

• @Britannia: http://forums.civfanatics.com/archiv.../t-134053.html
                                (don't forget to first uninstall BtS)

@Robert: Media has invaded New Persia, we are officially at war now. Please make a 24h timer again.
                                Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                                <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

Working...
                                X