• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for playing, Kees!
    I hope you'll step by now and then!
    Good luck to the new Greece.

New Month, time to rate again.
    Rate here: http://www.ghccci.org/CIV/DoC_Vote.html

Last day to cast your rates is February 9th.
    (I have already received a rate delay (from Arabia, obviously), that's why not not on the 7th)

Login using:
    Login name: civname (ie. "Russia")
    Password: you received it somewhere on the 8th of October by PM.

All please keep in mind:
    - include your civname on the vote form! (not only to login)
    - rate fair and consistent based on the stories / diplomacy / happenings of January 2010 only
    - if possible please include vote explanation.

happy voting / rating
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• India is requesting an "anti-diplo" category

I've worked really hard to screw up my diplo, hope some appreciate it at least

Comment

• Robert - Did you find someone else or are you under the impression that I took over Greece?

Comment

• Somebody found me, and I know it's not you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Korea (DoC) View Post
            you and robert need to make up and be freinds
            I have no personal issues with Pinchak. Like I said, he can be in the next game. I do have issues as a game organizer.

Just as with the Japan-cheat in BtP, something sometimes needs to be done.
            And then the thing has been done, and we move forward. Now I'm glad that we have this player in.

Comment

• I have paused the game. The Ottomans haven't played their turn yet and there's only 2 hours on the clock while I'm going to sleep.

I'll set an alarm in 3 hours to check if the Ottomans are ready to play. Otherwise it'll be 7 hours from now when I wake up.

Comment

• popping valium...

voted. waiting for the ottoman to play their turn... hurry hurry! 24hrs is long time!
                Last edited by Russia (DoC); February 1, 2010, 18:48.
                Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                The Russian Dynasty:
                Samo the Headbanded
                Catherine the Progenitor
                Dominika Ekatarinova
                (Konya the Lost)
                Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• voted

Comment

• Guys, I can always play my turn within 24 hrs, not always in a time less than that.

Comment

• the timer is like 24ish hours, right?
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I still can't log in.

RP is this because the game is paused?

I was able to play my turn at the beginning of this turn but Russia hadn't played and I had to go to bed then work, now it looks like I will miss this because of the pause. I know have to sleep and then work.

Can we reverse the turn order, or, can we not pause the game?

Russia, if I'm to miss this turn and you get to play it (sucks because as I said, I could have played at the beginning of turn and I can play now) can we agree on no troop movements for this turn only?

Comment

• The game is paused for you. Because CS feared you would miss the turn.

If you'd prefer he not pause the game for you in the future, I'm sure he could oblige. You should contact CS with times you are able to take your turn, so he can unpause it.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Hey Ottoman,

Yes, I paused it to make sure that you could play your turn.
                            It's no problem.
                            We unfortunately missed each other past night. (I looked at 2am if you responded, but you did at 2.50am. If I would have known I would have relaunched at 2am
                            c'est la vie, as the french would say. (="that's life" you non-french speaking yanks)

Without a pause you would have missed it for sure.
                            If you want to switch order, then that can be one by just skipping one turn, then you're first in the next turn without actually missing any movement compared to Russia.

It'll then be:
                            turn x
                            Russia
                            Ottomans
                            turn x+2
                            Russia
                            turn x+3
                            Ottomans
                            Russia
                            etc.

You see, it's still Russia, Ottomans, Russia, OTtomans, Russia, etc.
                            Let me know when ready.

Comment

• Disconnecting the server just for pause leads to very long turns.. we have to think of an alternative. If it would had been a normal pause then Ottoman could unpause it any time and we would be in the next turn already.

Everyone can pause/unpause the the game by pressing the pause/break, the problem: it can't be done if you got a diplo msg in that turn

-However I did some research and someone said that he game in fact can be unpaused if you press the button once while the game is loading, before any diplo msg could pop up, we should test this and use it if works. (I belive if you got stuck at the diplo screen you should alt tab, close the game, start again and press pause/break ata specifc time which I don't know what is: during transfer, just after transfer, during initalization, finishing phase.. we should test it somehow)

(-for future games we should have a nonplayer civ somewhere in a small island, everyone would know the password for that civ and we could use i solely to unpause the game when necessary)

what do you think?

Comment

• That's better indeed.
                                Yesterday I did not want to pause the game because it would reveal my identity.
                                And especially now you all think to know who I am, I want to keep it that way

For that reason a single isolated non-civ would indeed be ideal.
                                I wonder what the AI does with such a civ....
                                good solution for the pause /diploscreen problem.

Everyone must remember though to repause the game again after playing. yesterday ie. the Mali didn't play their turn yet either. If they show up first and forget to unpause, then the problem is still not solved

Comment

Working...
                                X