Month 03 Categories Attitude and Gamescore

Current Gamescore
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Rate comments (anonymous):

Month 02:
      A much better voting system than BtP!

I reread all Oct09 Posts so rating from me is based on a combination of quantity and quality (Public) and PM private. I didn't give any 7s

Arabia: extra attitude for continueing despite problems
      Inca: great stories, consistent way of displaying
      Ottoman: please more stories and more diplomacy! Attitude: bonus points of healthy ame attitude despite bad position
      Britannia: great stoies, good diplo, same with Russia!
      Rome, Greece, Byzantine: good stories! MAD members: extra diplomacy points
      Mali: please more stories. Russia: extra attitude b/c of handling the voucher issue!!

Month 03:

In short, the more active posters got better ratings from me but I looked at the content also. I looked at every post during November. We had great stuff between Byzantium and Russia (and allies) at the start of the month. And a great burst of posting from Korea, mostly mid month. Then we had the early signs of an England v others (especially Rome) conflict. Persia kept in their with skillful diplomacy as far as I could judge.

Arabia: good attitude (5), only a few stories (3). no much info on your diplo (4)
      Greece: almost no stories(2), don't know about diplo(4), normal attitude(4).
      Natives: 5 in all categories.
      Byzantium: you lost the diplo-war with Persia(3), good story telling but not as much as last month(5), very good attitude (7)!
      Inca: way to go on organising anti-english war! (7) story above avg(5), good game attitude(5)
      Ottoman: good game attitude! (6) (continue and loyal despite bad position), hardly any stories (2) and ok diplomacy (5)
      Britannia: awesome storyline (6), isolated yourself on diplomacy (3), very good attitude (7)
      India: spreading tao; very good diplo! (7), nice tao storyline (6) and above avg attitude (5)
      Persia: won diplo-war with Byzantine (7), stories dropped from past month (5), not much info on diplomacy (4)
      Egypt:nice but few stories (5), don't know much about diplo (4), game attitude avg (4)
      Korea: Postive game attitude! (7), hard to follow your diplomacy [much activity, hard to see a line) (3), nice story posts (5)
      Rome: good game attitude for organising anti-english war (7), your stories suffered a bit compared to last month (5), good game attitude (7) (losing war with a grin on your face)
      England: you failed diplomaticly, war with 5 neighbours! (1), good stories (6) and awesome game attitude when attacked by 5! (7)
      Mali: nice stories, put some images for some colour there! (4), don't know about diplo (4) and you have an above avg attitude (5)
      Russia: good attitude in war vs Byzantium (6), good stories leading up to this war! (7) and congrats on winning the war by diplo (6)

Yes, I also commented on myself, did this only to cover my identity.

Comment

• If the England/Inca war is indeed over I will lower the turn timer back to 14 hours. I think both Russia and Persia agreed that the timer could be lowered. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• Anybody still bored after these few posts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Persia (DoC) View Post
            2. Since the beginning of the game I have tried all the time to help my small neighbors and ballance the game. I do not accept it if right now everybody acts like I am a selfish player anyway.

As far as I am aware the very first civ on the planet to build a second city was Russia. What became of that city? The benevolent Persia stole it in the very first war on the planet.

Russia, who you claim to have bent over backwards to help out all game, was then trapped in the middle between four different civs, stuck with no where to expand to, and stuck with very few cities compared to the rest. For many reasons that was a very important city location for Russia. But I guess part of your strategy to help out small civs is to strangle them in the crib so they become dependent upon your "charity" to survive.

But that is all part of the game. You played it very well and scored an impressive early victory that paved the way for your success since then. To their credit, the Russian player has never whined or complained about you taking such an important city away from them.

Just don't act like you've done so much good for the small civs around you that through force of arms you helped make small in the first place.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I dont think England and Inca are still over but they do take their turns with a good amount of time still left on the clock. Maybe if they were to agree we could lower it to 15hrs.
              The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• Interesting, I skyrocket in game score but drop everywhere else especially diplomacy. Oh well back to planning my rise to power.

Comment

• @Ozzy, apparently you can't see that it's possible that someone both takes a city from another civ in a war, and then follows it up by trying to help the other to recover.

To me that's one of the important parts of diplo gaming.
                  It's both a war game where one can lose, as it's a 'social' game where players help each other.
                  I'm sorry that you're a black/white thinker who can't see that both are possible at the same time.
                  Last edited by Persia (DoC); December 11, 2009, 11:09.
                  Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                  <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• @Persia.

If you really wanted to make yourself look good you should tell more about your part in Britannia's rise from the bottom. Couldn't have done it without ya

Comment

• @Britannia, Thanks!
                      I don't want to look good. I only want to counter the accusations that I'm selfish.

But I'd better stop trying to defend myself, it only makes myself look worse. there's no answer to guys who aren't looking for anything but their own truth anyway.

I'm sorry for flooding the thread with my defense posts.
                      <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• I never said there was anything wrong with invading a neighbor and taking their city. As I said, that is part of the game and you did it very well. Lord knows these games would be more interesting if more people would invade their neighbor and take cities. Good job for having the courage to risk a war, good job being successful, good job for getting a great gain out of taking a neighbor's city.

You've cultivated this bad-boy, evil-civ persona, and I think it is great! Too few civs try to play the bad guy. Everyone tries to pretend to be Mother Teresa, all while going after their own selfish goals. Up to now you've always been honest about playing the bully. I think it is great! More civs should be honest about their role playing in the game. If I were in the game and voting I'd give you lots of attitude points. It takes a lot of courage to play the bully.

So don't misunderstand my comment, there is nothing at all wrong or bad about invading another civ and stealing their city, nothing wrong either with playing the character of a bully. It just isn't very charitable.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Thanks for making that clear. Really appreciated. With this knowledge I'd even say: "Give Ozzy a vote"
                          My msg are just that I'm a bully IG, that doesn't mean that I'm selfish ooc. I have tried to help Russia. Indeed, I did that after I broke them. That's the paradox. The paradox of diplogaming.

Comment

• To those of you that commented in the votes about stories, I appreciate the requests. Unfortunately, my creativity and time prohibit me from posting more than I do with pretty pictures. I do try to stay on top of what's going on around me, but I'm just not a story teller, I'm a gamer.

I saw no comments regarding attitude, yet I got the lowest this month in terms of rating. For those of you that rated me low in this area, please let me know why so that I can improve. I am 100% committed to this game and try very hard to play every turn. I've made a lot of effort diplomatically to work with my neighbors (even if Egypt thinks I was a bit harsh)

Comment

• There is still war between Inca and England. Best that the timer be left as it is 23-24hrs for a couple of more days.

Comment

• Just for the record:

Russia: extra attitude b/c of handling the voucher issue!!
                                What no one knows is that England agreed to trade with Russia a more expensive tech for a cheaper one to fix the Russia mistake.

But hey no body knew

Comment

Working...
                                X