No announcement yet.

Civilisation choice for beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you not allowed to choke people in diplo games. A dog warrior combined with a promoted archer is a killer combo for choking a neighbor. You can screw them over for centuries.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yea, not much choking.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

choking is allowed in Diplo, in fact it is used a lot by some people
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Black Knight 427 View Post
          If the Dutch are the best civ for a beginner who would be second best?
          damn some other beginner took them...

Comment

Didn't know barbs don't generate GG points. Also didn't know the double points inside boarders only applied to the GW. Looks like I have been toying with barbs this whole time unnecessarily.

Comment

They are good to toy with to get your troops up to 10 exp points. I'll send green troops out to the frontier for experience then rotate them back home when they reach 10.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                damn some other beginner took them...

They're not just good for a beginner.
                “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                - Anon

Comment

yes wasnt much left to choose for beginers from the list we had for planned game...

MAybe next time we can organise two lists. one for the weaker and one for the better players.

Comment

MAybe next time we can organise two lists. one for the weaker and one for the better players.
                    Well, FIN civs were banned from what Ozzy considered "expert" players in BtP. Even with this handicap he insisted an "expert" would win the game. I assured him nobody in his list of "experts" was going to win.

And none of them did.
                    Last edited by Pinchak; August 10, 2009, 22:12.

Comment

RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, Ozzy likes to promote himself and a few select others as diplogame Gods, who could conceveably win the game without ever leaveing the ancent era. Of course this would be because of their sheer unmatched skill.

I always have to laugh though when I think back to HOTW7 when Levi the Oracle was rampaging Ozzy the Uber with fleets of ARCHERS of all things. Boy did Ozzy cry like a little beitch OOC (as he always does when the going gets rough).

This by the way is one of my biggest arguments against "limited war" in diplogames. From my observations to date, the interpertation of the concept varies WILDLY depending on who's head is about to be put on a platter.

Limited War = Insurance policy... but only for "experts".

Everyone else can loose capitals, have 80% of their civ wiped out, etc... before OOC "limited war" clause is even mentioned.

Comment

Whine, whine, whine. All Pin does is complain and whine and moan about "vets" or "experts" or "pros" or whatever he calls them who win all the time. Yet I make all sorts of efforts to even the playing field and he mocks me for it. I think all his blubber is nothing more than cover for a personal crusade against me for wounding his pride by beating his ass in HOTW12. I'm pretty tired of the constant sniping. Generally when he crusades against the uneven application of rules of these games I'm pretty much the only one on his side, but he still looks for every opportunity to spit in my face. So fine, you want to keep some childish vendetta going, no problem. I'll start giving it back now instead of just taking it.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Ok guys come on now we are all adults here. No need to become childish over something that happened long ago.

Comment

Ah, but gaming sites like this bring out the child in all of us.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Bit of a BUMP here.

Ozzy compiled a very interesting list of most popular Civs/Traits in Diplo-Games.

What I would like to know is not just how many times people picked a particular Civ but how often that profited them. Obviously player ability will have a huge impact but for all the times FIN has been picked just how many times has a FIN Civ actually won?

In SP I know my favourite Civ/Leader is India/Gandhi followed by the inevitable Inca but I have always enjoyed greatest success with the Byzantines. I know this is MP but for early Civ development the rules remain the same.
                                “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                                - Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X