Beyond the Pit [Pitboss Diplomacy Game] [Organization Thread VI]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will sub for him

Seriously: advance the turn after 24h passed.

Comment

• Maybe we'd better wait till he returned. Maybe something is going on on his side. It's nothing for him to stay away without telling us.

Comment

• Marcos, Marcus, and Custos Marcus Aurelius. CivStats is confusing.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I know, but don't worry Marcus Aurelius is getting very old and may depart soon.

Comment

• Hello, and sorry for the coming question.

Is it possible to do a reload? A mix of alcohol and nagging girl friend made my 100% focus slip to -5%. In this state of confusion I pressed without thinking or looking the yes button in handing over the city of Durango to Sparta, while it should have been Rome.
            I hope this isn’t a too big a problem.

A Dutchman living in one of the Greek City States….. (Damn you ouzo.)

Comment

• It's possible to reload, but I think it's easier to fix it without it. Rome just could take Durango next turn or Sparta will give you back so you can trade it again.

Comment

• I think Japan is right - I cannot believe mighty Rome lose much sleep over waiting an extra turn for Durango.

Comment

• It's not up to me to decide about a reload regarding Durango, since I'm involved.
                  But I can tell that I will, in-character, not give up Durango but use it as a tool in peace negotiations. After all it was Sparta that conquered Durango and gave it to the Maya. Alexander (in jail) would die from the shock if he hears that Durango was given to the Romans by the Mayans! ;-)
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Oldonia/Wyandots: did you do a tech trade at 6/7/09 9:50 am (civstats time)?
                    Oldonia has no vouchers left so that should not really be possible.

I'm sure that we can see it through the fingers but please keep the vouchers in mind!
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• OK i am back and sorry for not playing my turn - long story short i had none/zero access to the net to give an advance notice.

NOW I have been officially double moved by Khmer - he was able to attack/destroy some units thanks to me not moving.

What happened to the Pause rule we had in place if i may ask? I see only one solution and that is to Reload or I will double move to fix the advantage that he has created for himself? Please decide and let me know what i should do?

Thanks

P.S Very disappointed that Khmer didn't had the decency to come here and ask what should he do (wait or pause) in order to stop his double move.

I will not have a player who just some turns ago started a huge fight against me run away with this.
                      Last edited by Pitboss Portugal; June 8, 2009, 04:05.

Comment

• As I saw Khmer missed the last turn too as well as this one ( and there wasnt more turn because we were waiting for you), so it's hardly possible that He double moved. (btw that is the reason why I said to advance: both of you were missing (Khmer is still not around)
                        Last edited by Pitboss Japan; June 8, 2009, 03:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss America View Post
                          Regarding my playing my turns ... I am currently still playing this game.

I'd appreciate it if you give me at least 24hrs to play my turn rather than knocking me out at the beginning of the timer.

If there is a delay more than that it is because I am extremely busy at work right now and I just don't have time to play every day. Sorry that is the reality of life.

On those days just play my turn to advance it. I seem to be hitting 1 in 2 turns right now.

My comments about End-Turning someone at the start was actually referring to the English, who NEVER play their Turn, as CivStats made it look as though this was being done to you. You usually do play your Turn and I wouldn't suggest it to be right for you, anymore than Celts, to have this done to them.

I do still believe that it should happen to England, as nobody is prepared to agree to kicking them to AI, as they are now nothing but a PitA who prevent the clock flipping long after everyone else has actually played. They cannot even be 'In-Game' subbed with all this War, more to come, flying around. There's not a single neutral, even Wyandot and Oldonia have awoken from slumber, left in the Game!
                          “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                          - Anon

Comment

• You are mistaking Japan, Khmer took his turn on the 6/6/09 I didn't. That was the double move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Portugal View Post
                              You are mistaking Japan, Khmer took his turn on the 6/6/09 I didn't. That was the double move.

Khmer are not at fault for that. I believe Robert contacted them via email/cellphone to ask them if they could play so that they might not also lose a Turn. They were waiting so it was not a case of a malicious double-move on their part.
                              “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                              - Anon

Comment

• Let's Pause.

We have now had two requests for reloads - Maya and Portugal.

The evidence from every single dispute in the past is that we must pause while we sort it out. The doesn't prejudge whether we then reload or not, just that it all gets very ugly if we keep on going while there is a dispute.

Comment

Working...
                                X