Clear All

vote@diplo.plomp.eu

Is that wrong?

Comment

That's correct. Please send again.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

request: as I see by now (GMT 23h) everyone (those who usualy plays) had finished his turn. Can i ask that tomorrow advance the turn at this time (or +1-2h) if no one objects? Ofc if someone couldnt play because of this then ignore it, then i will ask Robert to sub for me.

Comment

I agree. A good global war has seen a great improvement in Turn Time and the only one now holding the clock back is England.
          “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
          - Anon

Comment

Looks like either the server's crashed. Lost connection and cannot re-connect.
            - Anon

Comment

It's still up.....
              (I'm not at home, but as far as I can see from here there are no problems)

Comment

And while it seems he hasn't actually checked out the thread in months... Happy Birthday MMC!
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Yep, seems ok now Robert. Still can't actually get in as I can never get passed that bloody Roman firewall!
                  - Anon

Comment

"Hah, our newly improved firewall built from the burnt out hulks of Spartan tanks has kept those Russians out for once. No longer will they boot us mid-turn." cackled Marcus Custard of Rome.

"But sir, they are our allies"

"Oh, right, yes, ok, 'sorry Russia'".

Comment

Mr Plomp, Please can you do the same with England as you do with America and just 'End Turn' them at the start. Basically everyone but England IS playing their Turns now apart from England. England is irrelevent in any way to the Game and should not stop the clock from flipping due to MMC's disinterest.

Comment

@Japan: I'm sorry, can't end the turn now, too many civs didn't play yet.

@Russia: I don't end America's turns at the beginning of the turn. America is playing it's turn himself. Sometimes I end it at the end of the turn, I do the same with England. I don't think that ending their turn at the beginning is very fair. But you're right, it seems like England stopped playing again

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                          @Japan: I'm sorry, can't end the turn now, too many civs didn't play yet.
                          Fair enough, fortunately i can play tomorrow, it seems i will miss out the next weekend + the following monday, tuesday though.. (dont plan any nasty against me for that time )

Comment

What's up with Portugal? He still didn't play.

Two more days for voting!
                            Voted so far:

Sparta
                            Maya
                            Spain
                            Celts
                            Russia

Celts also voted for the past month about 3,5 weeks ago, I'll include those votes for this month and count the votes Celtia received for the last month as well.

Comment

Those are normal vassals.
                              I'd say there should be room for both normal vassals and capitulated vassals.

To a nation it can be interesting to capitulate. Of course it should be aware of the full concequences of their decision. But another nation cannot start a "capitulate or die" war.
                              Things should be reasonable. But perhaps a master and slave can arrange something that makes it interesting for both to end the war with a capitulation.

So a war can end with:
                              - normal peace
                              - peace at a price
                              - civ a lost some cities to civ b
                              - vassalage
                              - capitulation

You do realize that a capitulated civ can still become free if it looses 50% of its territory? (if I remember right)
                              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

yes I do

BTW, I think there are two ways to end a capitulation-vassalage:
                                1. when the vassal loses 50% of it's land or population during a war.
                                2. If the master demands something and the vassal rejects.
                                There's a 3rd option: if the master becomes a vassal of a 3rd civ.
                                I'm thinking about becoming a vassal of Rome temporarily to free Japan.

Comment

Working...
                                X