Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Korea and Maya admit to making a few mistakes in their moves after 1635 that they are happy to repeat?

I.e play out their original strategy without the benefit of hindsight?

Comment

What is there to lose by re-hosting and playing on from 1635?

When I gave up the GE (my way to cooperate) I lost everything of the dispute.
      To me there was no difference between a reload and giving up the GE, since reloading factually just meant: lose the GE, that's all.

I accepted total loss back then, and continued again, expecting to be hitted very hard.

Then Maya/Korea made some mistakes. (pausing invasion for false peace negotiations, making wrong landing, not killing GE, missing turn) which made them go back to the 'reload' option.

If we reload they can fix all their errors.
      This reload has nothing to do with the double move anymore. The double-move has been corrected by me giving up the GE.
      This reload is to fix their mistakes. And they manipulate it in such a way that it is like they were damaged because of the double move, which is nonsense becuase the DM only damaged them by me keeping the GE, which I gave up after the judges decided.

I died when I had to give up the GE since I lost the entire dispute back then, which I accepted.
      Then I continued, accepted my total loss, and now they just want me to die the same dead again because they made some mistakes, though this time the dead is worse because I'm sure that they will not make these mistakes again.

And to be very honest, if this is really what Pinchak wants, then we should reload turn 1185 or something, when he double moved on Rome.
      Or even better; 3050BC when he double moved on Korea.

If we reload and Korea and Maya promise to make the same mistakes, then we'll just be where we are right now.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

But those mistakes were influenced by the OOC disagreements.

If they had played out their strategy and hadn't shot themselves in the foot over the cheating allegation, none of this would have happened. There was a mood of sympathy for Cyber which corrupted this history.

Comment

Wow. I can't believe this is happening here. I had really high hopes for this game and it has collapsed into the same petty arguements as many other games I play on another forum.

Thank you CS for hosting. I'm not sure I understand all that went on but I don't think you cheated. Your only fault was that in being involved in this issue you should have passed judgement to someone else. I didn't agree with the reload, not that it matters.

Thank you all you vets for a interesting story thread when I had time to read it. I had no chance of winning but it was an interesting game to participate in while it lasted.

This is my retirement from the game ... I'm leaving in support of CS.

I'll likely not play in another diplogame if this is how they go down.

Roosevelt aka WarningU2 (a noob to diplogaming)

Comment

But those mistakes were influenced by the OOC disagreements.

No. They were in-game mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss America View Post
              Wow. I can't believe this is happening here. I had really high hopes for this game and it has collapsed into the same petty arguements as many other games I play on another forum.

Thank you CS for hosting. I'm not sure I understand all that went on but I don't think you cheated. Your only fault was that in being involved in this issue you should have passed judgement to someone else. I didn't agree with the reload, not that it matters.

Thank you all you vets for a interesting story thread when I had time to read it. I had no chance of winning but it was an interesting game to participate in while it lasted.

WTF Another one? Guys (you know who you are) I am so ****ing pissed with you right now. I may not be an active diplo player but it hurts me a lot to see how one argument is ruining a game and perhaps the diplo genre as a whole.
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

CyberShy load the game from the last turn lets play on!!! We can save this baby!!
                Last edited by Toni; March 10, 2009, 08:46.

Comment

To all who want to continue playing, the game will be loaded from the last turn 1665. Yes some of you will not like that but you need to live with it. If you have a problem you know where the door is.

15 players will not stand for this fight we want to play and solve the problems in game.

I have asked CyberShy to load the game so we can go back to normality. All that can be done will be done in game. Enough with this OOC cursing and cheating. Grow up this is a game!

CyberShy has offered enough to fix the issues. This is his game, he organized it he got all of us together. For 8 months he has been the one who fixed our sh..ts and kept us going. I do not expect you all to love him, so if you have a problem with the man please leave. Start your own game and play with your own kind.

Again i will not have somebody destroy this game. We all have put much into it for it to go out like that NOOOO WAY.

CyberShy please load the game and lets prove that the Diplo community stands for something more.
                  Last edited by Toni; March 10, 2009, 09:38.

Comment

If people want to continue from 1665 on, AND a chance of rules (the rules I proposed a few days ago, which can of course be edited/corrected if needed), then I'm willing to load the game and continue.

I am also willing to compensate The Capo for the turn he lost last weekend by bringing down my defence of Knossos once again.

If we continue we must vote on a new leader. I can obviously not be the game leader anymore. I can technically host it, but I understand very well that I have lost (for now) support to be the game leader.

Comment

Thank you CyberShy for going out of your way to FIX things. Lets continue this brilliant game!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss America View Post

No, say it isn't so. I need my good neighbor back. I don't need America re-electing W to search my country for new-kler weapons.

Comment

Whoever decides to host, can you make the game available with a 36 hour timer ASAP. The longer we wait to restart, the more people we are going to lose. There are 2 gone now, possibly 3 if Cyber decides not to host. I'm willing to wait it out, only because I have nothing better to do at the moment.

Comment

TO CELTS:

No, say it isn't so. I need my good neighbor back. I don't need America re-electing W to search my country for new-kler weapons.
                            I have contacted America he will be back!! Also i have send letters to all parties and asked them to post here.

THIS GAME WILL BE LOADED IN THE NEXT coupe of hrs

Comment

I also ask with much respect that we load the game and continue playing.

Comment

If majority agrees I will host this game as soon as I'm home (couple of hours)

But
                                #1 decide on a leader. A leader is needed in this kinda situations. And all players must promise on before hand to accept the decision of the leader in these situations. The leader must promise to investigate a situation before he judges

#2 make clear double move rules (or remove it alltogether). I have made a proposal (see start post of this thread)

You can also decide to continue the game from 1635 on, I have provided all info to MMC to continue this game. He must then host.

Comment

Working...
                                X