This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't worrry.

As a neutral party I can sub for Spain. Is there a passord?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
      Seriously? There's like 16 hours per day for you to play.
      Possible solutions:
      - Ask Ozzy to switch turn order
      - if that's not possible then I'm willing to extend the turn timer with 6 hours for the duration of the war.
      The main problem is that I missed the crucial early part of thr war, due to real life issues and as a result I was not able to play the turn war was declared and that meant I was not able to go first and that would eliminate the problem, since I am at a more advanced timeslot. It meant that things that i wanted to do early on were not possible and that caused me serious problems. Extending the timer would be good.

Comment

• I'll extend the time from the next turn on.
        IMHO, if you missed last turn you can go first during this turn, but that's only my opinion.

A, B
        A
        B, A

is not a double move!!
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Khmer, you play for England, right?

Comment

• :d

Comment

• @Spain: I don't really understand why can't you play your turns: There are only two players involved in the war (yet-when more join it can become complicated).
              If you can play two times a day (before work and after work) then surely you can find a period where either your opponent already moved or that 6 hours already passed.

Here is a suggestion btw: Most people can play civ in the same time every day- it would save us much headache if we could set the timer to advance in the same time always. So at least during war -especially when many civs are involved -we should set the timer to 24h.
              i'd really like if we could set the timer for 12h in peace and changing it to 24h as soon as war declared. It would speed up the game But i'm not sure everyone is able to play two times per day.
              (I know that the 24h/12h timer wouldnt be perfect because there are delays when players are joining the game or when the server is temporary down. The best would if the turn would advance always in a fix time 12:00 GMT or something like that..I don't know if it could be set like this)

Comment

• - When all players end their turn the turn advances immediately, breaking the entire 24h scheme
                - Not everybody can always move at the same moment every day.
                - I think it's working fine, if it's not, make a request, like I suggested to Spain.
                - speeding up the turns would be very good to me. But we've been there in the past. For some it's not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                  - Not everybody can always move at the same moment every day.
                  It doesnt need to be the same moment, it'd just make keeping the turn order much easier.

"When all players end their turn the turn advances immediately, breaking the entire 24h scheme"

but if we had one player who wouldn't press end turn ... Anyway i just wondered whether the timer could be set to advance in a fix time and not after x hours.

Comment

• Anyway i just wondered whether the timer could be set to advance in a fix time and not after x hours.

No, that's technically not possible.

Comment

• Why not? Set the clock to 24hrs and it will be fine. MMC never plays his Turns and Vikings have missed last 4/5 so we are always going to get to the end.
                      “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                      - Anon

Comment

• 24h game time <> 24h real time
                        Not to mention that I'm against slowing down the timer permanently. The game is slow enough imho.

Comment

• I am against any changes in the timer.

If you are playing this gtame you have plenty of time to play your turn or find a sub. This is the practice here.

Comment

• In truth I agree with Khmer. Everyone one of us has a life to lead outside MP Games but in peace time anyone should be able to move inside the clock. Again, everyone will miss the odd Turn but unless you are at War it is not a disaster.

You can always find a compromise as if you only can play your Turn between 19.00 - 22.00 local time and that will disrupt Turn Order/6hr Rule then an accomodation can be reached on extending the Timer or using a Pause.

Comment

• Well the problem is that for most of the time If I were to follow Indi, it would mean that it would happen when I am either asleep or at work, but if the timer is good for him and he can play early, then it will be better

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Spain View Post
                                Well the problem is that for most of the time If I were to follow Indi, it would mean that it would happen when I am either asleep or at work, but if the timer is good for him and he can play early, then it will be better
                                You agreed to play BTP so why are you being so difficult?

You are at a point in the game when you can be at your diplomatic/story best. Go for it!

Do something wild like ditch Portugal, backstab the b@stards that rode on your back and embrace the truth of Meduian...

Comment

Working...
                                X