Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would be nice if England and America could finish their turns once in awhile.

Everytime I log in with less then 8 hours left it is these two left to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinchak View Post
      It would be nice if England and America could finish their turns once in awhile.

Everytime I log in with less then 8 hours left it is these two left to play.
      I agree! It's alright queueing when you have nothing else to do on a Turn but at least login and end-end-turn to let it progress.
      “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
      - Anon

Comment

• Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Pinchak!

What's our Birthday Boy doing posting messages grouching about slow play play when he should be out gatting hammered?

Have a lovely day!

Cheers, FF
        - Anon

Comment

• July 6th is my birthday.

Thanks all the same for the emote party!

Although it does creep me out slightly that you were aware of my profile posted B-day.

*checks under bed for Friendly Fire*

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinchak View Post
            July 6th is my birthday.

Thanks all the same for the emote party!

Although it does creep me out slightly that you were aware of my profile posted B-day.

*checks under bed for Friendly Fire*
            But remember I am English and therefore believe and trust however naiively! If Poly says it's your Birthday I believe it

I should have doubted the 32 but you never can tell!

Must be lucky with 6th July as you got a full day to sober up from Indy Day!
            - Anon

Comment

• We don't get drunk in Indy Day, we burn effigies of our British colonial oppressors!
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                We don't get drunk in Indy Day, we burn effigies of our British colonial oppressors!

I understand the effigies but why the abstinance? It always has been more fun to burn a witch when you've had a few pints than stone cold sober!
                - Anon

Comment

• Only TWO more days for voting!
                  All please send in your votes.

I've received votes from:
                  Russia
                  Sparta

We vote for the March Story Thread
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I've been unable to connect for two days now. Is the game down?

Comment

• No, it's up and running. civstats also has no problems. Other players have been able to connect. What error msg do you receive? Is your port open? 2062

Comment

• It would never connect. I just tried again and was able to take my turn.

Comment

• I'm glad you got in!

Tomorrow (thursday April 9th) is the last day for voting!
                          - Sparta
                          - Russia
                          - Japan
                          - Celts

Comment

• If no-one else is voting can you change mine to straight 3's for me in all Cat's?

Originally posted by CyberShy View Post
                            I'm glad you got in!

Tomorrow (thursday April 9th) is the last day for voting!
                            - Sparta
                            - Russia
                            - Japan
                            - Celts
                            - Anon

Comment

• There is some talk in the story thread about in the story thread about rules concerning nuclear first strike.

If these rules are in game (in form of treaties or agreements) they are acceptable. If they are a out of character agreement they are problematic.

Nuclear weapons are neutered as it is in Civ4 no need to limit their usefulness further. Yes a massive first strike will greatly reduce a nations ability to wage war but this is not game breaking. All nations should factor this in and it is easily solved by nuclear nations maintaing second strike capability... if they don't they can't cry foul no more than a nation that would leave its cities ungarrisoned.

Overall MAD and nuclear weapons are fun and the cold war-like dynamics that could develop would be very entertaining.

Again in game treaties and bans are ok, but they aren't reallly effective.
                              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• I agree with the post above, we shouldnt limit the use of nuclear strikes with artifical rules, lets solve this with in game treaties- or fail and see what happens
                                ((in this kind of game spying is too easy on the other because no one can defend himself against all the others- hiding a nuclear arsenal is quite impossible))

Comment

Working...
                                X