Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Khmer next time end your turn when you get in the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Portugal View Post
      Sorry Khmer, but why didn't you end your turn when you where in the game already some hrs ago?
      I got kicked and was busy. It's a common phenomenon I notice...

I'll wait till it's up thanks Cyber.

Comment

Well Khmer next time end your turn when you get in the first time.
        I beg your pardon?

Comment

• Just installed BtS, now installing the 3.17 patch
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Tidings!

Comment

• Ok, game's up again.
              I'm right now checking if everything is fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy View Post
                So Japan has New Spartan Japanese cities to offer. Who wants them?
                I also got 2 new portugal cities if anyone wants them.

Comment

• OK, thanks. I finished but then got discoed again. I think it might be my end. Investigating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan View Post
                    I also got 2 new portugal cities if anyone wants them.

Maybe try and develop a few stories here guys.

It's looking a bit, er, contrived...

Comment

• I also got 2 new portugal cities if anyone wants them.
                      Japan do not forget that Portugal helped Piercia build these cities by giving them 2 settlers, there was some deals made between the two of us. Also as you know very well thanks to us those cities are still alive, we have units defending the new empty settlements.

P.S That land was given by us to aid Piercia, the new owner will have to contact us.

Comment

Japan do not forget that Portugal helped Piercia build these cities by giving them 2 settlers, there was some deals made between the two of us. Also as you know very well thanks to us those cities are still alive, we have units defending the new empty settlements.

P.S That land was given by us to aid Piercia, the new owner will have to contact us.
                        That sounds like an Ic problem not an OOC problem.

Comment

• I haven't spoken to Russia about this, but I think that the old Piercian cities in New Portugal ought to go to Russia. Long ago Portugal offered land on NP to Russia, but the old Russian leader never took it up. And Russia is Piericans ally in the Pax Romana, and the current revolution in Russia could easily be storied to spread to land in NP. Also those cities woudl be relatively close to Russia so it is probably a realistic option for Russia, and Russia is pressured for space, and while it is not at the bottom of the heap its not at the top, and finally, if Pierica had been handed over to the AI RUssia would have (i guess) got lots of the land, so its some compensastion for the way things have been done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Khmer View Post

That's because it is contrived and I cannot see how anyone can construct a vaguely credible storyline for it. How does anyone explain a nation doubling in size overnight absorbing a far larger rival without any kind of build up? You also have a situation where Japan, which is within reasonable range of New Portugal and New Sparta, gains so much whilst others, including Russia so self interest not denied, who cannot hope to grow other than by war will find themselves disadvantaged in land and population by this.

It would have been vastly more believable to kill off Korea and give the Maya all the cities and troops in a sort of "Greater Mayan Federal State". At least that could be explained in game storyline terms, 'Union of brothers in arms - one last chance against Spartan power!' is not too far fetched, and also Korea will be a lot tougher to sell to a sub than Persia. It need also be noted that a Korea subbed by by the Maya alters the odds in the existing war. The 6hr rule is suddenly replaced by the ability to conduct very well co-ordinated attacks. Maya hits hard weakening a Spartan army or city badly and then logs straight back in as Korea and, legally, finishes them off with fresh troops giving no time for recovery or reinforcement of the defenders!

Final point is that Piercia did offer to continue until a sub was found so we could have waited for a reasonable time to get a sub in to run a viable civ in a pretty tranquil part of the world. Capo has 99% certainly gone leaving Korea, weaker civ, engaged in an on-going war. Worst comes to worst Persia could be placed under AI without too much impact on the game but Korea cannot. We end up with a fudge both North and South now!
                            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                            - Anon

Comment

• @FF: It's not much of a problem, Sparta had moved first this turn, after that it's up to Korea and Maya. Since they are allies they would most probably coordinate things anyway.

Regarding the Piercian cities, I think that we first need an OOC solution and then the involved parties mus make an IG storyline about it.

There are 3 cities up for grabbing, 2 in NP and 1 in NS.
                              If nobody wants them.... Japan can keep them.
                              I'd say that everbody excluding the top-civs can apply for them.
                              Applying civs can concider themselves if they are top-civs or not

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Khmer View Post

Originally posted by CyberShy View Post
                                @FF: It's not much of a problem, Sparta had moved first this turn, after that it's up to Korea and Maya. Since they are allies they would most probably coordinate things anyway.

Regarding the Piercian cities, I think that we first need an OOC solution and then the involved parties mus make an IG storyline about it.

There are 3 cities up for grabbing, 2 in NP and 1 in NS.
                                If nobody wants them.... Japan can keep them.
                                I'd say that everbody excluding the top-civs can apply for them.
                                Applying civs can concider themselves if they are top-civs or not
                                A) I think you miss the difference between allies co-operating, they still will disagree on targets/tactics/troops, and 1 playing 2 civs. One way you have 2 civs still each having their own aims attacking as allies but with still the fear that 1 will make peace and stab the other in the back with a killer blow. 1 playing 2 civs knows that they are safe from betrayal and the co-ordination of attacks will be precise. Who gets Knossos? I know targets may have changed so only a possible example. It matters with 2 civs but with 1 playing 2 it doesn't matter at all so only military tactics apply! Also YOU should remember that Pinchak is a very much better player than Capo and even though I know that you are very confident of quick victory I think you will be hurt a lot more badly, despite your tech advantages, than you do! I thought that at the start with 2 attacking you and am surer now.

B) Russia is the biggest loser of this deal and even with all 3 cities will remain having gained very little compared with Japan. How can you compare 3 small overseas colonies that will cost gold to run for many rounds and require a lot of development with size 20 cities with massive resourses already developed? Of the smaller civs Russia is probably the only one that could take them on as the really tiny civs are far distant and probably could not afford the running costs. As the civ with nowhere else to go peacefully I reckon the NP cities plus 2 in old Persia should come her way.

BTW. I am prepared to negotiate.
                                “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                                - Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X