Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beyond the Pit [Pitboss Diplomacy Game] [Story Thread] . PART 7 (February 2009)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond the Pit [Pitboss Diplomacy Game] [Story Thread] . PART 7 (February 2009)

This is the Story and Diplomacy Thread for the Pitboss Diplomacy Game: Beyond the Pit (April 2009)

Only use Anonymous Pitboss Diplo Game Accounts to post messages in this thread!
    Other messages will be removed!
    Use the organization thread for non-story/diplomacy messages.

Visitors, spectators, audiences, etc. are obviously welcome to read this thread, and comment in it, even without a special pitboss login.

Important links:
    CivStats for this game
    gmail login for this game

Story Thread Part 1 (July-August)
    Story Thread Part 2 (September)
    Story Thread Part 3 (October)
    Story Thread Part 4 (November)
    Story Thread Part 5 (December 2008)
    Story Thread Part 6 (January 2009)
    Story Thread Part 7 (February 2009)
    Story Thread Part 8 (March 2009)
    Story Thread Part 9 (April 2009)

Organisation Thread (Part 1)
    Organisation Thread (Part 2)
    Organisation Thread (Part 3)
    Organisation Thread (Part 4)
    Organisation Thread (Part 5)
    Organisation Thread (Part 6)

Tech Trade Thread
    LOGOUT (to login with your real or pitboss account)

IP: plomp.eu:2062
    Last edited by Robert; May 29, 2009, 15:40.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

To: Chief Tarhe of the Wyandot Nation

Greetings, neighbour,

Thank you for your clarification. I don't doubt you will handle the situation with honor and I trust you for returning them to their rightful owner at the end of this disaster.

I know my citizens will be well treated during your regency. Please do your best to avoid any cruelties the roman troops could be up to.

Aun'O Es'Ther Per'Hyl

Comment

The Kor'Shi, n°2 : The Per'Shi-Ar Headquarters

Pierced Hill, 05.09.1485, The piercian intelligence service Per'Shi-Ar has been granted the means to double it's effectiveness. A citadel for the greatest spies of the Kor has been built in our capital. The original plans came from the Kor'O, who passed away three weeks before the site has been finished at the respectable age of 94 years. May the spirits have her soul.

Both Kor'El Kha'Lor Wild Kho'Per and Kor'Vre Ha'Tun Por'Per have been nominated as her successors. The final decision will be taken in the coming weeks.

OOC : This means that I have built Scotland Yard in my capital, just in case this isn't obvious.

Comment

Cancellation of our Wine deal with Sparta

To the Spartans

From the Khmer

Here forthwith we require to cancel our Wine trade from Sparta.

The last shipment we received was quite sour. We believe it had been off loaded at Barcelona from the Danais, rather than Sushi city. From Barcelona it took some time to reach us and the Spanish delivery crew were quite drunk and ill from pilfering the cargoe.

What arrived in Khmer was emptied into the sea, which did turn a violet shade of putridity.

Also, we do not understand the exact route the Danais has taken with Barcelona being visted in between several Spartan visits to our Northern Meduian friends.

Maybe this longer than necessary sea voyage explains the condition of the wine.

Some other matters have come to light regarding Spartan transparency in the recent dialog on map trading. We are investigating certain irregularities and will inform you of any outcomes.

ooc - not yet cancelled in-game until Sparta plays turn
        Last edited by Guest; February 2, 2009, 06:02.

Comment

To the Khmer,

Wine does not get sour, especially not Spartan wine.
          Nor did we transport our wine with the Danais. Someone has pulled a joke on you, and you apparently felled for it with you eyes wide open.
          The end of our trade has been accepted.

We do understand that you are on war-course.
          Nothing say or offer can make you chance that direction. You don't even answer our messages.

We'll keep both eyes on you, mister warmonger and suppressor.

Orestes

Comment

No, it is true. The wine was corked and the Khmer call that sour.

Did you not know it was on the Danais?

Why this talk of war when Khmer speak of Wine?

We do not cancel other trades and maintain Open Borders but your harsh words may cause a re-think.

My fathers ancient wars are from another time. This is now and the world has changed.

I, Suryavarman 3, have not talked at all harshly with Sparta.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss Greece View Post
              To the Khmer,
              -You don't even answer our messages.
              Ah, Khmer did, in their own way but Sparta would not understand this.

Take care to discriminate between Suryavarman 2 and Suryavarman 3.
              Last edited by Guest; February 2, 2009, 07:02.

Comment

Dear Orestes

I have accepted your invitation to come over to Athens . We have much to talk about. I will be arriving in 2 days.

Xristo

Comment

To: Bak Moon, Imperial Foreign Minister of Korea

Greetings friend!

My people are nearly done completing the Korean settlement at New Portugal. Portugal has secured the location and is in the process of gating the new community. Please expect an official request for transfer of ownership in 3 cycles.

Bak Moon Portugal is prepared to send security forces to defend your people from barbarians.

Best,

Xristo

Comment

TO: Xristo of Portugal

Honorable Xristo;

Greetings from Korea. We are pleased to hear from you, and are just as pleased to inform you that two Korean ships are being prepared to transport soldiers, workers, and colonists to the new territory. We thank you for your friendship and are eternally grateful for what you have done. In honor of our agremeents we hope that Korea's position in New Portugal will help to establish security and order upon the continent.

I do write back to ask that you read and support the proposal of our ambassador to Rome, the Monk Kukai. He was among the scouts you may have spotted in northern Rome/southwestern Portugal. Word has it that he is nearly prepared to offer a proposal to the Romans, Piercians and Russians (as well as the Wyandot who have become part and parcel to this negotiation) that we believe will be well accepted by all parties to the troubles in that region. Of course you will read it beforehand, but I am sure you will find that it will be an agreeable outcome that will limit the animosity that may exist between those nations.

As always; thank you for your precious time.

- Bak Moon, Imperial Foreign Minister of Korea
                    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Emperor Gojong and King Orestes were dining together in the great hall of the Gojong Castle.

"This is the most beautiful caste I have ever seen!" Emperor Gojong said.
                      "Thanks, dear friend. It was especially constructed for you to make you feel like home" Orestes answered.
                      "The atmosphere is.... breath taking!" Gojong said.
                      "I hope it'll be a home for you, as often as you desire! It's very close to Sparta City! And you can bath in the river, down the hill!"
                      "The location is excellent indeed!" Gojong smiled. "In return I want to offer you to use Korean Canal for the period of my reign!"

"Thanks!" Orestes said, a bit suprised!
                      "Thanks again! This canal is of great use to move my fleet from the Southern Ocean to the Inner Sea!" Orestes said thankfully.

"Korea must formally apologize for all the things said and done by my predecessor, Emperor Sejong" Gojong then suddenly said.

Orestes was shocked!
                      Sparta and Korea had been driven apart during the Spartan-Roman wars. Both nations may have been to blame for that. Now Korea formally apologized.

"This is a great day for the Spartan-Korean relations!" Orestes said!
                      "But it is not you, my friend, who must apologize. It is me, in the name of Sparta, to apologize for the pressure we have laid on you! We did not have the right!"

"Yes, you did." Gojong said.
                      "During wartimes you should be able to count on your friends, but we did not answer you"

"No, my friend. It was Sparta's choice to go to war. We had no right to pull you into our conflict!" Orestes claimed.

"You were right!" Gojong said, when slamming his fist on the table
                      "Sparta was wrong" Orestes said with some anger in his voice.

Then both men suddenly started to laugh.
                      "We were both wrong" Gojong then said. "But those days are behind us now! Let's rebuild the Korean-Spartan relations again!" Orestes whispered, while standing up to shake Gojong's hands.
                      Then both men hugged each other. It was a hug between Sparta and Korea.
                      Some said that it was like Lacedaemon and General Bae hugging in ancient times.

"Did you know that General Bae had a house, not far from here?" Orestes asked.
                      "No, I did not. Can I visit it?" Gojong asked.

Then both men left the castle. While walking through the hills, they talked about international politics.
                      "I hope that you are willing to sign the anti-emancipation treaty." Orestes said.
                      "Sparta will compensate you if you have to end resource deals because of the treaty. We have pleny of resources, and behind the scenes there are more nations negotiating with me to enter the treaty. Together we can supply each other with all resources we need, if we have to boycot some Emancipation-Nations"

"I will consider it, but who are those other nations?" Gojong said.
                      "I can't tell you right now. But expect news about this very soon!" Orestes replied.

"New Sparta..." Gojong said
                      "Is there place for Korea on New Sparta?"

"Yes, there is!" Orestes said!
                      "You are free to settler new Sparta in the North-East!

"What are your terms?" Gojong asked.
                      "There are no terms for Korea! Just stay in the North East, I'll send you maps to make the territory clear. But you can settle it without having to pay anything! Sparta will send many armies to defend it against barbarian armies that may claim the lands as well."

"Do you expect other nations to lay a claim on our territory on New Sparta?" Gojong asked.
                      "No, I don't. I don't see why any civil nation would try to grab land from friendly and civilized people like the Koreans!"

"But the barbarians...." Gojong replied.
                      "We can never be sure about Barbarian nations. That's why I'll send some armies."

Both men continued to walk.
                      They enjoyed the view over the desert, the river, the mountain.
                      They talked about everything and anything.

When they arrived at the old Bae House, Emperor Gojong asked if he could stay there alone for a while. "I want to connect with the past" he said. "Let me be all by myself here, and meditate! It'll help me to decide upon the Anti Emancipation pact."

"Take all the time you need." Orestes said. "I'll post some guards, not far from here. Out of sight. They'll protect you if needed. I'll wait for you in Sparta"

Then Orestes walked away, after shaking Gojong's hands intense.

Comment

To the Piercians.

Leaders of Piercia,
                        Sparta officially withdraws all political support we have supplied to your case from now on.
                        We have tried to support your claim on some of the cities occupied by the Romans.
                        We have tried to find ways for Piercia to regain it's strength.
                        But Piercia has never expressed any gratitude or appreciation to the Spartan help.
                        Neither have the Piercians even contacted us or asked us for advise or help.
                        Neither did you sign the Emancipation Treaty or did you shown any other form of support to Sparta.

No, Piercia decided to be very stubborn against the Romans, despite being fully to blame themselves for the current situation.
                        Sparta cannot support such a nation in any way, and therefore retracts all it's support.

Orestes, King of Sparta

Comment

To : Sparta

Very well,

I will cancel all current deals with Sparta, including open borders. You let us down again, and this doesn't surprize me at all. I hope you have been well-payed for this.

Aun'O Es'Ther Per'Hyl

Comment

Kukai, a monk from the Jogyesa Monastery in Seoul and Religious Advisor to the Korean Emperor Gojong, was sent to Rome in order to help negotiate the final peace deal between the Romans and Piercians (the Piercians being formal 'allies' of the Koreans, although not in a military sense). His charge was quite difficult; old rivalries and multiple wars between all involved had defined the proceedings. The Romans didn't trust the Piercians, the Piercians didn't trust the Romans and the Russians didn't trust anyone , it would be quite a difficult negotiation, but the monk had a clear head and was operating from a neutral perspective.

As he travelled throughout the lands (from Piercia, to Rome, to Portugal to Russia, and back) he meditated and thought about a peace that will not only be agreeable to the current nations involved, but one that may also prevent another war from breaking out. The monk travelled to both the capitals of Rome and Piercia and offered the following compromise....

Official Proposal from the Korean Empire

I, the monk Ku Kai of Wonsan, have been comissioned to offer an official proposal regarding the peace deal and end of war between the nation of Piercia and the nations of Rome and Russia. I have the backing and authority of both the Foreign Minsiter Bak Moon and his majesty and Emperor of the heaven and earth Gojong of Silla. Before I get to the final proposal I will report on findings that, I believe, must be brought to light. Only through truth and understanding can true enlightenment be attained, and such is also the case for peace.

I have determined that:
                            • Simply in its form between Rome and Piercia, Russia was the cause of the conflict.
                            • In its greater form; that of the original conflict between Rome and the allied Spartans, Mayans and Piercians, the war was also begun and caused by the Russians.
                            • In its historic form; that of an impasse between Russia and Rome due to subjugation, whether true or percieved, of Russia by Rome. The war was caused by the relationship between the Romans and Russians.
                            • Any attempt to refute these findings is simply political motivation. There is no way a man of historic learning, especially of this area with more extensive knowlege and natural understanding of this regions history, could possibly refute any of these findings.
                            • Initially the war was between Rome and Russia. Russia asked for Piercian help and thus to be vassalized, Piercia obliged to do so. Russia then complained when Piercia made peace with Rome, and forced Piercia into war. Now Russia complains that they were brought into war in the first place, and nobody calls them on it. I call them on it. Russia has been duplicitous, and duplicity in congress with violence and death, with unneeded suffering, is an abomination and a cancer upon this earth.

Having said that, there are a few mistakes that Piercia made as well and I shall list them thusly;
                            • Piercia did in fact conspire to attack Rome, even under the auspices of peace.
                            • Piercia even accepted gifts from Rome while plotting to invade her.
                            • Piercia allowed herself to be used by the duplicitous and disorderly Russians.
                            • Piercia broke a long trust between herself and Rome, who was once an ally of Piercia. There was once a time where Roman and Piercian warrios fought along-side one another.

My purpose here is not to disrespect, or accuse any nation of wrong-doing. Nations work in their better interests and can not be judged based simply on the musings of a lowly monk like myself. However these are all facts. Denying any of this is true WILL NOT help the process of peace. We all know that lies, no matter how small, will eventually result in much suffering and pain. And this is that case. The continuation of this situation will only exacerbate towards more war and revenge. Accepting these findings as past transgressions is the only way we can move on to a proper peace agreement.

FIRSTLY, I propose that the city of Mi'Ting (Meeting in foreign dialects) should remain in Roman control. However the return of that city should never be brought from the table. The citizens of the city are Piercian in origin, so it is only natural that they may wish to challenge the authority of Rome. If the denizens of Piercia forcefully return to Piercia (culture flip) then this should be no cause for war. That said, Piercia should not make designs to recapture the lost city. It was their own carelessness that caused it to fall.

SECONDLY, the Romans should not maintain their occupation of the remainder of their territories. Their so-called ally, Russia (who has shared that title with many other nations, much to their chagrin), has influenced this war. If they seek further reparations they shall go to the Russians. The remainder of the cities (Oath, L'Or and Horse Valley) should revert to Piercian control but only under the following conditions;
                            • Piercia must cede ONE trade voucher or ONE tech to the Romans.
                            • Piercia must sign a non-aggression treaty with Rome and Russia.
                            • The three aforementioned cities, currently occupied by Rome, may not hold Piercian armies. No more than two Piercian garrisons may remain in the city to maintain order.
                            • A three-nation occupation force will be established to maintain defense in these cities and to report to Rome, regularly, on the position of Piercian troops in the area.
                            • The three nations are yet to be determined, but in the interest of fairness I suggest Wyandot, Portugal and Greece.

While this is not exactly what the victors, Rome, have asked for. We believe this is the best way to end this peacefully, and hopefully to ensure future peace in the region. If borders between Rome and Piercia are maintained peacefully, I am confident that these ancient friends can once more join the community of peaceful nations. You can not build a wall (i.e. Wyandot ownership of the border territories) and expect peace to return, only by living alongside one another in peace and prosperity can you learn to trust one another again.

LASTLY, I urge you both to cast a wary eye against Russia. They have once again proven to be duplicitous. Simply because they are small and weaker, does not mean they are to be trusted.

I hope you discuss my proposal, together, for openness is the way towards peace and love. I am going to return to Korea at this point (with my entourage, as well as visit nations along the way) so please send any responses to Foreign Minister Bak Moon. Thank you, and peace be upon you all.

- Ku Kai of Wonsan.
                            "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Aun'O Es'Ther Per'Hyl,

The Piercian empire is in many troubles.
                              It has alienated many nations from itself.
                              It lost many cities.

But still it blames everybody but itself.
                              Maybe it would be better for Piercia and it's people if
                              the Piercian rulers would do some self-research and try
                              to alter their foreign diplomacy.

Sparta wouldn't have ended it's support if Piercia would
                              at least have sent some letters and diplomats to Sparta.

But we can't support a nation that apparently isn't seeking
                              any solutions.

We accept the closing of our borders.

Orestes, King of Sparta

Comment

Working...
                              X