Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that Rome would've been at the #1 or #2 spot if it wouldn't have been in continueing wars for like 500 years
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I know I know, but it wasn't me that started this last one!

Comment

• Maybe it's too early to stat analysing this game already, but some things may no have directly been started by a certain civ, that certain civ may be responsible for it nevertheless.

It's Rome that started the warmongering. Rome attacked Portugal and Russia. It's Rome that angered Greece through diplomacy.
        That's a role you've played (and your predecessor). A good role, imho. But civs wanting to take revenge on you is a result of that.

That's a part of diplogaming. (a natural part, in reality it works the same).

Comment

• Completely agree. Certainly wasn't complaining.

There is a lot of very clever play by other nations who have their own interests in maintaining the idea that Rome is a threat, enticing people to war, keeping the world distracted etc. while they absorb wonder-rich capital cities, keep a tech lead etc., but there is certainly some substance there as well. After all civ means playing to the strengths of your civilisation, and if being imperialistic, organised and with praetorians as a UU doesn't mean expanding to a large empire I am not sure what does.

Though the underlying culture of the game (and maybe its all diplogames) does amuse me. Its as if there is an unwritten rule that everyone should be allowed to build their civ peacefully, and thus the horror at my predecessor launching a war of conquest, continued with me. At the same time, of course, there are threads on here complaining that the game is boring!

I make my bed, and lie in it, and I am having fun ( ), and I hope adding a certain something.

Comment

• You're completely right.
            I'm glad that there is a civ in this game that wants to be the conquerer.
            And yes, others take advantage of that

I love it

Comment

• Has a new player been found for the vikings yet?

Comment

• Yes!
                But he's not doing all his turns

Comment

• That would explain the strange trade he dared offer me.

Comment

• What is it? [/curious modus]

Comment

• corn (which I already have) for gold every turn.

Comment

• Khmer, e-mail the file to me and I'll put it online.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Khmer View Post
                          Take a leaf out of HRE's book. They are doing brilliantly against all criteria.

Japan seems to be having great fun too and working out a path in this game.

And look at the clever power diplomacy and strategies of the Celts and America! They say little but it's quality stuff they are doing.

And even the Metals are working things out for that band of drug addicts
                          Thanks Suryvaraman! And thanks for those who voted for the HRe last month. And my apologies for being quiet as of late. I have been baby-sitting my sister-in-laws house in the country and their two dogs while they were in Hawaii on vacation. They assured me they had a good internet connection.

It was taking me about 10 to 20 attempts a day to connect, and when I did, roughly 15 to 20 minutes to transfer the game data. If this caused problems for CS or others, I apologize. I spent my entire time trying to play this and 2 other pitboss games. Hence, little or no posting, which was just as painful.

I am now back at home and our wonderful hi-speed cable connection.

And I do have things to report, including elimination of the Stinka Empire. The moral support from Japan in this matter is much appreciated. The TIAL RUVAP campaign has been successfully concluded.

Comment

• *EDITED*

I regained my composure regarding my disgust with this website.
                            Last edited by Pinchak; January 21, 2009, 00:00.

Comment

• I Just want to know one thing. Is it me or is everyone else having a hard time with Apoly? Last night I tried to post in the story thread and it never showed up. Also it takes 5-10 tries for me to log into Apoly, which is both making me mad and making me not want to log in at all. Is this happening to anyone else or am I the only one having problems?

Comment

• @Japan: it happens to me as well!
                                Copy your posts into your clipboard (control-c) before you post them!
                                Save them on your desktop (in a notepad txt file) till you see it appear in the thread!
                                (or just keep it in your 'control-c' till you see it)

Comment

Working...
                                X