This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Response to Piercia
    Anyway, I don't think 2 turns would change much. Just think about a possible compromise. If you can't find one, it's a pity, but I will have to accept it. As I said ingame, I don't blame you, I blame my provider

Pierica, I know that now as Meet'ing has fallen, you probably (reasonably) think it is a bit late to respond to your request. But, I would be happy to agree that none of my forces at Meet'ing (or elsewhere) will move further into Piercian territory for two full turns. This gives a moment for you to adjust to what has happened, and look to the defence of the interior. And before anyone says it, this is not just about me having time to heal - with a great medic in the stack and the luck I had in the attack most forces will be healed by my next move, so a 2 turn delay is meaningful.

Not what you wanted, or what you thought was fair I know, but its what I can offer and will do.

Comment

• I hope that you guys notice that I am role playing the real Stalin in WW2, where Rome is obviously Nazi Germany.
      This includes having an allie (Piercia) that is not our friend, but with whom I hope to meet in the middle of Rome (Berlin) ;-)

Of course this includes burning my own cities and fighting Rome (Germany) at all costs (millions of Russians died agains Germany!)

Just hoping that you guys are aware of this ;-)

Comment

• Rome is obviously Nazi Germany.

Yes I got and like the parallel, though I hope I am rather more sensible in how to conduct war, and that your allies realise your true nature rather more quickly than they did in r.l. !

And presumably the Khmer are the Americans, but will Pearl Harbour ever come?

(Though it also reminded me of a speach of a British chieftain Calgacus who said of Rome, slightly later than Augustus, "solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant" - they make a desert, and call it peace.)

Comment

• Persia, you forgot to end your turn.
          Also: The Inca haven't logged in for 12 turns, who's going to sub for them?
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy View Post
            Also: The Inca haven't logged in for 12 turns, who's going to sub for them?
            No one. They have one city left and that will fall in the next turn or two.
            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
            "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Rome View Post
              Rome is obviously Nazi Germany.

Yes I got and like the parallel, though I hope I am rather more sensible in how to conduct war, and that your allies realise your true nature rather more quickly than they did in r.l. !

And presumably the Khmer are the Americans, but will Pearl Harbour ever come?

(Though it also reminded me of a speach of a British chieftain Calgacus who said of Rome, slightly later than Augustus, "solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant" - they make a desert, and call it peace.)
              I know the Japanese player in this game could be described as a little insane (then again, aren't we all? ), but I don't think he's crazy enough to try his luck against the Khmer just yet.
              Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
              "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Not sure I understand the reference to Khymer are the Americans ... but as I am in last I'll take it !

Just kidding. I can empathize with Russian feelings about scoring badly ... but from my perspective how I finish in the game is not important as to the degree of fun I have. And I'm still having fun. I don't feel as I am doing as badly as last though and likely my poor "diplo" score is because I don't post war and peace in the story boards. That is only because I just don't have time for it, not because I don't want to. I presume that if you want to succeed in diplo type games you need to have reserves of stories written up in advance and be prepared to devote an hour or more each turn? Me ... I'm play my turn ... go to work. And I guess it shows ... but I'm still having fun and thats all that is important and am enjoying this game.

Feeling Good In Last Place ... America.

Comment

• perhaps I'm just too cynical to enjoy being trounced by bigger nations
                  Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy View Post
                    The december score update is here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost....0&postcount=74

You have gained 3 positions on the score chart, you share the 14th position with Russia now.

The next score-list update will be somewhere februari 9th or 10th. (after the next voting round)
                    I really don't know how I missed that message. I remember reading everything around it. Can't see the forest for the trees.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss America View Post
                      Not sure I understand the reference to Khymer are the Americans ... but as I am in last I'll take it !

Just kidding. I can empathize with Russian feelings about scoring badly ... but from my perspective how I finish in the game is not important as to the degree of fun I have. And I'm still having fun. I don't feel as I am doing as badly as last though and likely my poor "diplo" score is because I don't post war and peace in the story boards. That is only because I just don't have time for it, not because I don't want to. I presume that if you want to succeed in diplo type games you need to have reserves of stories written up in advance and be prepared to devote an hour or more each turn? Me ... I'm play my turn ... go to work. And I guess it shows ... but I'm still having fun and thats all that is important and am enjoying this game.

Feeling Good In Last Place ... America.
                      I think this is why we make such good neighbors.

Comment

• Rus - I have written up our agreement and pm'ed it to the Rus Pitboss account.

Comment

• I have read it and send my answer to you.
                          I'll soon write story about it.

Comment

• First allow me to say that watching the fall of those wonder stealing Inca has been my favorit part of this game so far. And to set the record straight Yes I am crazy and yes I would attack the Khmer without second thought if they were closer. Luckly for them they are far plus they killed the Inca so they are on my good side.

Comment

• A few more cheers from you guys for Russia being victorious against the Romans would've been very welome!

@LzPrst: playing Russia IS fun!
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Victorious? And I thought lies were only allowed in-game!

But you have certainly proved the point that all this stuff about Russia being completely weak and Rome being a superpower is rubbish. You only have to look at the scores to see that Rome is considerably behind the Portuguese and the Khmer, and only a little ahead of many other nations such as the Greeks, Maya etc., and Russia is no way at the bottom of the heap. Which is why its all about diplomacy. You got some helpful techs from other nations (I know who you are!), turned the conflict on the ground from being one-sided, and were willing to talk. Hey presto, peace and a great future for us both. Russia is certainly a good option for a new player.

to Cyber
                                Last edited by Pitboss Rome; January 17, 2009, 09:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X