Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Further I would appreciate it if you sent me via PM whatever you sent them, or at least post it here. I believe everyone has a right to see that.
    I second that notion.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo View Post
      EDIT: I also think DanQ should be made aware that his moderators regularly are deleting posts that are not inappropriate. I highly disagree with this practice. This pertains to both my posts as well as Cyber's, I don't see the use in doing it, I understand there were good intentions, but good intentions do not make the result inherently good.
      Actually, it should be brought to my attention, since I'm the Forum Admin and I'm in charge of the mods.

If you have a problem with any mods actions, feel free to contact me via PM so that we can discuss it.
      That is the official way of doing it. We do not allow mods actions to be disected in public forums.

Thank You.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Thank you Ozzy.

I fully support what you are doing, both in terms of asking for arbitration and deleting continuing presentation and re-presentation of the arguments online. This is the only realistic way of getting resoution, and the rest of us not having our games ruined. Personally I don't think that now even one party backing down would resolve the issue, since there would still be a lingering sense of 'I was wronged', which knowing how these things happen will only emerge later.

Whichever way the judgement goes, I can imagine that some of those involved will be unhappy, but I hope that the rest of us can agree in advance, before we know the decision, that we will abide by it and insist that the game abides by it.

Comment

• I have a question:

Example:

I have decided secretly to wage war on Rome, so i move my army close to his borders but war hasn't been declared yet in game I am planning to do it next turn. Next turn i log in before Rome and declare war and move my armies into position and you guys are telling me this is not a double move?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Portugal View Post
            I have a question:

Example:

I have decided secretly to wage war on Rome, so i move my army close to his borders but war hasn't been declared yet in game I am planning to do it next turn. Next turn i log in before Rome and declare war and move my armies into position and you guys are telling me this is not a double move?

No, it is not. Especially not according to the rules. Also this is not the same thing at all because my army moved from my territory into his territory without being moved there first (i.e. they were sitting in the same location for multiple turns beforehand) also Cyber knew the army was there, partially because some of his units are part of it, so your comparison is not the same. Not only that but following our rules your move is fine.
            "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Thanks for the answer Capo, know i see where you and Maya are coming from. You are following our double move rule, which only says if you are in war. Nothing is said about being 1st turn in peace and 2nd in war. Pinchak was right to push us to make it more clear, well we didn't thus now we have this huge problem.
              In conclusion

*I think that Capo didn't break the rule we have put forward in our game, thus he didn't do anything wrong.
              *Outside our game this is a 100% double move and all of you know that!! It is ridiculous to think otherwise. If there is someone to blame that is the vague rule we have put forward. I see where CyberShy is coming from, but Capo is not to blame.

Comment

• well I was willing to give in to end the debate and move on. Ozzy asked to wait for the outcome of the arbitrage so I will. I will therefor accept the
                Outcome of the arbitrage anyway. My GE has been putted in a position already where korea can immediately kill it.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I have a question:

Example:

In the classic sense, yes that is a double move.

According to the rule Cyber wrote for this game, it is not a double move.

Unfortunately, despite the rule being flawed as written, it is not right to change it then retroactively apply it. People have formed strategies based on the standard that was posted.

Once this mess is settled, I STRONGLY suggest rewriting the rule. I would be happy to volunteer, as part of my real life job is writing rules, many of which get challenged constantly.

Comment

• Now what are the chances that we just continue playing and have Korea kill that GE? Wouldn't that fix the Cyber move?

Isn't reloading just going to achieve exactly the same thing again, but that will cost as 2 days game time.

Comment

• I think we need someone whose job it is to write rules that aren't challenged.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Portugal
                        I have decided secretly to wage war on Rome

Comment

• What is happening? A triple post - someone delete them please

Comment

• Double post

Comment

• Please could someone just tell me what Capo believes he has lost? What Cyber has lost?

Is this simply a matter of principle or a genuinely game influencing incident?
                              “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                              - Anon

Comment

• we wait for the outcome of the refs. No need to reload. If korea is he can simple kill my GE.

1 question maya. Where does the rule say that both moves of the dm should be during wartime to be illegal?
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X