Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, I'm now going to first save the game, then I'm going to check if if I can reproduce this bug, then I will reload the game from before the thing happened.

The Capo: I brough this thing OOC because I believe that your actions goes against all forms of diplogaming.
    But I'll be ok with you declaring war on me, even without a leadup or something.
    But attacking me with armies I borrowed to you after you begged me to, and I refused a few times first is defenitely beyond all forms of bad form.

And I don't see why I can't story tell about the spartan general that leads the spartan army that I have borrowed to you.
    I know that you wanted to make a storyline where my spartan general would be loyal to you Kim, and then invade Sparta, but I was in time to bend that into the correct direction where the Spartan general would obviously not invade Sparta. I understand that you don't like that, but I just insist that you return my army.

I will not hold the game for that, if you are such a bad form, then I'll deal with that, and I won't punish the others by delaying stuff etc., but I really consider it to be bad form. Worst form. non diplogaming form.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• deleted by cs
      Last edited by Robert; March 1, 2009, 18:29.

Comment

• He said he apologized.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy View Post
          Guys, I'm now going to first save the game, then I'm going to check if if I can reproduce this bug, then I will reload the game from before the thing happened.

The Capo: I brough this thing OOC because I believe that your actions goes against all forms of diplogaming.
          But I'll be ok with you declaring war on me, even without a leadup or something.
          But attacking me with armies I borrowed to you after you begged me to, and I refused a few times first is defenitely beyond all forms of bad form.
          To be honest, I don't think attacking someon with their own unit is bad form, at least not in a OOC Diplo way. Yes, it's bad form for General Kim to use Spartan troops against Sparta, but I don't think it's wrong for Tony to enact this plan. It's basically the ultimate double-cross, and well within the bounds of diplogaming at its finest.

Originally posted by CyberShy View Post
          And I don't see why I can't story tell about the spartan general that leads the spartan army that I have borrowed to you.
          I know that you wanted to make a storyline where my spartan general would be loyal to you Kim, and then invade Sparta, but I was in time to bend that into the correct direction where the Spartan general would obviously not invade Sparta. I understand that you don't like that, but I just insist that you return my army.
          This, I understand... The Spartan player should at least have some say in how Spartan characters are used. For this particular occasion, I think the most you could expect from this General is for him to sit on the sidelines as he's torn between his Patriotism and his Friendship.

Originally posted by CyberShy View Post
          I will not hold the game for that, if you are such a bad form, then I'll deal with that, and I won't punish the others by delaying stuff etc., but I really consider it to be bad form. Worst form. non diplogaming form.
          Again, I don't think it was bad form...

BTW Cyber, the term you're looking for is "loaned". Tony "borrowed" troops from you, but you "loaned" troops to Tony.
          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
          "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Thanks for the english lesson! I'll try to remember 'loaned' from now on.

I've just reproduced the glitch, it's indeed like you guys said.
            A World Map trade offer to Civ X followed by a declaration of war to Civ X without Civ X logging in in between, leads to a World-Map + Cease fire offer to Civ X when he logs in.

I'm going to reload now as close to the problem as possible.
            I'll update here when.

Regarding the 'bad form' thing, etc.
            This debate will not settle OOC, I'll just bring it IC.

I hope that other civs will also react on pure IC base to it, and not like "poor little Korea is going to be destroyed by big Sparta, let me defend them", no, keep it IC then. Fine with me.

Have fun all!
            I'm glad that we could settle this.

Comment

• Autosave 1535 has been reloaded.

Comment

• Game has been RELOADED AGAIN
                I thought that Korea had declared war on me at the end of last turn, but he apparently had not. So now I moved before Korea and the war started. That would not have been a problem, were it not that my Great Engineer moved automaticly. I couldn't help it.

After discussing this with Rome and Ozzy I decided to reload again to avoid another round of *****ing.
                So now I'll wait for Korea to move, after that I will move.

Comment

• He said he apologized.

Wonder what was deleted.

Comment

• Hmm, looking at the reload: this is not the correct save!
                    GRRRRRR, hang on, let me check.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Maya View Post
                      Wonder what was deleted.
                      I asked you to comment on my reaction on your 'map cheat story'.
                      Then Ozzy said that you had apologized.
                      I then read it again and removed my post.

Maybe I'd better should've kept it there.

Comment

• Wait, this is an even better save.
                        It is a save from after Korea declared war (And moved) and before I played my turn. (it's a recovery save from england I think)

I have loaded now and rejected Capo's cease fire.

This is exactly how things would've been if I would not have been offered the cease fire and accepted it.

This is perfect.

Comment

• We have a new story thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?p=5542760

Comment

• Thank you Robert

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Portugal View Post
                              Thank you Robert
                              Indeed.

Good thing I was logged in when the turn flipped
                              Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                              "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• pheww glad that all solved.

i may not be playing or even welcome but i love a good story so am follwoing this closely.

ws a bit surprised to see one post by some one that will remain nameless that accused even myself of having logged in as the koreans and sent the ceasefire.

but all is well that ends well.
                                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                                X