Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is only Russia having server problems all the time? Or do more people experience this?
    I've checked, but Rome is not AI.
    Russia, it's not to blame people. Everybody sometimes forget to press enter. And everyone sometime leaves the game only to return later and finish the turn for a reason.

But you are right, last turn did you indeed end your turn at your first connection.
    PErhaps I posted the msg above while you were just busy playing your turn.

I'm sorry.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Workboats can travel through ocean after a certain tech. Not sure which tech.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• It's Optics. Hover your mouse over a tile of Whales, and look at the required tech.
        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
        "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Don't worry Russia - and the rest of my dear friends and enemies - Augustus may have died but I am definitely still here.

Comment

• All those pictures Sparta - anyone would think we were nearly in voting season but they are amazing - how are they done?

Comment

• I have posted pictures earlier in the month, but indeed, I had no time to put them up earlier, but wanted to have it done before the end of the month

They're done in Corel Photopaint
              First I edit the XML files to put more 'soldiers' in a unit and make them smaller. I make resources disappear (small knights next to big cows is no sight), remove flags, etc.
              Then I use the flying camera in-game to make screenshots from many angels.

Then I decide which to use screenshots, edit out the black background and replace it with some cool background I found on google image search.

That's about it. I think it's 40 minutes per picture, yes I'm a freak. Sometimes I hate the day that I started it, but now I should finish it till the game is over

Thanks for your compliments.

Comment

• Do you keep images on file, for instance do you have a bunch of images for Axemen and Knights and stuff, or do you have to go into the game everytime you make a new photo and get new action shots?

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy View Post
                  Is only Russia having server problems all the time? Or do more people experience this?
                  I've checked, but Rome is not AI.
                  Russia, it's not to blame people. Everybody sometimes forget to press enter. And everyone sometime leaves the game only to return later and finish the turn for a reason.

But you are right, last turn did you indeed end your turn at your first connection.
                  PErhaps I posted the msg above while you were just busy playing your turn.

I'm sorry.
                  I have been having some issues, but they don't occur regularly. Sometimes I can't get in when certain people are playing (which I am sure is common) and sometimes it never "finishes."

Comment

• I make them new every time.
                    Sometimes I just generate an alike world in the world builder and make the shots there.
                    Sometimes I just do it in the game.

Comment

• I want to do that too, when HOTW XII finishes and we start a new Diplogame using my mod it will be even better because the units will all be unique to each civ (for the most part). Good work though. Definitely some votes coming your way.

Comment

• The way you deceived me certainly is worth some votes as well

Comment

• Somebody has some explaining to do!

I DEMAND THIS GAME GET RELOADED TO 1635 AD RIGHT NOW!

I declared war on Greece, and moved units into their territory in 1635. I did so before Greece moved. Then I log in a bit early to see what has happened with Greece's move and to plan out my next move and lo and behold there is a peace treaty that I DID NOT SIGN between Korea and Greece. In fact the game started with the diplomacy prompt up, and Greece offering me Open Borders. There was no cease fire or peace treaty on it, so I was like "What the hell?" then I exit the diplomacy prompt and there is no state of war with us. So I look at the territory that I sent my army into and it is turned around in the other direction. So somebody signed a peace treaty between us that I did not send to him.

I am not going to make any accusations, but I think you all know what I am implying. I don't want to hear any bull**** excuses, I just want the game reloaded to 1635 so I can move before Greece can move. I want everything back like it was with no funny business and this whole situation ends now. This makes absolutely no sense, and I want an explanation from "Greece" as to how this happened right now! I have screen shots of the event log showing that I closed borders with them and declared war in 1635, and also that somehow peace was made in that same year. The funny thing is I ended my turn and then Greece played. So for any of this to make sense I would have had to declare war on Greece, then right after that offer them peace so they can accept it when they logged in and played. And of course all of this would have happened BEFORE I got on Apolyton and made three hours worth of posts about gonig to war with Greece and then another day of Greece posting about how I declared war on them. This makes absolutely no sense. I demand answers right now. Screen shots will be forthcoming as soon as I put them on image shack.

BTW; people should play they turns in the same order on the reload. Therefore I should be able to move BEFORE Greece does. Again, no funny business or the **** is really going to hit the fan.

- Capo.
                          "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• I also demand that all units should be moved the exact same way they were, just in case this was done intentionally to get a reload. Which means I won't kill your Great Engineer on my first move Greece, since I screwed that move up. But don't worry, I'll get him next turn.
                            "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• The units moving back into your territory doesn't necessarily mean someone hijacked your civ... the peace treaty would have automatically moved them outside of Greece's borders.

Also, unless "New Random Seed on Reload" was ticked when this game was setup, replaying the battles after a reload should produce the exact same results, ensuring no unfair advantages.
                              Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                              "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Here is the event log, showing that I not only closed borders with Greece and Cancelled our deals, but then declared war on him. I did so by moving that stack of units you see there into his territory (that tile with the copper on it), notice how they are turned around without moves now.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
                                By diplokorea at 2009-02-28

And here is his Great Engineer that was supposed to be killed, and would be had this not happened:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
                                By diplokorea at 2009-02-28

EDIT: I censored some of the images to hide people's research, and some of my own stuff.
                                Last edited by The Capo; February 28, 2009, 23:02.

One Love.

Comment

Working...
                                X