"Diplogame" PolyCast Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, whats up?
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by MMC View Post
      The time has come to actually get together and try to record something in the next week or so.

Currently the hosts will be Myself, The Capo, OzzyKP, and Danny PO. If Ozzy is unable to participate due to being too lazy to get a new mic , then I would like to nominate Beta to take his place. Vampgelus is another possible contender.
      How about CS?
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

It all started with me being the host and organizer (after MMC had the idea) , but I see no chance to record an episode. I've been on polycast once, but my son was for 2 hours like: "I want to play with daddy because he's home" and it was driving my wife crazy.
        And I think that she's right
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

We don't need that many people, MMC and I can do it.
          "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Did you listen to any of the polycasts so far, Capo?
            They all involve 4-5 people.

Just 2 people would be boring. It would be more like a lecture.
            It should be a living conversation, with some fun, some quotes, all in a lively environment.

Comment

There's no reason you can't be on the show as a guest for some of the time, and then have someone else take over...
              Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
              "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Well, that could be possible.
                Saturday March 21th may be a possibility. Then wife and children are away.
                you can let me know, then I can drop by and yell: "All first finish your turn before you continue to chat about nerdy stuff in your mics"

Comment

I do listen to polycasts (sometimes), but mostly the modcasts. But I was under the impression that it wouldn't be an entire show dedicated to diplogames, but a segment of a regular show. Thus there isn't a need to have four or five people as the regular show already has four or five people. We would only need two really (if even that amount honestly) if this were the case. Plus I think it'd be better because people will probably be LESS LIKELY to listen to an entire show about diplogames. So I think ultimately we'd get more interest going if it was just one short segment with a maximum of three of us involved to get our points accross.
                  "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

From my experience, Dan and the regulars will be there - and you folks would be "co-hosts", there primarily to discuss the topic de jour - in this case diplo gaming - but also to throw your two cents worth in on the other items up for discussion.

I am available this Saturday if you need/want me, but The Capo and MMC and/or Ozzy are the best reps for diplo gaming (excluding CS who for the reasons he has stated - is unavailable ).
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by The Capo View Post
                      I do listen to polycasts (sometimes), but mostly the modcasts. But I was under the impression that it wouldn't be an entire show dedicated to diplogames, but a segment of a regular show. Thus there isn't a need to have four or five people as the regular show already has four or five people. We would only need two really (if even that amount honestly) if this were the case. Plus I think it'd be better because people will probably be LESS LIKELY to listen to an entire show about diplogames. So I think ultimately we'd get more interest going if it was just one short segment with a maximum of three of us involved to get our points accross.
                      Originally posted by Beta View Post
                      From my experience, Dan and the regulars will be there - and you folks would be "co-hosts", there primarily to discuss the topic de jour - in this case diplo gaming - but also to throw your two cents worth in on the other items up for discussion.

I am available this Saturday if you need/want me, but The Capo and MMC and/or Ozzy are the best reps for diplo gaming (excluding CS who for the reasons he has stated - is unavailable ).
                      The current plan (if we ever get around to it) is for a full 'Special' show to act as a pilot for a possible regular segment. Dan wasn't expecting to be involved, except in an Editor/Executive Producer Role, although he has tentatively agreed to be on the show as a 'Voice of the Public' to present a view of what Diplogames are seen to be like by outsiders. I would be in Dan's regular role of MC/Co-Host for this one show.

I felt that the best format for this Special would be for just 3 or 4 Co-Hosts, plus 2 or 3 guests who could tag-team for the length of the show. Thus people like CS could stay for a shorter period of time, and yet still contribute.

When Dan mentioned that a Special had been planned for a while, he asked me who would be the best people to Host the show. I happily put myself forward, and also mentioned Ozzy and Tony (The Capo), as the two most experienced Diplogamers I knew (Ozzy for maintaining the DiploFAQ, and Tony for taking part in - and naming - the first HOTW). Once they were on board, I suggested that we ask Danny Ortiz (DannyPO) to join us, since he is the newest member of the Diplo Community.

This all took place before Christmas, and we agreed to not do anything until January, which has now been and gone with no progress. Ozzy has been unable to replace his broken mic, and I have yet to even talk to Danny over Skype, to confirm he can take part. Ozzy has spoken to me and officially bowed out of the project, and Beta should contact me privately via MSN or Skype if he wants the job. Either that, or pester Ozzy until he gets a new mic.
                      Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009

Comment

Well, as far as regular shows go that may be a difficult thing to maintain. Especially considering the secrecy that goes on in Diplogames. I don't really know that an entire special dedicated to Diplogames will go off as well as a segment as part of the normal polycast. Even if they did an extended polycast with a Diplogame segment that might work better. But for a re-introduction (especially considering that civ4 has opened up Diplogaming a bit) I would suggest we started out by hitching on to the normal polycast show. That is my personal preference though, I'd be happy to do anything because I think if we make some good points we might be able to at least get a few new diplogamers. Currently I'd say we have around 20 active players, and I won't name names but of that 20 I'd say there are around 12 or so that are regular contributors to the games. Although admittedly its been better lately.

To me that number doesn't warrant regular shows dedicated to Diplogames. But I'd advise you, MMC, to continue pressing it upon Dan and see what he is open to doing.

One Love.

Comment

I think a onetime special would be the best solution.
                          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Perhaps not regular Diplogame shows, but perhaps one of us could pop in to do a Diplogame update on the regular Polycast every so often. In addition to a one-time Diplogame special.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                              Perhaps not regular Diplogame shows, but perhaps one of us could pop in to do a Diplogame update on the regular Polycast every so often. In addition to a one-time Diplogame special.
                              The best formulation I've heard so far. That way people who hear about it in later polycasts can check out the special which provides more info.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                                That was pretty much the plan. Even if it's just an update on who's in the lead, and who needs a sub. Perhaps even a reminder to turn or vote, if someone is holding things up.

Comment

Working...
                                X