1vs Portugal
    2vs Portugal
    3vs russia
    4vs russia
    5vs Greece

Comment

• Well 4 and 5 are one big war

Not counting Raz

Oh wait i forgot Piercia hmm so i have 4 wars and Rome 5 than!

Comment

• different enimies count as different wars even if it is one big one. Maybe you need to declare war on russia too so you can catch up with Rome.

Comment

• OOC- To Greece:

And why is Portugal letting Rome have it's way? Rome even stole 2 cities from Portugal for crying out loud!
          Please don't let me go back and quote all those texts where I was warning you all that Rome needs to be stopped or it would become a giant. Why should I now help clean the mess that some of you have created.

Comment

• different enimies count as different wars even if it is one big one. Maybe you need to declare war on russia too so you can catch up with Rome.

Comment

• Portugal, I was speaking in general. And to be honest, as far as I know has Portugal only defended itself. That doesn't count :P

But it's true, I also enjoy this game. I think it's a very awesome game. It just takes time, but things are becoming more and more interesting. I'd love it if we could have a faster timer though.

And yes, I am with you that Rome was becoming way to big from hundreds of years ago.
              It's not for nothing that Sparta kept down it's relations with Rome and has tried all the time to set nations up against Rome.

Sparta was the only one who tried to help you in the very ancient time (we didn't even met yet!) but the distances were too big, I couldn't do anything but accept gold for peace)

Then I was the first one to declare war on Rome when it invaded Russia. Don't say I never tried!
              I even fore warned Russia through diplomacy that Rome was building up troops, but RUssia never got it.

Russia is indeed to blame itself for not having very good relations with his neighbours. Better relations with Portugal might have saved him from Roman aggression.

Even during this war it takes much time for Russia to respond to me. Sometimes I get the idea that it's my war vs Rome, while it is Russia's war!

But Rome: Sparta will find you one day! You can enjoy your distance security now, one day we'll let you pay

Comment

• Now now folks, we are starting to misuse OCC to paint a in-game view of Rome. Yes in land I am the largest. But try looking at technology - I am way behind the leaders. That is civ - big empires are not always the most successful. OK I will do my damnest to make sure Rome is, and I am not asking for sympathy, but just to obsess about number of cities does show people are forgetting what a clever game Civ is. I'm terrified of the day when Portuguese riflemen attack and all I have are some nice pikes and longbows.

Comment

• Don't fear someone who won't attack you and fear someone who if paid the right amount will attack almost anyone.

Comment

• Don't fear someone who won't attack you and fear someone who if paid the right amount will attack almost anyone.

Comment

• I'd love it if we could have a faster timer though.
                      Agreed - maybe make it 18hrs (A little change see if all can manage?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Portugal

Agreed - maybe make it 18hrs (A little change see if all can manage?)
                        I'd prefer if we didn't shorten the timer any more. As it is, I can easily manage and log in at the same time every day with little fear of missing a turn.

Comment

• No problemo Celts, we stick to the current one. Especially now with holidays coming up.

Comment

• 18hrs would only drop the timer down 1hr, I don't think that would affect anything.

Comment

• I will throw in my two cents worth - and this from a civ that has been dragging near the bottom the entire game, got boxed in early on by the Metalheads, and had terrible luck losing scouts and warriors and even a settler.

I have enjoyed, and am enjoying this game. Like all things civ, you have some periods that are more interesting than others - often a function of what is going on in the game, or what RL is throwing at you at the moment. In a game lasting this long, that only seems natural, and so the commitment to the others to see it through to the end is key.

I like the map. The size is good for the number of civs playing. And the two different continental geo-political situations make for a healthy dynamic.

As to the Khmer and Portugal, people may whine about the map, but my observation is that cream always rises to the top.

I have played in enough games with whom I think these players are to know that is the case. They are good. I bet Portugal has a landscape covered with towns.

I too am disappointed by Raz's actions. He garnered a number of my votes over the months. I am also a bit jealous of his situation in the game, but no, I could never abandon the Empire. And I would have appreciated a reply to my civstats diplomacy offer, once it was clear you were exiting the game.

But hey, Raz has got to do what he feels he needs to do. Not the optimal situation, so lets get it fixed and move on.

So a big word of thanks again to CS for hosting and keeping this all together, and to all the other players in the game. Group hug!

Comment

• I would rather not group huge but I must admit this game is fun. Sure my civ is dead last in score cities (which I just fot 3 more so I am no longer a three city civ I would not leave this game for anything it is just too fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X