X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oooooo sometihng happened !!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
      Guys, I'm sorry for messing up civstats, I had a reason for that. Don't start to dig into it, believe me.

You might have well said please don’t touch the red button. Now I will not rest easy till I find out what happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan

You might have well said please don’t touch the red button. Now I will not rest easy till I find out what happened.
        Somebody logged in to the game with his real name, then some guys started to try to hide logging in and out of the game asap, which froze the game entirely.

Then I kicked them and connected / disconnected the civstats server till the log was cleared.

That's all
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• And I would NEVAH say that you should not press the red button!
          Everyone should press that red button asap every turn!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
            And I would NEVAH say that you should not press the red button!
            Everyone should press that red button asap every turn!!!

That was not the button I was referring to. Though you have now peeked my curiosity even more. I will find out who this person was but not a word shall I say.

Comment

• Good luck!
              And I know that you were not referring to *that* button

Comment

• I know who it was. But the I will not tell anyone.

Comment

• as it the only interesting thing happening lets tlak more about it.

Comment

• You want to talk about pushing the red botton?

Comment

• if i had a red button i would push it ...

Give me a RED button

Comment

• I have a question regarding the score update;
                        I'm doing pretty well in all categories, except the diplomacy category.

Therefore I just want to ask you guys this question: (this is not to complain but to gather useful information)
                        Do you guys consider my diplomacy not good enough to vote for, or do you not notice my diplomacy?

The reason I ask is because if it's the latter, then I should try to find ways to make my diplomacy more visible. If it's the first, then I should reconsider my diplomatic tactic.

Some examples:
                        - When Rome/Persia started a war with Portugal in the north-east I treated the Persians to invade them in the south-west. By building up diplomatic pressure on Rome and Persia I got a gold resource for free. Factually I gained a gold-resource through diplomacy

Question: did you guys not consider it worth a (tiny) vote or did you not notice it?

- When Japan treated to settle on a place where my allie Korea wanted to settle, I used all diplomacy I had to both avoid a war with Japan (which I didn't want to damage) and keep the spot for Korea. I succeeded.

Question: did you guys not consider it worth a (tiny) vote or did you not notice it?

- I have maintained peaceful relations with all my neighbours, kept them happy with me through diplomacy by giving techs, resources and even land. Both this and my huge army make Sparta quite a safe land to live in.

Understand me correctly, I do not want to complain about my lack of diplomatic votes. I'm doing fine on the (diplo) score chart! I'm just trying to explore new ways to improve diplo-game wise.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Not to start something but I think for someones who has a huge army you have really done nothing. Sure you keep the peace but in my eyes that doesn't make you a good diplomat that just makes you a police officer. If you want a new way to explore Diplo ( not to sound rude) I think you should grow a pair and fight someone bigger then you. Just my thoughts....

Comment

• Although I don't agree with Japan entirely he does have a point. Some people may not vote for you diplomatically because they think you really got things done because of your army. Or at least the fear of your army. Personally I am pretty sure I have voted for Greece a few times in the diplomacy category, but in some of those cases you've described it wasn't exactly your diplomacy that got you in the position you are in.

That said, I have seen a lot of Greece's diplomatic endeavors firsthand. The problem is a lot of diplomacy goes down in PMs, which is a trade off (secrecy and votes) that has to be considered. So I would suggest people only make private messages when it is absolutely necessary.
                            "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Portugal has only voted for your good story postings. I have no idea what Diplomacy (Deals, negotiations etc) have you done in order to give you my votes.

I have given the majority of my diplo points to the people who negotiate and do business with me.

Comment

• nvm
                                Last edited by Pitboss Celts; October 15, 2008, 13:02.

Comment

Working...
                                X