This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
    yuo know the old rome leader was right. New rome falling down ladder of points.
    So It was my brilliance that kept the civ as high as it did!

The reports of it being overpowered where greatly exaggerated.

Rome in Beyond the Pit is a tricky civ at best, it has specific weaknesses and specific strengths and these are quite different from the ones in a normal game SP game of civ with Rome. If you play her to her strengths you are a superpower if you don't then Attila wins...

I'm sure the player will get used to it and diplo, for what its worth I think a number of players on of Beyond the Pit would have done much worse and only a handful better (only vets such as Ozzy, Toni and Diety and maybe the talented but inexperienced Piercia).

You guys may now understand why I said both Khmer and Portugal have a 15% chance of winning, they are as civs much less tricky to play due to the wonderful all round skills of the veteran players that control them. They have set up civs with few if any weaknesses that are capable diplomats, I mean Portugal has even entered a personal union with Spain! The two powers incredible synergy at exploiting the new world (not to mention the nod to RL history) is nothing short of brilliant. They will surley both prosper even more in the centuries to come. Kudos!

You may see them as middle civs on the vote boards now, but from what I know of the two players (I'm referring to Khmer and Portugal now) I am certain that their endgame will be spectacular with excellent diplomacy, story and overwhelming economic prowess. I can't wait to see which one of them wins.

PS DO NOT DELETE THIS POST. If I quit the game there is no sense in preserving anon now is there? Also I want a post to keep this thread in "my threads" so I can check it and the world of Beyond the Pit out when I have the time.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• again never ever should we play anon. it nly the newbies that dont know who is who.

But on one thing you are wrong and yet right.

You are right that in game score wise thsat khmer and Port may gain high points.

but that is not WINNING this game.

They may go around bragging about their ingame score etc. But the voting system detrmines winners not the in game score alone.

Comment

• Vikings i am not bragging about anything stop this blame game please. Seens i joined this community I have never bragged about winning or anything score wise. Others started adding my name to some special list of vets. I have always wanted and still want to be left alone to play my game and not be mentioned in any categories vs other players. And i have been telling also the people who stress the in game score that at the end only the total score matters for this game.

Stop adding my name when it suits you!

Please leave me alone I only have one wish here and that is to play civ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Last edited by Pitboss Portugal; October 10, 2008, 17:21.

Comment

• Rome dropped points because I, as a sub, didn't accept any tech-trade deals. I think I have rejected 3 or 4 deals. Other civs have surpassed Rome because they have made tech deals. Remember that the 3rd-8th position were close to each other all the time.

And I haven't seen anybody bragging about their score or their civ. Certainly not Portugal and khmer.

And I think that Hercules was a bit in the winning mood when he made those claims on winning etc.
          I must say that I really loved the way how he played Rome and his role playing! Thanks for that Hercules!

I also think that the new Rome is going to be great! His first posts are really promissing!
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Portugal
            Vikings i am not bragging about anything stop this blame game please. Seens i joined this community I have never bragged about winning or anything score wise. Others started adding my name to some special list of vets. I have always wanted and still want to be left alone to play my game and not be mentioned in any categories vs other players. And i have been telling also the people who stress the in game score that at the end only the total score matters for this game.

Stop adding my name when it suits you!

Please leave me alone I only have one wish here and that is to play civ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            I only hav eone wish too , to play DIPLO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i will point out why it seems you are trying to win in game and not in DIPLO fashion.

1. You have posted little Storys. So little chance of getting votes there.
            2. Your diplomacy is always done from a position of power not as mutual aid. So little chance on getting votes there.
            3. So far your military has been weak when pushed by a good civ like Rome. So again littel chance of getting voted there.

So basically the only category you doing well in is IN GAME SCORE.

So if you not targetting the VOTING SYSTEM you will lose this game. IN GAME SCORE is not the way to win it only 25% of the final score. Whether you get 10,000 in game pts and the bottom civ only gets 100 pts for final score for this game you would only score 18pts for in game score whilst bottom civ wil lget 1 pt. Mid road civ like my self will get about 8 or 9 pts.

So all this effort on getting far out in front game wise only avails you differnce to me is 7 pts. Only 17 pts diff to bototm civ

Any good poster or Diplo player will get lots more votes than the difference in INGAME pts.

So whislt you not bragging at moment. It would appear that you are targetting an IN GAME high score and forgetting how to win this game overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
              His first posts are really promissing!
              I agree.
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• 2. Your diplomacy is always done from a position of power not as mutual aid. So little chance on getting votes there.

War is only an extention of diplomacy!
                imho diplomacy is anything that let you achieve your foreign goals except war.
                I don't see how powerplay can't be a part of that.

Comment

• it game is block by rome.

not right firewall setting it say.

Comment

• Then wait till he left the game.
                    The turn didn't end anyway yet. waiting for the Inca.

Comment

• It's 10.10. by now... still no sign of the votes for September ? I'd like to see how that month modified the score table.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                        2. Your diplomacy is always done from a position of power not as mutual aid. So little chance on getting votes there.

War is only an extention of diplomacy!
                        imho diplomacy is anything that let you achieve your foreign goals except war.
                        I don't see how powerplay can't be a part of that.
                        becuasue people dont like to be pushed around, and so wont vote for someone pushing them around, quite simpel realy.

If the biggest civs get the diplo votes too jsut for being big and forcing a smaller civ to do as they say then no point in even playing this game.

It only when a small civ gets its own way thay diplo is real

If people are voting on the diplo votes jsut for big civs forcing others to obey then lets stop the voting it a waste of time.

The Diplo votes shoudl be for people being clever, not for being big.

Comment

• I'm going to post them today. One civ asked to correct their vote because they voted for the same thing both in August and September That's why it takes a little longer.

Comment

• @Vikings: you're free to vote for whatever reason you have. But your anthipaty against the high-ingame score players is also not a healthy form of diploplaying. You blame others for looking at the score, but you have an obsession with te high scores yourself.

Comment

• No i jsut keeping a close eye on hoe this voting system is going. My first time i seen it in praxctive so interested to see how it works.

Will it give a different winner to the in game score , hoep fulyl it will if justified , that is the person doing the best in story , diplo relaltions etc.

If the ingame winner is predominayely the score winner too then just a waste of time doing boh systems.

Lets wait and see, but as i said up above.

Diplomacy is not the art of forcing someone to do what you want otherwise yuo crush them with your army. It is more to do with smalelr civs gettin g thier way.

Otherwise again the in game high scorers will dominate all Diplo votes too.

Comment

• If the in-game score winner is the best storyteller, dipomat and warmonger, then he deserves to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X