This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CyberShy

(I hope that one day I'll get an award for answering all your billions of questions in a very calm way.)

Here ya go:

It is always tough being the organizer of these things. Diplogamers are quite ornery. I've played lead organizer for a few, as you know, and I'm very, very glad you're doing it this time.

Thanks!!
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• ozzy returns...

doesthis mean metalheads will finaly post agian.

What happend to your war with HRE.. one post about it starting not much since, is the war over, who won? di you take his city?

hmmm DIPLO !!!!!!

Comment

• I don't have a whole lot of time to post. Sorry to offend you so deeply. I hope you are able to someday forgive me.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Three Cheers to Cyber, yes!

I see two sides to this. What a lot of us have trouble with is constant chatter that appears to undermine the settings for the current game.

But really we must be free to say what we want.

However, it must be done in the context of brainstorming about future fine tuning.

This is what I wanted to do about the voucher system but it came across in the same way Raz and Capo come across: constant questioning about the current game. And worse than that we are sort of attacking other players.

I think we need to chill out about that.

We are very lucky to have the valuable scenario of 18 players in a diplo game. Just accept that we are all going to judge things different and participate to a greater or lesser extent. You can turn this into a diplo thing anyway, for example Inca being a closed state like North Korea.

I personally get fed up about constant questionng of anon and numbers of players in the game. I totally agree with Cybers points on this BTW.

You can keep writing stuff but you'll get a more positive outcome if you discuss it in perhaps another context like a thread for setting up another game/mod...

And I suggest Cyber just ignore such posts in this thread.

And again I apologise for stirring the pot earlier on.
          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
            I don't have a whole lot of time to post. Sorry to offend you so deeply. I hope you are able to someday forgive me.
            so even ozzy doenst think storys are part of diplo.

so i ask , what is DIPLO??

Comment

• Originally posted by deity

This is what I wanted to do about the voucher system but it came across in the same way Raz and Capo come across:
              dont worry ian i wont bother the boards with my opinions anymore.

and no more stories..

Comment

• If people don't have time to post they can't post, that's fine. I'm not arguing that people should be required to post. That's why we have the votes, if people don't post and can't do it they simply won't get votes. So I don't see a problem with people not being able to post.

The problem I have is that some people act like its a detriment to the game for people that like to post, or post often.

That is what separates diplogames from other games, its the posting and the discourse that occurs due to it. That's all I'm saying.

And again, its not necessarily the number of players that I have a problem with. Its the insistence on having as many people as we can get while ignoring the issue of the type of players we need for these games. It just bothers me that people decide to complain about the amount of posting, especially when they don't bother to do it themselves in any meaningful way. That's all.

My point is its better to have a game of ten people who all try to post when they can and enjoy doing it, and reading the posts. Not predetermining that we need 18 people and then just filling the roster slots.
                "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
                  dont worry ian i wont bother the boards with my opinions anymore.

and no more stories..
                  cheez Raz.

Please Raz, I want to encourage you to post like blazes IC and OOC but just chill a little ONLY on the stuff I suggested.

It doesn't require a blanket response like this Raz.

*deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Yeah Ras, deity is right.

There's no reason for you to assume you are the one who is wrong here just because what they say disagrees with what you say/think.

Maybe it is they who are wrong?

You need thicker skin man, don't let these clowns tell you what's what.
                    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Capo, we have a game of 18 people, organised before you came along.

These 18 people are enjoying the game in their own ways. Don't keep trying to maximise your pefect enjoyment model on everyone else.

Let's get you mod up and running and you be the organiser and set the boundaries the way you want.

Cyber organised this game and it's a brilliant game.

"Who'll play pitboss and barbarians and I own the game."

*deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Yes Capo hurry up with your game.

The sooner the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by deity
                          Capo, we have a game of 18 people, organised before you came along.

These 18 people are enjoying the game in their own ways. Don't keep trying to maximise your pefect enjoyment model on everyone else.

Let's get you mod up and running and you be the organiser and set the boundaries the way you want.

Cyber organised this game and it's a brilliant game.

"Who'll play pitboss and barbarians and I own the game."

Damn you guys need to relax, nobody is trying to change the game. I am simply pointing out that, since this is the first pitboss game we are going to learn how it is different in a diplogame than a normal MP game. And I have personally that too many cooks spoil the broth. So all I said was in future games we should have less players who are more dedicated (LIKE WE USED TO DO) and allow one or two new players per game. That's all.

I haven't suggested, NOT ONCE, that we change the amount of players in this game. So relax.

One Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
                            Yes Capo hurry up with your game.

The sooner the better.
                            Not the sooner the better young grasshopper. It has to be perfected first, and I said in the mod thread I am still working out a couple of bugs. BTW what do you guys think about the unit stats idea?

One Love.

Comment

• Guys, I'm sorry for messing up civstats, I had a reason for that. Don't start to dig into it, believe me.
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• @you know who you are: your password is in you pitboss pm box.
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X